Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

It's dead end with that character, even he writers dropped him from the story he was supposed to be important and killed him like throwing a garbage. First impressions are everything in this medium and Venditti dropped a huge ball here. Only internet critics who suck up to get support from market can give positive reviews to this mess.

My take would be introducing the REAL Wally from an alternative universe/dimension or big brother to current one who was lost. This would make this kid a new character and let him go on his own way. Because if your name is Wally West, expectations will be big and you can't deliver it at age 12.

I'm afraid that's what the plan was in the first place. With this Wally will never be Flash again besides a quick gimmick once a month and he won't be able to hold his own book. He lost all his importance in DCU so he doesn't hold a threat against Barry's reign as Flash anymore.

I wouldn't be surprised if 10 years from now on Wally West would be completely forgotten and stuck at depths of limbo. Poor guy.

Flash is not popular enough to support 2 titles so Barry probably does not really need other speedsters like Wally and Kidflash. The Tv show is doing just fine without Wally.

Quote Originally Posted by colonyofcells View Post
    Flash is not popular enough to support 2 titles so Barry probably does not really need other speedsters like Wally and Kidflash. The Tv show is doing just fine without Wally.
    The TV show about a guy learning how to use his powers, with an actor with reddish hair and green eyes, raised by the West family, and dating Linda Park? Yup, the show IS doing just fine without Wally.
    I have no beef with Vegans

The Flash supported two titles back in day. Wally West is a strong name who held his title for years as well.

Barry is in dire need of supporting cast, that's why TV show is working and the book is failing.

Quote Originally Posted by upgrayedd View Post
    The TV show about a guy learning how to use his powers, with an actor with reddish hair and green eyes, raised by the West family, and dating Linda Park? Yup, the show IS doing just fine without Wally.
    Yeah I don't think you want to imply that TV Barry is Wally, also its Brown not Reddish, there's no Linda anymore either.
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

BANNED

DC wanted wally to be in no way a threat to Barry being the flash,and let's be real here wally is light years ahead of Barry in abilities.

I like miles morales,and Val Zod,those might be the most notable new black or mixed race characters,this new wally is a thief,hhe took another great characters name,bbut none of his personality or history,tthat is the very definition of thief.

Loyalty to a long standing character is not a bad thing,disregarding all that just to make the PC or SJW crowd happy says a lot more about u

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    Yeah I don't think you want to imply that TV Barry is Wally, also its Brown not Reddish, there's no Linda anymore either.
    Can't say that I would want to imply that, what is inferred is beyond my control. Linda is gone? I am a couple episodes behind, it is a great show! I also like how this Flash's Zoom started off in a wheel chair on the first episode.

They should reveal Wally isn't his real name and give this character a brand new identity and mold this 12 year old into the new Kid Flash. Then have the real Wally be a college student somewhere and reintroduce him that way. It's the only way to really salvage both characters I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    They should reveal Wally isn't his real name and give this character a brand new identity and mold this 12 year old into the new Kid Flash. Then have the real Wally be a college student somewhere and reintroduce him that way. It's the only way to really salvage both characters I think.
    like Willy West?

like Willy West?
    Or William. Or maybe Wally is just his middle name and his actual name is like Michael or something. Then have him be the new Kid Flash for the next decade and Wally can be something else. Maybe he is studying science or engineering at the same college Ted Kord is.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Whatever it is that DC has in mind for New 52 Wally, it needs to really get the ball moving. He's been around for a while now, but hardly anything has been done with him.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Can't say that I would want to imply that, what is inferred is beyond my control. Linda is gone? I am a couple episodes behind, it is a great show! I also like how this Flash's Zoom started off in a wheel chair on the first episode.
    Well let's just say this Zoom is more similar to Barry's archenemy than Wally's. Might wanna keep watching

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post

Loyalty to a long standing character is not a bad thing,disregarding all that just to make the PC or SJW crowd happy says a lot more about u
    The PC & SJW did not want a black Wally West. I don't know where you are getting that.

Folks want DC to use the black characters that they HAVE like Vixen, Static, Guardian, Herald, Bumblebee, Jakeem Thunder, Steel and others.

I'm black and I find it offensive what they did to Wally. I mean NO ONE at Dc could come up with a better fate for Wally?

And if this is for that tv show-what happens after it ends?

Does Dc try to push new Wally as the face of black male teen heroes? Which will bring either Duke Thomas or Static into the debate? And Duke has Batgod on his side.

oops sorry I didn't know you were behind I won't say anymore.
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Whatever it is that DC has in mind for New 52 Wally, it needs to really get the ball moving. He's been around for a while now, but hardly anything has been done with him.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Well there is a LONG line of minority and female characters that he can stand behind. Unless Dc brings back to butchering teens in big events again.