View Poll Results: Which version(s) of Generation X would you like to see in Secret Wars?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Earth-616 (the original Generation X)

37 80.43%
  • Age of Apocalypse (Generation Next)

19 41.30%
  • Age of X (Gaze into the face of "$%&# you!")

6 13.04%
  • A-Force

2 4.35%
  • Civil War

2 4.35%
  • E Is For Extinction

5 10.87%
  • Giant Sized Little Marvel: AvX

2 4.35%
  • House of M

5 10.87%
  • Inferno

3 6.52%
  • Marvel Zombies (a.k.a. the "zombies are cool" option)

3 6.52%
  • Ultimate Universe

2 4.35%
  • X-Men '92

5 10.87%
  • X-Tinction Agenda

3 6.52%
  • Years of Future Past

2 4.35%
  • Other (please specify)

2 4.35%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Cool Happy Generation X Month! (2015)

http://blithefool.deviantart.com/art...Cake-391507307

Welcome to April 2015, the very last Generation X Month before Secret Wars hits in May!

Apparently, we missed last year, the 20th Anniversary of Generation X (and by all accounts, so did Marvel), but with this thread at least we get to celebrate the 21st Anniversary of Generation X -- as in, if it was a person, this franchise would now be old enough to drink. ;D

Because of the incoming Final Incursion, I thought we could talk about how we'd want Generation X to fit into the mega-event called Secret Wars. I didn't include "Last Days of Generation X" as a poll option, but that's a totally valid choice, as well.

Here are some links for reference:
    Secret Wars: Battleworld Checklist
    Secret Wars: Warzones! Checklist
    Every Secret Wars title announced so far
    Generation X Appreciation Thread (it also notes the past years Gen X Month was celebrated)

I only had 15 poll options, but the two that very nearly made the list were 1602 (bring on the witches!) and Runaways ('cos it's also a teen franchise, so why not?).

I included Age of X on the basis of the Age of X version of Magneto appearing in the Secret Wars series Red Skull and because it's the last Marvel event I actually liked.

Personally, I think either X-Men '92, A-Force, or Age of X versions of Generation X would be the coolest to see. Age of X, if I had my way, would combine the talents of Si Spurrier (writer) and Russell Dauterman (artist).

Please share your ideas for GenX-themed Secret Wars series -- as many as you want -- below & discuss with wild abandon. And lots of Sugar Bombs cereal. ...And possibly sugar-rush-induced wild abandon.

Happy Generation X Month, everybody! Welcome to the last hurrah of the Earth-616 Marvel Universe!

Chamber and Husk by Russell Dauterman

Age of X as written by Si Spurrier
    Last edited by Starleafgirl; 04-02-2015 at 12:54 PM.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Chamber is such a cool character to have in any team. these writers need to wake up and use him more. At least Jubilee and M are getting some love, Husk and Hollow are still alive and the M twins. just saying they can be used for a storyline not just as wallpaper.
    The dream is dead, so wake up and fight!

Thanks for posting Starleafgirl dear! We really do need a Secret Wars Gen. X spin-off book (Much better than most of these other books we are actually getting)

I also need to see the return of Cordelia Frost, Gaia, and Claudette and Nicole St. Croix back!

Also one of my favorite Gen. X covers all time:

Generation_X67.jpg

my babies!!!

I voted for 616 Gen X b/c it could be the last time we see them! (((sooob))))

but if I had to choose an alt version Id love to see an X-Men 92 reintroduction of the team. I would change things a bit like have Chamber in the initial team and not kill off Blink. Monet and Penance are 2 separate individuals. No Mondo clone.

Wouldn't '92 just be Jubes and Penance?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkgreed View Post
    Chamber is such a cool character to have in any team. these writers need to wake up and use him more. At least Jubilee and M are getting some love, Husk and Hollow are still alive and the M twins. just saying they can be used for a storyline not just as wallpaper.
    So true! Chamber needs to be used more -- and used well.

Always glad to see Jubes and M getting some love. Now Husk and Hollow need to join them, at least in occasional cameo roles bigger than wallpaper.

