Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Julie Delpy and Linda Cardellini Confirmed for "Avengers: Age of Ultron"

The actresses appeared on a list of cast members attending the premiere and Disney later confirmed their involvement in the film.

Full article here.

Mighty Member

Julie Delpy: Magda Maximoff
    Linda Cardinelli: Maria Stark

Unless this is an April's Fools thing...
    Last edited by solletaire; 04-01-2015 at 04:44 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by solletaire View Post
    Julie Delpy: Magda Maximoff
    Linda Cardinelli: Maria Stark

Unless this is an April's Fools thing...
    I doubt it. If they were gonna go for an April Fool's gag, I imagine they'd have used bigger name actresses.

Well, good luck and kudos to them both. Hopefully there will be a bump up in attendance. Betty Ross is missed from this ongoing narrative. There need to be a lot more people from the individual members' supporting casts.

BANNED

Jinkies! This cast is huge!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Well, good luck and kudos to them both. Hopefully there will be a bump up in attendance. Betty Ross is missed from this ongoing narrative. There need to be a lot more people from the individual members' supporting casts.
    I'd love to see Betty back, esp. if she's played by Jennifer Connelly (wrong movie, I know, but I liked her version better). It'd also be interesting to find out what Thunderbolt Ross thinks about the Hulk becoming a "hero."

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    Jinkies! This cast is huge!
    Indeed. I remember Linda mainly from the two live action Scooby Doo movies, her in a supporting role in Scooby Doo: Mystery Incorporated (The BEST incarnation of the show bar none), and Wendy from Gravity Falls. Rather curious what her role here would be.

Julie Delpy, now that's a name i haven't heard in a while.

Good for her.

I know Cardellini mostly from Freaks and Geeks, altho I caught a bit of her performance in one of the Scooby movies and she also had a recurring role on Mad Men a season or two back. Interested to find out what her role will be and whether she will be making additional appearance in MCU.

Looking over Delpy's body of work, I can't say I've seen any of her films but for some reason she seems familiar anyhow.

If you haven't seen Julie Delpy, at the very least in the Before Sunrise series of films... You have missed out on the most realistic romance movies of the last two decades. It's not about genre, it's about emotion.

Cardellini has had a much more televised career, so it's a little easier to have missed her if you weren't there when her program first aired. I was watching for Freaks and Geeks, but ER was never my thing.

Surprised by Delpy, but hey, alright. She's far more of an indie darling and one of those actresses that come to mind whenever someone speaks of fancy high art Parisian cinema.

Incredible Member Miraclo__Pill's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by square View Post
    If you haven't seen Julie Delpy, at the very least in the Before Sunrise series of films... You have missed out on the most realistic romance movies of the last two decades. It's not about genre, it's about emotion.

Cardellini has had a much more televised career, so it's a little easier to have missed her if you weren't there when her program first aired. I was watching for Freaks and Geeks, but ER was never my thing.
    Preach it like it is, Brother! I'll watch anything with Julie Delpy's name in it. And I've always have a huge crush on Linda Cardellini. AoU keeps on trying to take my money even if they don't need to try anymore.
    http://grafikarobotnik.tumblr.com/

I survived the 2014 reboot and I didn't even got a lousy t-shirt.

Incredible Member Miraclo__Pill's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Surprised by Delpy, but hey, alright. She's far more of an indie darling and one of those actresses that come to mind whenever someone speaks of fancy high art Parisian cinema.
    I'll take that as a compliment.
    http://grafikarobotnik.tumblr.com/

I survived the 2014 reboot and I didn't even got a lousy t-shirt.

I'll be stunned if these actresses are playing characters from the comics but you never know. Their roles must be significant enough to warrant inviting to the premiere. They can't just be cameos.

I've been a big fan of Cardellini's since her Freaks and Geeks days. I always thought it was a shame she never quite broke out like a lot of her fellow castmates did. She does an amazing job in the new Netflix series Bloodline too.

I have no idea who she could be, but I'm definitely pleased to see her in such a big movie. (Though it would be funny if she were Maria Stark... with John Slattery being the elder version of Howard Stark. Two Mad Men actors!)