Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Justice League: Gods and Monsters

I read this blurb over at Toonzone. I've been reading those forums for more than a decade, so I have no reason to believe this is bunk:

spoilers:
    I've just seen the sneak peek for Justice League: Gods & Monsters, which has been pitched as ''Bruce Timm... left to his own devices''.

Surprisingly, this is the first Sneak peek which didn't reveal who was voicing the characters. I honestly couldn't place the voices myself... I want to say it's Ty Burrell doing Batman, but I'm probably WAY off base.

Some info:

The movie presents us with a very different ''TRINITY'' than the one we are used to:

- This SUPERMAN is the son of Zod, raised on earth by a migrant couple. He is direct, violent and potentially very unstable.

- BATMAN is almost a straight-up vampire. He is, in fact, Kirk Langstrom in this version, who after trying to cure his cancer with (inter-alia) BAT-VENOM, has retreated up into a mountainside home. Although he ''feeds'' on criminals, he has decided to help the innocent.

- WONDER WOMAN is (maybe?) Orion's wife in this version, with a large connection to Darkseid and Apokolips. They didn't delve too much into her backstory.

- LEX LUTHOR is sort of the ''Stephen Hawking'' of this universe. He has many physical issues and winds up in a wheelchair. A ''Demi-god'' who only descends upon the humans when he feels like it.

This is clearly a very different, very dark world, but Timm did claim that he wanted it to be as realistic as possible (outside of the JL Tower). As the movie opens, scientists (Victor Fries, William Magnus, Silas Stone, etc.) are being killed and the blame is placed on our dark heroes.

The design work by Bruce Timm/Shane Glines is nothing short of spectacular and I have to say, a big improvement over the recent Phil Bourassa models. It's the Timm look, so it doesn't break the mold, but it looks great all the same.

It doesn't offer anything new about the crew: Timm is the producer/character designer; Sam Liu is the director and Alan Burnett is in charge of the screenplay.

Release date: Summer 2015 (obviously).

Batman looks particularly cool. No cape, with red lenses/goggles. Very different.

Wonder Woman actually looks like Maxima from that old Superman: TAS episode 'Warrior Queen'. Superman is basically a guy in a trenchcoat with a goatee.
    end of spoilers

Is Timm purposely trying to please me?
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    Is Timm purposely trying to please me?
    What about this sounds better than JLU to you?

BANNED

This sounds awful imo. But hey, this is Bruce Timm, everyone's lord and savior. /sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Maybe he just wanted an Elseworld that really differs from the usual DC stuff? Most of what we get haven't been as Elseworlds-y, except maybe New Frontier, which is just 50s/60s red scare era JL. I'm up for a radical Elseworld thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Better ? no i never said it was better granted I don't even thing JLU is as great as people make it out to be but this is different from what we usually get, I like different takes on the DCU.
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
    This sounds awful imo. But hey, this is Bruce Timm, everyone's lord and savior. /sarcasm
    he did the best animated series from the lat 20 years. he is one of the best guys on animation. Timm, giancarlo volpe, bryke, weisman, deserve all respect

At least this is supposed to be really dark and different.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
    Haha..yes

That aside..I do like the sound of this. I love multiple iterations of the DC Universe; and I don't have any attachment to any particular version of any character..so, let's see how this goes
    Last edited by Triple J; 04-03-2015 at 01:10 PM.
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

I don't mind the idea of an else world's type story but I am a little disappointed since I thought Bruce would be working on the original team again.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Ehh. This does not sound appealing at all. But never judge a book by it's cover!
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

An Apokoliptian Wonder Woman? I didn't want to see Bruce Timm writing Diana again under any circumstances, but this is even more repulsive than his usual attempts at Wonder Woman.

Violent Superman? Yeah, because we need to see more of THAT.

Vampire Batman? Eh. Fits his themes, at least.

But, I wasn't interested in this movie from the jump. This just reinforces my stance.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

I'm interested, but I expected/wanted something... different.

This sounds weird...

spoilers:
    I hope this movie produces lots of gifs of DC superheroes killing people.
    end of spoilers
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    An Apokoliptian Wonder Woman? I didn't want to see Bruce Timm writing Diana again under any circumstances, but this is even more repulsive than his usual attempts at Wonder Woman.

Violent Superman? Yeah, because we need to see more of THAT.

Vampire Batman? Eh. Fits his themes, at least.

But, I wasn't interested in this movie from the jump. This just reinforces my stance.
    Judging by the pictures these characters might not even have the same civilian names as the Trinity. Superman is said to be the son of Zod and this Wonder Woman has red hair instead of black.