Page 1 of 36 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Where do we go from here with the Wally West of the new 52 ?

I gave up on the Flash of the new 52. Especially after they made Wally West, the man that surpassed his mentor and became his own hero and had his own family, BLACK FOR THE SAKE OF DIVERSITY.

As an African American myself, I find this a bit insulting in a way. I mean DC could've made a brand new character instead of taking an established character and changing his race and skin tone for profit.

However, I'm not going to go further into a fit over a fictional character. D has made their bed and are going to try to sleep in it over this situation.

I am here to ask you all where do we go from here with the new BLACK Wally West ?

I mean does anyone expect him to join the Teen Titans, since they're down a speedster ?

Or make occasional Appearances in other DC New 52 titles Post Convergence ?

Honestly, where do we go from here with the new BLACK Wally West ?

I think new 52 Wally West should get a new codename like : Lightning, Thunderbolt, etc. New 52 Wally West can be in a Titans team.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I'm still in fit mode and hoping DC corrects this and other mistakes in the New 52. Wally is one big reason why the DCnU is inferior to the pre-FP DCU IMHO.

To correct all this, DC can feel free to simply retcon, use Reverse-Flash, use Convergence, use the multiverse, etc...whatever it takes basically.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

I'm black and i honestly feel they should rectconn it and intro black wally as a new character/ speedster i mean it's not like they are using anyone else in the flash family and even batman got a awesome black robin. They should just stick to wally's character trait heck make new 52 wally more like the one in young justice too. The angry teen vibe ain't for him to be honest.

Astonishing Member

i'd say at the least, that if they were going to do it because the CW wests were black; they should probably have waited till the show got to wally; then shamelessly hop on the bandwagon

or; you know, have held off on racebending until the next reboot after the CW-verse (i add this later part because, be it in a year or a decade; someone whose just a reader now is going to draw on the other media when its their turn to remake everything in their vision, and their vision alone; vs the guys who are still primarily comics fans)

or, you know, not do it.
    Last edited by king of hybrids; 04-03-2015 at 12:39 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I'm still in fit mode and hoping DC corrects this and other mistakes in the New 52. Wally is one big reason why the DCnU is inferior to the pre-FP DCU IMHO.

To correct all this, DC can feel free to simply retcon, use Reverse-Flash, use Convergence, use the multiverse, etc...whatever it takes basically.
    just make the black Wally, a new character and come with the classic wally west from it. Instead of one character that has nothing to do with original wally, we will have the old wally and a new poc character

I say let him live his life like the pre-New 52 Wally. Have him get married and start a family. Let him eventually become the Flash.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

I'm not a fan of the new Wally. A lot of people here will say you're racist or whatever for disagreeing with DC making Wally a different race just for the heck of it. I don't think that's it at all.

Wally was an established character pre-new 52. Not only that but he was a MAJOR character for decades. You can't take a well known and liked character who has been around for so long and alter him so severely as to be nothing at all resembling in any way from the character everyone already knows, and expect it to be successful.

I have no problem with minority characters. But make NEW characters. The new Wally West has nothing in common with the old Wally. It's like a brand new character. So....why not have given him a completely new name? You could even have him obtain speed force powers and become the new Kid Flash and that'd be fine.

The objection is in the name. This new kid should not be Wally.

1) What has this character done since his appearance in the New 52?

2) Do they call him Kid Flash or does he have another name?
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

BANNED

At this point who cares? We had Wally for years and years why do we have to obsess over what came "first". We should just accept the new Wally and enjoy the old Wally I mean if Barry's the Flash and Bart is KF who cares at this point?

To simplify the characters, I prefer to do a retcon or reboot so all the West family are african americans : Iris West, Daniel West, Wally West, etc. The descendants of Barry and Iris will include Bart and XS.
    Last edited by colonyofcells; 04-03-2015 at 01:21 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mr_crisp View Post
    1) What has this character done since his appearance in the New 52?

2) Do they call him Kid Flash or does he have another name?
    New 52 Wally has only appeared in future timelines and has not been important to the Flash series at all.

BANNED

I'm curious to see where they take him, even though I dislike Wally West. I'm not really bothered by skin color, to me that's a minor issue. I rather worry about how a character can grow.
    Last edited by Starchild; 04-03-2015 at 01:25 PM.

The comic book Wally West can also copy more good ideas from the TV Wally West.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
    I'm curious to see where they take him, even though I dislike Wally West. I'm not really bothered by skin color, to me that's a minor issue. I rather worry about how a character can grow.
    (beside the dislike for Wally West) Agreed.
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52