Default Favorite Runs by Co-Author (Writer)

If the pace of "Favorite Runs By...." threads continue, this place will suffer from over saturation of threads ready to die and pass, then new members might come in and take turn in starting new threads appreciating work of same writer or artist

I think people like Jack Kirby, Stan Lee, and Steve Ditko deserve their own threads (or one thread exclusive for those three) for the massive role they had on comics, both on influence and in the number of characters they created and franchises they started, by either being creator or co-creator

This is a good place to discuss favorite runs for each writer(s), what made each run good, and better or more enjoyable than other runs, favorite issue(s) or arc(s) in each run, character or type of characters the writer did his/her best work on, best or favorite artist to work with the writer, and runner ups. If the writer also did the artwork for the issues then this is the place to talk about it

You can state favorite runs by different writers in one post, but I hope you limit it to three writers at most, makes the post easier to follow and fully sit through

I'll start what I think with Doug Moench, from his work I read his Batman, Moon Knight, and some of what his work on both Hulk in Rampaging Hulk Magazine, and Werewolf By Night. My favorite run of his is Moon Knight, being his creator it was easier for him to handle the character, and made a great job handling the stories and characterization of Moon Knight and the characters around him, his foundation to build on, he did a most commendable job on it
    Bill Sienkiewecz is probably my favorite artist to collaborate with Doug, he helped build stories of Moon Knight and the surroundings, co-created the foundation, and did a wonderful job on the art
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Oke, I'll bite. I'll start with a fairly underrated writer, Cullen Bunn. I liked his Venom (not as good as Remender's but good non the less) and his Sinestro is really looking good. But his best run is definitely the still going Sixth gun. It's just soooooo good. Amazing fast paced stories with an ongoing plot weaved into all other stories. It's like watching Lord of the rings set in the Wild west with guns
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Roger Stern's Doctor Strange. He really brought things to a new perspective. Great balance of mysticism and down-to-earth mortality.
    John Byrne's Fantastic Four. Perfect chemistry. Lightning in a bottle. Really wish he could do that again.
    Giffen/DeMatteis JLI/JLE. When superheroes became "more human than human" for me. It was like a familiar family.