Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Earth Defense Directorate buttler's Avatar

I never liked that Johns-era John Stewart is characterized primarily as a soldier. Mosaic-era John Stewart the architect was much more interesting and much more creative.
    Blogging about Wonder Woman every Wednesday: theidiolect.com

Quote Originally Posted by buttler View Post
    I never liked that Johns-era John Stewart is characterized primarily as a soldier. Mosaic-era John Stewart the architect was much more interesting and much more creative.
    Hopefully Johns make John Stewart's character similar to Mosaic. He did say that he's reading John in that story currently.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Desh View Post
    I don't see a need in complicating the brand by having more than one central GL.
    I agree. So Hal Jordan, sole green lantern in DCCU.

Since the only green lantern visible to the audiences this year is Hal Jordan (as were the past 8 years) I guess the only logical solution is to continue using Hal in the cinematic universe. He is also the most popular Green Lantern.

Quote Originally Posted by nightrider View Post
    I agree. So Hal Jordan, sole green lantern in DCCU.
    Not after his movie loses approximately 90 million dollars for WB, no. I mean, that is multiple fortunes.

Since the only green lantern visible to the audiences this year is Hal Jordan (as were the past 8 years) I guess the only logical solution is to continue using Hal in the cinematic universe. He is also the most popular Green Lantern.
    Not after his movie loses approximately 90 million dollars for WB, no, and his cartoon show failed to stay on the air. It's not logical to continue with things that have failed to work. And despite all those (terrible) direct to video movies, John Stewart is still more known than Hal Jordan, hence why people thought Hal Jordan was supposed to be Black.

Really, how many times must we go through this routine?

With Geoff Johns researching John Stewart so fervently, and a line up change for the League after "Darkseid War," things are pointing to John Stewart becoming a regular member of the Justice League.

It is really something when you guys don't have Geoff Johns in your corner anymore. He was, like, your main dude
    That, along with the numerous actors mentioning the character, points to John Stewart being used in the DCCU as Green Lantern. The announcement can't come soon enough so we can finally be done with this.

Then, I suppose, you can move on to complaining about John Stewart being used instead of acting like that isn't at all possible to happen (denial).
    Last edited by Desh; 04-03-2015 at 03:44 AM.

Astonishing Member

Not after his movie loses approximately 90 million dollars for WB, no. I mean, that is multiple fortunes.

Not after his movie loses approximately 90 million dollars for WB, no, and his cartoon show failed to stay on the air. It's not logical to continue with things that have failed to work. And despite all those (terrible) direct to video movies, John Stewart is still more known than Hal Jordan, hence why people thought Hal Jordan was supposed to be Black.

Really, how many times must we go through this routine?

With Geoff Johns researching John Stewart so fervently, and a line up change for the League after "Darkseid War," things are pointing to John Stewart becoming a regular member of the Justice League.

It is really something when you guys don't have Geoff Johns in your corner anymore. He was, like, your main dude
    That, along with the numerous actors mentioning the character, points to John Stewart being used in the DCCU as Green Lantern. The announcement can't come soon enough so we can finally be done with this.

Then, I suppose, you can move on to complaining about John Stewart being used instead of acting like that isn't at all possible to happen (denial).

How many times must we go through this routine? The underwhelming performance of Green Lantern movie is not due to hal. If thats the case then why haven't marvel swapped out Wolverine for another hero when Wolverine tanked? Not to mention Daredevil, Electra and Catwoman.
    Furthermore

Line up changes post convergence is true.

However the only green lantern I see is Hal Jordan and I dont think DC would spit us millions of Hal Jordan fans in our face by swapping the most popular Green Lantern out of Justice League.

BANNED

Except that we've also heard DC do away with the idea of "synergy" as of late and instead promote the idea of how different all their alternate universes are and now stories over continuity, and WB had the choice to pick two major big names to play John Stewart, one of which is a known fan, but instead wanted them to play Black Adam and Deadshot.

You see, you talk about them blaming Hal specifically, but that doesn't make sense to me, when everything else indicates they're ready to drop the idea of Green Lantern altogether. To WB execs, people who don't know comics, pitching John to them would be "make that movie you made again, but with a black guy". Why would they think John would be any marketable? They didn't watch or know the cartoon, they don't care how many fans he has from that. They don't want to switch characters, they want to ditch the concept, hence why Green Lantern doesn't seem like he'll be appearing in the first Justice League movie, whereas Flash has already been announced and casted. Seems like the folks at DC pushing for it -couldn't be the actors, again, they wanted Johnson for Shazam rather than Justice League- convinced them to give Green Lantern another shot, which'll mean a reboot but several years down the line.

But then again I don't really expect a lot that makes sense here given the way you pick and choose information to fit your narrative, you rival a creationist Fox newsreader.