Heck, even the M Twins would make a good addition to an X-Men book that has Monet in its cast, especially if it's set at a school. They've gotta be in their early teens by now, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Thanks for posting Starleafgirl dear! We really do need a Secret Wars Gen. X spin-off book (Much better than most of these other books we are actually getting)

I also need to see the return of Cordelia Frost, Gaia, and Claudette and Nicole St. Croix back!

Also one of my favorite Gen. X covers all time:
    http://media.emmafrostfiles.com/imag...ation_x_45.jpg
    You're welcome; glad to have this opportunity to celebrate it maybe just one last time. ^_^ Wonder what situation we'll be in this time next year, lol.

Gen X had the best supporting characters too, that's true. ;D I wonder if Gaia could sort out this whole Battleworld mess all by herself, considering her reality-warping powers, lol.

Great cover. :-) Love your new forum avatar, too.

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
    Generation_X67.jpg

my babies!!!

but if I had to choose an alt version Id love to see an X-Men 92 reintroduction of the team. I would change things a bit like have Chamber in the initial team and not kill off Blink. Monet and Penance are 2 separate individuals. No Mondo clone.
    D'awwww. </3

I agree & I like a lot of your changes. X-Men '92 would be the perfect place to reintroduce the team without the nonsense of later issues.

It might be more interesting if Blink did "die" (supposedly) just like before, only to pop up later on in the Generation X series and bring interdimensional trouble with her, with the story arc ending in her joining the team. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Wouldn't '92 just be Jubes and Penance?
    Why would that be? I know Jubes and Penny were best buds in the Gen X era, but the other Gen X kids could be reintroduced, too.

Guess it could be more interesting if the X-Men '92 team had to go to war-torn Eastern Europe to stop a threat and they befriend Penny while they're there. :-) Then introduce the rest of Gen X a few issues later. ;D

... *shakes head and sighs* My version of X-Men '92 would be VERY GenX-heavy, hah.

It could have a spin-off series: "X-Men '92: Generation X" ... "X-Men '92: The Next Generation" ... "X-Men '92: Generations" ... "X-Men '92: Academy X"

==========
    Meanwhile, in the Age of X universe...

It's always the quiet moments that are the most beautifully tragic.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
    Generation_X67.jpg

my babies!!!

Those poor unfortunate souls...

No respect I tell ya...no respect...:-(

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    Why would that be? I know Jubes and Penny were best buds in the Gen X era, but the other Gen X kids could be reintroduced, too.

Guess it could be more interesting if the X-Men '92 team had to go to war-torn Eastern Europe to stop a threat and they befriend Penny while they're there. :-) Then introduce the rest of Gen X a few issues later. ;D

... *shakes head and sighs* My version of X-Men '92 would be VERY GenX-heavy, hah.

It could have a spin-off series: "X-Men '92: Generation X" ... "X-Men '92: The Next Generation" ... "X-Men '92: Generations" ... "X-Men '92: Academy X"
    Still feels like it needs more GenX....;-)

==========Meanwhile, in the Age of X universe...

It's always the quiet moments that are the most beautifully tragic.
    Thanks for posting this Starleaf. I've never seen these pages. I kinda like that after Ange's death (still total BS), Jono and Jubes kinda stepped into each other's buddies role or at least they did during the whole New Warriors era. For some reason these two work as characters in an odd buddy movie ( Jono and Ange had that as well :-( ).

Why is it so difficult for Marvel just to give us one tiny scene with Penny, Jono, Paige, Monet and Jubes having a conversation? Kitty and Rachel got chinese..

Does GenX just ignore each other at JGS? What happened to team horror movie nights? Or a good game of traditional GenX Scrabble?
    Last edited by Beezzi; 04-02-2015 at 06:18 PM.

Happy Gen X month to you too!

Would love to see House of M version! Of course I love Generation Next. I'm a huge fan but I could see a really cool version of not only M but the St.Croix family happening in House of M.

know-it-all.jpg

BANNED

616 definitely, especially Hollow/Penance

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post

That is the most beautiful Penance I've seen outside of Bachalo's original run. Wada is amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    That is the most beautiful Penance I've seen outside of Bachalo's original run. Wada is amazing.

