Thread: Walking dead #1

All-New Member

Default Walking dead #1

First off just want to say hi to everyone! Im new to the boards so hope to learn more about comics and anything else..lol

My question is as a walking dead fan Im considering purchasing the walking dead #1 comic but the prices are insanely high. Do you think these prices are going to go down in the near future or stay pretty consistent since there are more seasons to come?

Not too long ago, it was re-released for $1, as part of "Image Firsts", but that of course is not a first printing which may have had a low print run. I can see those first prints going down sometime in the future, but when? I couldn't possibly tell you.

Do collected editions interest you? Or are you just wanting the single issue 1?

Edit:

Here is a link to the "Image Firsts" info:

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/comi...-for-1-571913/

It'll probably stay high for the duration of the TV show and a good while after.

If you just want it to read youre better off getting the trade.

All-New Member

The one im looking at is a 9.4 for 1k...im interested in other issues but mainly #1

In my experience, this site is more about content than collecting. I agree that the price will remain high as long as the show is on, and probably longer.

Comics as an investment are a dicey situation. If you've got a thousand dollars to invest, I'd recommend a money market or a dividend-paying stock.
    Hope is not lost today. It is found.

Welcome to the boards!

If you're looking into #1 just as an investment, I would probably take Don C's advice. You never known when the price will plummet or rise in the short term.

If you're looking to get on board the comic from issue one onwards, I find Walking Dead works better when read in a collection, so I would probably recommend buying the omnibuses or the trade books.

It's all up to your personal preference, of course. If you're comfortable spending $1000 on the issue, then go ahead!
    "Magneto, you ARE the father!"