Super Moderator

Default REVIEW: Gotham Academy: Endgame, #1

Confronted with the directive to provide a tie-in to "Batman," "Gotham Academy: Endgame" #1 goes the "tell ghost stories" route, but Becky Cloonan, Brenden Fletcher and a host of artists give it a distinctly Gotham vibe.

Full review here.

It was actually a pretty nice kind of anthology of horror stories, the second one was particularly good
    Last edited by Arnoldoaad; 04-04-2015 at 09:51 PM. Reason: spelling, what is that?

Haven't read any of gotham academy and just kinda picked this up not expecting that much, just wanting to complete my set of endgame tie ins. I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed it.

I have to agree. The second horror story was great, the joker would have liked it.
    Learning more about Olives mum was nice too. All in all the endgame had more story than I thought it would have.

Waiting to Take Over... Charles J. Baserap's Avatar

This was really fun, definitely the best of the Endgame one shots and miles above that horrendously trite Batgirl one that people can't seem to stop raving about because it's Batgirl, ignoring the 2 seconds it took to read a saccharine "story" that would put a diabetic down. This book has been consistently fun from day one and this issue kept the spirit alive and was smart to not try and shoehorn any real action on the part of the main students where it wouldn't have fit. They easily could have gone the slasher movie type route with them on the run through the school grounds and wisely chose a much more grounded and enjoyable tale.

Fantastic Member

CBR has incorrectly credited the writers here. Cloonan and Fletcher did not write the three Joker stories, they wrote the frame story while each of the Joker stories were written by the same creators who drew them. How do I know this? Because the issue credits, with a creator breakdown, are on the final page of the book! Get your facts straight, even when handing out praise, CBR.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

This was on of the best comics I've read in a while!

I love anthology stories, so I dug this one and also how it used a different art style for each story. My favorite was the one about the kid's reflection that followed him everywhere. Very creepy.
    My Blog | Tumblr
    * Original Join Date: September 2010