Indeed. Wada really draws well.

Anyway. Hollow's first appearance

Last edited by RLAAMJR.; 04-02-2015 at 11:48 PM.

BANNED

Hollow by Leonard Kirk

Hollow

Hollow and Storm

The others hadn't activated their mutant powers yet. and only Westchester is transported too battleworld, the rest of that earth is destroyed, presumably. Really, 92 is just Jubilee and Banshee.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

I voted for the 616 version, because it ended to short for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Beezzi View Post
    Still feels like it needs more GenX....;-)
    Haha. I feel like that's true of all comics. ;D

Thanks for posting this Starleaf. I've never seen these pages. I kinda like that after Ange's death (still total BS), Jono and Jubes kinda stepped into each other's buddies role or at least they did during the whole New Warriors era. For some reason these two work as characters in an odd buddy movie ( Jono and Ange had that as well :-( ).
    Yes, it's definitely still total BS... but I like the way Jono and Jubes became friends like that, afterward.

http://blithefool.deviantart.com/art/Scars-385076343

Still...

Never seen Age of X Chamber & Jubilee on guard duty at the wall? That's a shame, they had a couple of nice pages together there, though I wish there'd been more. I think out of the two of them, Jubilee got to guest-star in panels more.

And another: clicky!

Husk, meanwhile, had her own great side story in Age of X. Between what we saw here and in Generation Next, I think we can conclude that Husk really becomes hardened -- and not just on the outside -- when it comes to dystopian futures. She's such a secret badass, which makes it such a shame what Jason Aaron did to her. ^_^;; (Yes, she was starting to crack before that, but at that point it was implied it was PTSD due to Age of X, not whatever nonsense explanation Aaron came up with... if he even bothered to explain it at all. I think his explanation was "it's just an aspect of her powers" lol.)

But anyway, I don't want to turn this topic into a gripe-a-lot-about-Marvel's-treatment-of-Gen-X topic, so I'll just say:

Chamber, Jubilee, and Husk -- just three of the reasons I'd love to see an Age of X "Generation X" team!

Does GenX just ignore each other at JGS? What happened to team horror movie nights? Or a good game of traditional GenX Scrabble?
    I know, right? Seriously! Every Friday, the former GenXers should introduce a Scrabble / Pizza / Horror Movie night to the students. Sure, they'll be called lame and out of date and "so not with it," but it's important to broaden the horizons of young mutants' minds while simultaneously scaring the stuffing out of them. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post
    Happy Gen X month to you too!

Would love to see House of M version! Of course I love Generation Next. I'm a huge fan but I could see a really cool version of not only M but the St.Croix family happening in House of M.

know-it-all.jpg
    Happy Gen X month! Nice to see you here. :-)

Re: House of M:

Oh gosh, yeah.

I mean, the St. Croix clan could be a rival royal family with diplomatic relations with the House of M and everything. ;D They've certainly got enough family drama for it. :-X

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I feel the same way. <3

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    The others hadn't activated their mutant powers yet. and only Westchester is transported too battleworld, the rest of that earth is destroyed, presumably. Really, 92 is just Jubilee and Banshee.
    Ahh, I see! That's a good point. :-)

But really, if it was just Westchester, would there still be a Baron Kelly with his Clear Mountain Project and "mutant rehabilitation" and all that?

I kind of wonder if there's more than just Westchester in that particular slice of Battleworld. Maybe it just got named Westchester.

You bring up a good point, though: It feels a little limiting that only a specific part of each reality survived. For instance, if they wanted to write an X-Men '92 story in a European or African part of that reality.

...Ah well, I guess they'd just substitute in High Avalon or Egyptia, etc. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    I voted for the 616 version, because it ended to short for me.
    It was too short for me, too. :-/ Even though 75 issues (+specials, etc.) is a lot by today's standards. Which again, makes it so baffling that they'd treat Generation X this poorly in subsequent years.
    Prεtty Pεnny