Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I get the rating validation angle, if a horror movie comes out PG-13 it's not going to be good.

The fine line between PG-13 & R will come down to number of swears, explicit violence/gore & the occasional boob.
    But it probably won't be a drastic difference in revenue by being rated one over the other.

My Deadpool knowledge isn't the best since I only read the 2008 series for about 2 years and then saw him when he popped up in other series like Uncanny X-Force, but given by what I know about him it feels like an R rating would allow for more freedom and all out craziness to happen. Even if the movie is rated R kids will still see it. We all know kids play M rated games and if a parent isn't going to let their kid see an R rated movie but play an M rated game well that is on them for being incredibly stupid. I don't think Deadpool is one of those movies that needs to pander to everyone.
    I love the New 52. I love the dark and grittiness of it and find that is what makes the most enjoyable superhero stories. At the same time I find All Star Superman to be the most depressing Superman story I have ever read. Yeah I'm weird.

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wessex View Post
    I hate to be 'that guy', but Blade 1 and 2 were 18s and Trinity is a 15. Batman was a 12 at the cinema and a 15 on video. Batman '89 actually caused the 12 to be introduced, so that more kids could see it than if it was a 15, like how Spider-Man caused it to become the 12A (advisory) at cinemas, so that kids under 12 could see it if their parents were OK with that. The Dark Knight movies are all rated 12.
    Should have Googled rather than relying on memory. I swear there was a controversy surrounding The Dark Knight's rating at the time.
    Films blog / Books blog / Comics blog / Tumblr / Twitter / Flickr / Photobucket / Dailymotion / YouTube
    My BFI Film Academy short film Hold-Out
    Review column on Doctor Who fansite kasterborous.com
    CBR's LGBT Community

Amazing Member

Two things that may or may not be relevant.

1) They tried to give Tank Girl some depth and drama for her movie, and it sucked. (Came out as a bad Mad Max, when it should have been Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

2) I find South Park funnier when the 'bleeps' are left in.