Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

I wonder if The Mandarin will be part of the Kung Fuverse?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby Krackle View Post
    Pym is still the inventor of Ultron in "Rage of Ultron" which takes place post-Secret Wars.
    Pity. I like Stark being Ultron's creator and I hope they get around to incorporating that idea into the 616 soon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by _underscore View Post
    Once Marvel has thrown everything in its history at the wall to see what sticks via sales numbers, they'll know what to keep in the new "rebooted-but-not-really" Marvel Universe. Clearly Miles Morales is popular enough to be a lock, but there's no way all the Spider-Chicks survive Secret Wars. Silk, Spider-Gwen, Spider-Girl, Spider-Woman... Marvel is auditioning all of them for a spot in the new universe. Just like they're doing with ALL their B and C listers. (Just a shame that they're clearly pushing for Jeph Loeb's "Sam" Nova to be the official Nova no matter how many people miss the OG Richard Rider. Pays to be close with the people at the top, I suppose.)

I remember fans complaining that there's no way Marvel's going into Secret Wars without knowing who's coming out on the other side... but nowadays, it only takes 2 months turnover between creation and publication. Whatever they have planned for 3 months from now can still be changed, let alone what they have planned for a year or two from now.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
    Spider-Gwen has her own universe, so worries there.

Rage of Ultron makes me glad we haven't seen the last of Wasp after her being taken hostage by Havok in AXIS.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Pity. I like Stark being Ultron's creator and I hope they get around to incorporating that idea into the 616 soon.
    I only like it within the confine of a universe where Stark tech is even more integral to the rise of superhumans (with extremist born ones) and tech villains and heroes ... so basically the Cinematic universe . Within the MU/616 ? Even if still a central figure , it makes no sense to make him the Sun .

Fantastic Member

Well, nowdays the JGS is blown like once a month by some lunatic bigot, and Cyclops' current students almost got gutted by the authorities (the army, the pólice, the marines, SHIELD).
    The JGS is, when you get down to it, a facility that trains child soldiers - it should be no surprise that neither the authorities nor the population are big on it.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Kind of disappointed that the X-men won't be getting their own world to explore. I think there's still this glaring disconnect in the Marvel universe where there are so many superpowered individuals, but only mutants are oppressed. They're really not that different from Inhumans or anyone who got their powers from an accident and/or magic. Yet they're the ones who get attacked by giant robots. Something is missing here and I don't think Marvel has done a good job of addressing it. I doubt they ever will because I don't think there's a way for it to make sense in the Marvel universe anymore. But so long as Marvel doesn't flat out exterminate them to spite Fox, then I think there's still a place for them.
    Well, to be fair, the Inhumans seem to be getting basically the same reaction now that they're not all hidden away in some secret enclave where 'normal' people don't have to worry about them, but are popping up everywhere. A little more with the exploitation than with the unmitigated hate, but still having to deal with not being treated as people by many.

As for other superhumans, certainly Spider-Man and his foes have always dealt with a fair amount of fear and distrust, the Hulk as well of course, the Thing would likely be in the same boat if Reed weren't as genius at PR as everything else, so it varies quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby Krackle View Post
    Pym is still the inventor of Ultron in "Rage of Ultron" which takes place post-Secret Wars.
    Source?

10char

Quote Originally Posted by Kizaru View Post
    Didn't some mutates have mutant kids? is that a side effect of their powers? becase Reed and Sue kids are supposed to be mutants but their parents aren't mutants, so their parent get no hate but the kids might get hate in the future for doing nothing wrong? this is just dumb.
    Most mutants are born to regular folks, though, not mutates or other mutants. So far as we know, the parents of mutants have never come in for much hate, just their kids, except when somebody like the Shi'ar starts worrying about the genetic line that produced particular ones.

It also means that anti-mutant bigots who have kids that haven't hit puberty, or might have kids in the future, are risking being committed to hating their own children if those children turn out to be mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by SidheKnight View Post
    Source?

10char
    Rick Remender, the guy who wrote it.

Quote Originally Posted by SidheKnight View Post
    Source?

10char
    Brevoort and Remender have both stated it's in canon. The second bit comes friend our good friend critical thinking. In Hickman's Avengers books that take place ahead of the rest of the Marvel Universe, Pym is still normal, no Pymtron conversion. Seeing as how have a single month till Secret Wars, Hank would have to undo all that "somewhere" and then go on his Beyonder crusade which he would have to have done months ago (NA/A time). Putting that all together, it's pretty clear that this is all post Secret Wars but vague enough to not tell us anything about the greater Marvel Universe outside of what happens in that comic. Also, Wasp is no longer in containment which right now and during Hickman's books she still is.

And I believe Remender also confirmed it a day or two ago. Saying the story is VERY important to his coming Unanny Avengers arcs.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Okay the X-Men are going to be around after Secret Wars, so all you X-Fans can stop complaining about it.

Hope there's a few more titles for Secret Wars, seems like there's still a number of domains not counted for yet.
    Note - Only survivors would. Emphasis there.

May be a huge X-Culling.

Quote Originally Posted by VJ. View Post
    The JGS is, when you get down to it, a facility that trains child soldiers - it should be no surprise that neither the authorities nor the population are big on it.
    And that's one of the reasons of why im so happy that Kamala is now an Avenger........................................... .......................

And well, given that the JGS is the only safe place that the mutants have, at least, in the US................................................ ...............

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post

May be a huge X-Culling.
    I wonder if this was one of the reasons for the "Magneto is not the father".
    Last edited by dragonmp93; 04-04-2015 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post

May be a huge X-Culling.
    I'm afraid any non-classic characters might be in trouble, since there's so much focus on the by gone era of the X-Men in the Secret Wars tie in books.
    Then again maybe the opposite will happen? That would take some balls.

...I just hope Gambit, X-23, and Pixie make it through, at a bare minimum at least.

spoilers:
    And Sage, but who am I kidding? Only Claremont and Pak seemed to like her.
    end of spoilers

I'm really looking forward to Blackman's Master of Kung Fu. I'm also interested in seeing his altElektra, since she will apparantly be allied with the evil empire here.