View Poll Results: Can Most/Few/Many Villains Be Reeemed?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, most can.

6 28.57%
  • No, most can't.

3 14.29%
  • Yes, a few can.

9 42.86%
  • No, a fair few can't.

2 9.52%
  • It all depends on...

4 19.05%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    In Regina's case, she's shown repeatedly trying to atone for what she's done and her previous actions are constantly getting brought up by the other characters so who she used to be isn't completely forgotten.
    They don't mention the specifics. They don't bring up any of her crimes. They just label her a bad person and the evil queen to the point where several seasons later, it doesn't mean much of anything because it's divorced from context. She's never even personally made amends to a lot of the townspeople she screwed over. And she friggin kills Robin Hoods wife(before Emma changed the timeline by bringing her back from the past), but she deserves to be with him, because fate, even though he was only single because of what she did.

And the writers have found ridiculous ways of trying to make Snow White seem more shady to make Regina look better. I'm thinking specifically of the flashback episode where we learn Snow's mom was kind of a bitch to Regina's mom after she tried to trap the future king in a marriage(she was pregnant with another man's kid and didn't tell him). The episode's moral seemed to be: well, maybe she(Snow's mom) kinda deserved to die.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

If a character like Xena can be redeemed, then there's hope for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    If a character like Xena can be redeemed, then there's hope for everyone.
    LOL I forgot, wasn't she a 'bad guy' in Hercules: The Legendary Journeys?

Thanks for the memories.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    LOL I forgot, wasn't she a 'bad guy' in Hercules: The Legendary Journeys?

Thanks for the memories.
    Evil shit Xena has done:
    - Killed 40,000 people by burning down a city
    - Raided and raised 100+ towns, cities and villages over several years.
    - Tortured people for information and then was fine with letting them die (notably once by 'flesh eating crabs')
    - Flat out murdering scores of people
    - Genocide by killing an entire tribe of Amazons and condemning them to limbo for eternity.

The list goes on. But hey if she can be redeemed then everyone's got a shot.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

I think some villains can be redeemed but not all of them.

Most heroes seem to believe in redemption. Anti-heroes/heroes who believe in moral absolutism like The Punisher or Rorschach generally don't believe in redemption which is why they kill their enemies rather that send them to prison in the hope they will be rehabilitated.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet View Post
    They don't mention the specifics. They don't bring up any of her crimes. They just label her a bad person and the evil queen to the point where several seasons later, it doesn't mean much of anything because it's divorced from context. She's never even personally made amends to a lot of the townspeople she screwed over. And she friggin kills Robin Hoods wife(before Emma changed the timeline by bringing her back from the past), but she deserves to be with him, because fate, even though he was only single because of what she did.

And the writers have found ridiculous ways of trying to make Snow White seem more shady to make Regina look better. I'm thinking specifically of the flashback episode where we learn Snow's mom was kind of a bitch to Regina's mom after she tried to trap the future king in a marriage(she was pregnant with another man's kid and didn't tell him). The episode's moral seemed to be: well, maybe she(Snow's mom) kinda deserved to die.
    Yeah you make some good points that I can't really argue against. Although I'd say the bolded was about making Snow's mom shady not Snow herself. And even then Snow's mom became a better person while Regina's didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet View Post

Yeah you make some good points that I can't really argue against. Although I'd say the bolded was about making Snow's mom shady not Snow herself. And even then Snow's mom became a better person while Regina's didn't.