Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Mike Mignola Discusses the Impending End of "Hellboy"

Mignola spoke at ECCC about everything currently happening across the Mignolaverse titles, and spoke frankly about the upcoming end of Hellboy's story.

Full article here.

I don't want Hellboy in Hell to end.

Spectacular Member

So that looks like the cover to Hellboy in Hell #7, I guess. Any chances we might get a release date for it soon? Also, does Baltimore take place in Hellboy's world? I've always been a bit unclear on that.

Incredible Member

#7 was announced for August and #8 for September.

What I'm wondering is whether Mignola has decided to cut the Hellboy in Hell run short (it was suppposed to be 4 TPBs worth of material, maybe 5 it was unclear so 20-25 issues altogether) or if he really thinks he can crank out more issues in the coming years. i mean, if he keeps up the 1-2 issues per year thing then we still have a good 6 years to go..at least.

Nooooooooo!!!!!!!!! Please, doonnnnnn'ttttt!!!
    "I'm not seeking penance for what I've done, Father. I'm asking for forgiveness... for what I'm about to do." -Matt Murdock

Click a link below and follow me ->
    YouTube Facebook Twitter Instagram photobucket MoviePilot

He said there was about 4 TPBs worth of story he had to tell, then he could just do whatever after that. I was really looking forward to the "whatever" period. Just Hellboy wandering around.

Wow, the idea of Hellboy ending surprises me greatly more than any comic book news I've heard in a long time! I hope he will still be around for a few more years.

All-New Member

I have no inside info but I'd be pretty shocked if Mike and co. wrap up Hellboy's story sooner than, say, 7 years from now. And probably it'll be longer than that. The word "impending" in the article title seems a bit misleading compared to what the creators are actually saying.

Well they have talked about nearing an end with BPRD, too. And, even if In Hell ended, there's still 1953 and on. Also the speed at which Mike is drawing these days, those 4 or so TPBs will still take a while to finish.

Hey guys relax...it's happening but not for a while...and Dave Wire...Baltimore is not part of the HB world...and Joker...it's not these days...Mike has always been slow...
    Best
    CBM

Oh, I just meant taking the time to do the work how he wants, how he wants, instead of working on a deadline. Which is a model I fully support.

Very inspiring both as inspired-seeming panel information to be hearing.

Plus I love the upcoming Hellboy In Hell cover, like all 'How you like them apples?'

With Hellboy seemingly as if he'd have been already feelin' it, going 'Aw Crap...' once more.

As if 'doom' would really be meaning it? And nothing says it like a (golden) Apple of Discord for feeling it? To the bones?

Makes me want to read back on some of Sir Edward Grey's more existential Hecate-cursed type fatalist snakey darkly input, in Hellboy In Hell, but also before that, in many-a Hellboy tale, occasionally as an epilogue in the collected editions, or either even as special bits like for example to BPRD: King of Fear. Pretty much all of it keeps on making me read and re-read.

Cool beans for sure.
    Last edited by Kees_L; 04-03-2015 at 11:14 AM.
    SLINT / Mike Mignola / Walt Whitman / Arthur Lourié / Dr. Pepper

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Holy, misleading article titles Batman! I was really taken aback at first but it seems we have a lot of story left to read.

Resistance Is Fertile Junior Wormwood's Avatar

They've been saying they have an end in sight for some time now. This isn't exactly news, but it does indeed feel like the vision of that ending is now much clearer. I personally am really excited about it. All the best stories have a decisive ending.

And that next issue would make such an incredible poster/large print. Just stunning.

As others have said, Mignola said the ending "isn't right around the corner". I'd expect another several years before we have a definitive ending, which is fine by me!
    Epic things: "TOPANGA" (GHA), Jaxson & Zefferson (PRO), Lucas (SHEL)