Hell, there's probably a shot that John might just be being brought into Justice League to be killed off so DC can carry out that plan they had of killing him off before. I mean why not? It'd allow for Jessica to complete her character path by inheriting a proper GL ring, his new book seems to be operating under a limited idea ("lost army"), they booted off the guy who likes the character, and with the other GL books cancelled someone like Guy or Kyle can easily take it over. Johns could just be passing himself off as a fan now to try and make it seem like an editorial decision to avoid any personal backlash.

Johns also posted an Aquaman t-shirt featuring classic Arthur saying "you're the one who's lame". Clearly it means Momoa will appear in the movie actually having dyed his hair blond and wearing orange armour after all.
    Last edited by LoneNecromancer; 04-03-2015 at 05:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    Hell, there's probably a shot that John might just be being brought into Justice League to be killed off so DC can carry out that plan they had of killing him off before. I mean why not?
    Do you really think when John makes an appearance on Geoff Johns' Justice League that DC is going to kill him off, who sales in the GLC weren't in cancellation levels? And he's a minority character? Does that make good business sense to you What was the point of DC announcing Divergence in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Do you really think when John makes an appearance on Geoff Johns' Justice League that DC is going to kill him off, who sales in the GLC weren't in cancellation levels? And he's a minority character? Does that make good business sense to you What was the point of DC announcing Divergence in the first place?
    Nah he's not going to be kill off, at most he'll be added to the expanded roster to tackle The large threat the League will be facing, Its the same thing with Mister Miracle and Barda (those were Johns back reading a few months ago) as I asked Fabok a while back, there will be alot of characters in the book (newly created, old ones and New52 revamps of forgotten characters)
    Last edited by Sirzechs; 04-03-2015 at 07:29 AM.
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    Nah he's not going to be kill off, at most he'll be added to the expanded roster to tackle The large threat the League will be facing like Mister Miracle and Barda (those were Johns back reading a few months ago) as I asked Fabok a while back, there will be alot of characters in the book (newly created, old ones and New52 revamps of forgotten characters)
    I heard about Geoff Johns reading about Mister Miracle a while back and there were speculations that Mister Miracle will be a part of the Darkseid War, so it seems likely. He's doing the same as far as reading goes for Wonder Woman too (including John Stewart). I just don't think one of DC's most popular and well known writer would risk their public image to kill off a popular minority character in his own book.

It's good news to see new characters being created. It would be cool to see more diverse characters (Hispanic, Asian, Black etc) that kept their metahuman DNA from the Amazo virus.
    Last edited by Sodam Yat; 04-03-2015 at 07:52 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Desh is a lightning rod for many people here, LOL.

@Sirzechs

And come to think of it, John Stewart did say that he's going to be on Earth if an invasion happens from the Godhead crossover or something similar to that. So maybe that was a hint.

I heard about Geoff Johns reading about Mister Miracle a while back and there were speculations that Mister Miracle will be a part of the Darkseid War, so it seems likely. He's doing the same as far as reading goes for Wonder Woman too (including John Stewart). I just don't think one of DC's most popular and well known writer would risk their public image to kill off a popular minority character in his own book.

It's good news to see new characters being created. It would be cool to see more diverse characters (Hispanic, Asian, Black etc) that kept their metahuman DNA from the Amazo virus.
    He won't die I don't see that happening at all, regarding Jessica's ring either Volthoom will be expelled and she's made an honorary member of the corps like Alan was pre-flashpoint or she get a new Earth 0 ring but none of the Earth Lanterns will be killed so she can get a ring.
    Yeah I think 3% of the earth population Is great for new characters,its basically like Marvel's mutants now.

@Sirzechs

And come to think of it, John Stewart did say that he's going to be on Earth if an invasion happens from the Godhead crossover or something similar to that. So maybe that was a hint.
    Could be true.
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

The simple fact is even with the Green Lantern movie not being a hit more people still saw that than ever watched the Justice League cartoon that stared John as Green Lantern. A lot more people. So that whole arguement does not hold water one bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    The simple fact is even with the Green Lantern movie not being a hit more people still saw that than ever watched the Justice League cartoon that stared John as Green Lantern. A lot more people. So that whole arguement does not hold water one bit.
    Hal in the Lego Movie kind of reflected that.
    I have no beef with Vegans

Astonishing Member

Whatever the case may be, John Stewart was handled abhorrently during the Geoff Johns era of the Green Lantern franchise. If John becomes a regular in the Justice League title, then I hope Johns makes up for that if he truly does have a fondness for the character.
    in fairness; johns' wonder woman has gone from psycho barbarian to something close to her old self since FE; and it would appear the absence of certain backseat drivers means less generic space-conqueror stuff from the 4th world characters; so its possible sufficient research (and odds are JL is the one book WB is keeping a direct eye on) should enable johns to make with the good characterizing.

i'll admit i have no qualms with him constantly subverting the batgod though.