Amazing Member

Default Who do you want to write and draw Wonder Woman after Azzarello's run ends

Hi everyone

So Azzarello's run is finally coming to a close and there are some rumors flying around that the Finches might be next to take over the reigns of WW. My question to all of you is who would you like to see write and draw Wonder Woman and why? Explain.

What kind of stories would keep those that just came for Azzarello's writing/story and keep them reading while at the same time attracting those that left the series because of the way Azzarello told this WW story?

Note: the writer does not necessarily have to be a comic book writer - it can be any writer you think would have an interesting take on WW and will stick around for 24 issues or so if not longer - the longer the better or is it?

Extraordinary Member

I would love if Rick Riordan did it! If you haven't heard of him, shame! He's the ultimate myth-master, his Percy Jackson series & Kane Chronicles is amazing.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

My dream team would be Phil Jimenez on both writing and art with Terry Dodson doing cover and doing fill-in issues for when Phil would need a break on art.

Realistically, I'd like to see Charles Soule take over as writer as I like his portrayal of Diana in Superman/Wonder Woman plus he's fond of a lot of the classic elements of Wonder Woman such as noble Amazons, the Invisible Jet, Baroness Paula Von Gunther, and Dr. Poison. As for the artist, Stephane Roux, Alan Davis, or Ed Benes(if he could tone down the cheesecake) would be great choices in my book.

As for the direction, I think a blend of myth and non-myth aspects would be the only way to satisfy both the current and the former fan-bases. Adding in a few noble Amazons would probably help as well. One arc could feature the return of Zeus while the next could have Diana fighting the all new Dr. Cyber along with Steve Trevor and Etta Candy by Diana's side. The new team definitely needs to mix things up instead of relying on a one trick pony of mythology.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I would love if Rick Riordan did it! If you haven't heard of him, shame! He's the ultimate myth-master, his Percy Jackson series & Kane Chronicles is amazing.
    that's interesting for sure.

I would die to see Kieron Gillen doing a WW book, he can write Gods ( he rocked journey into mystery) and is doing a new book about gods possessing young folks. you can't get much better than this.

scott snyder is always a fave, but he doesn't has enought time

art: marcus To extremely beautiful without being cheesecake

Astonishing Member

Grant Morrison.