Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: All-New Hawkeye, #2

• Arrows over Bed-Stuy! Intrigue at the circus! The past and present merge as Hawkeyes Barton and Bishop race against time to save a group of innocent kids, with devastating powers.

Full article here.

Marvel should have a Kevin Wada variant month.

BANNED

the book is whatever, totally post-Fraction/Aja hardcore fans only, the magic is lost Iron Fist era comics, but dat Kevin Wada cover tho

I haven't read the first, but was thinking about getting into this series. I liked Jeff Lemires work on Green Arrow a lot. I'm a GA fan, so was thinking of giving this a go. I'm new to comics, so I really don't know the Hawkeye back story.

Quote Originally Posted by ViewtifulJC View Post
    the book is whatever, totally post-Fraction/Aja hardcore fans only, the magic is lost Iron Fist era comics, but dat Kevin Wada cover tho
    Agree with you here. Hawkeye's not been nearly as good since "Little Hits".

Just noticed while reading it that the recap page has Kate's last name as Barton instead of Bishop, and that's also there on the preview.

I keep on enjoying the flashback scenes, it's definitely the superior aspect of the new series even if the coloring might be going a bit too far with the water color effects. But I love seeing more of Clint and Barney's childhood, their time in the circus should be fun. And Swordsman sure stole the show here.

I was a little put out by the present day plot, though. Clint's fight with the HYDRA guy was good, but I'm just not interested in this creepy mutant kids thing at all. Can't Clint just fight some dub HYDRA guns and call it a day?

BANNED

this was a good issue, happy that this didn't dragged out forever.

I'm loving this new arc. I can;t wait for traveling circus antics, and to inevitably see the carnies return in present day as villains.

i'm always happy to see one of my favorite C/D list heroes show up...Swordsman.