Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Ultimate Member

Hell I find Liz Allen's portrayal to be problematic as well. Basically if you're a female character who's NOT named Anna Maria, then you're not being written very well right now. As for Felicia, I've said this before, but it's still true. Mark Waid should have gotten Felicia. He was writing her pretty well in his DD run and she and Matt had a fun dynamic. And it was infinitely better than what Slott's doing with her now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Oh, maybe Sajoni becomes a new super villian at the end of this arc, yay new villains.
    I'm kind of hoping for this one. She could easily become a character like the Tinkerer.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    I'm kind of hoping for this one. She could easily become a character like the Tinkerer.
    That might work depending on how it's handled and not forced like Felicia and Liz. Although do we really need to see another of Peter's friends become a villain?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    That might work depending on how it's handled and not forced like Felicia and Liz. Although do we really need to see another of Peter's friends become a villain?
    Is she really Peter's friend?

Quote Originally Posted by Aruran. View Post
    Not even a frenemy, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruran. View Post
    Well, employee/personal acquaintance. Still you kind of get my point, right? Do we need another supporting cast member turned into a villain?

what's going on with Liz?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Hell I find Liz Allen's portrayal to be problematic as well. Basically if you're a female character who's NOT named Anna Maria, then you're not being written very well right now. As for Felicia, I've said this before, but it's still true. Mark Waid should have gotten Felicia. He was writing her pretty well in his DD run and she and Matt had a fun dynamic. And it was infinitely better than what Slott's doing with her now.
    If Waid had made Felicia a part of Daredevil's supporting cast, then Slott would not have made her into who she is now. In fact, if Waid didn't use her initially, Slott would have killed her off in Ends of the Earth story arc instead of Silver Sable.

As for Liz, would she have even approved of her brother sending a supervillain to destroy Peter's company? I would not think so as she might have been very upset that her step brother went behind her back.

Quote Originally Posted by Probalus View Post
    Madam Viper, Lady Deathstrike, Madelyne Pryor are not Spider-Man villains, or have anything to do with Spider-Man whatsoever. Theres zero history there. And they bring with them tons of baggage like Hydra, Japan stuff, mutant stuff that firmly takes Spider-Man outside of his elements. So no, bad ideas.

And who the heck cares about Spider-Queen? She's a two bit villain who was nothing more than plot device in the two stories she appeared in.
    Same thing I was gonna say. They could have used Typhoid Mary, though. Spidey has fought her before and she is street level and self-contained enough to work as a major female Spidey Villain. She even already has a history with the Kingpin.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny Mutie View Post
    Same thing I was gonna say. They could have used Typhoid Mary, though. Spidey has fought her before and she is street level and self-contained enough to work as a major female Spidey Villain. She even already has a history with the Kingpin.
    Madam Viper, Lady Deathstrike, Madelyne Pryor are not being used as far as I know. Also, Lady Deathstrike initially wasn't even an X-Men villain as her first appearance was in the pages of Daredevil. Prior to that, there was no indication that she was associated with Wolverine until Chris Claremont made to happen in 1986. I think that Deathstrike would make for a good Spider-Man villain, as well as Viper and The Red Queen...

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Madam Viper, Lady Deathstrike, Madelyne Pryor are not being used as far as I know. Also, Lady Deathstrike initially wasn't even an X-Men villain as her first appearance was in the pages of Daredevil. Prior to that, there was no indication that she was associated with Wolverine until Chris Claremont made to happen in 1986. I think that Deathstrike would make for a good Spider-Man villain, as well as Viper and The Red Queen...
    Villains fighting heroes they haven't before is fine but it needs to be organic. What reason would Viper, Deathstrike, and Pryor have to hurt Spider-man?
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Villains fighting heroes they haven't before is fine but it needs to be organic. What reason would Viper, Deathstrike, and Pryor have to hurt Spider-man?
    Madam Viper: It connects to the Marvel Team-Up series #82 thru #85 when he and the Black Widow ruined her plans, as well as the fact that he's responsible for helping Jessica Drew to become a hero in her own right.

Deathstrike: This is in connection with Spider-Man and Wolverine's back story

The Red Queen: In connection with Nat Grey(X-Man) and Spider-Man of which Peter and Mary Jane remained her of her relationship with Scott Summers, of whom she still carries a deep hatred of abandonment by him.

These are just a few examples. A good writer could make this a whole lot better and give a completing reason for them being Spider-Man's enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    The Black Cat's been in a rut for decades. This turn towards outright villainy is the most interesting thing anyone's done with Felicia in ages, maybe ever.
    Well that's your opinion of course, but I couldn't disagree more. She was given a load of dimension in mid 00s stories like the first half of The Evil That Men Do mini and as a supporting character in Sensational/Marvel Knights Spider-Man, where for the first time in a long while she was actually being written as a fully fleshed character that went beyond her initial "hi I'm a thief and I'm horny for Spider-Man" quirks.
    Right now though, the character has just been regressed into a one note character again. Sure it's a slightly different take, but it's still at the end incredibly poor characterization.

Finally, she isn't just Peter's sometime lover (a romantic relationship that was never going to go anywhere)
    It was only never going to go anywhere because Mary Jane was always in the picture. And now that she's not, we have Felicia "omg u punched out my tooth I h8 u spiderman #imevilnow" Hardy. She's not a danger, just a poorly written melodramatic joke.
    Last edited by Zeitgeist; 04-06-2015 at 06:07 AM.
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

That last page with Aunt May makes me think RYV will be the new status quo. It just seems like it's screaming that she's going to die.

Next Issue Aunt May Vs Black Cat