Page 73 of 73 FirstFirst ... 23636970717273
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1095

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    Reading recommendations for Marvel Unlimited?
    — Anything by Steve Gerber, Defenders, Man-Thing, Guardians of the Galaxy, even the first nine issues of Marvel 2 in 1, and Legion of Night. It’s all so... strange. And good!
    LOL! You definitely know your Steve Gerber! But, no list of Gerber recommendations would be complete without mentioning...

Howard the Duck

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    Reading recommendations for Marvel Unlimited?
    — Anything by Steve Gerber, Defenders, Man-Thing, Guardians of the Galaxy, even the first nine issues of Marvel 2 in 1, and Legion of Night. It’s all so... strange. And good!
    Four Gerber issues of Sensational She-Hulk are on Unlimited. And that's how Howard met Jen.

https://www.marvel.com/comics/series...lk_1989_-_1994
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I made a thread yesterday about some major news regarding Comixology. It's merging with it's parent, Amazon.
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ng-with-Amazon
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

All-New Member

Hey all! New to the website and marvel comics in general, actually. Would anyone reccomend a good Avengers run thats beginner friendly and takes place after the 2015 Secret Wars event? Preferably but not required to feature the big three (Cap, Tony, Thor)? Thank you all and really hope I haven't accidentally messed up by posting somewhere I shouldn't!

Quote Originally Posted by Sigh8Squid View Post
    Hey all! New to the website and marvel comics in general, actually. Would anyone reccomend a good Avengers run thats beginner friendly and takes place after the 2015 Secret Wars event? Preferably but not required to feature the big three (Cap, Tony, Thor)? Thank you all and really hope I haven't accidentally messed up by posting somewhere I shouldn't!
    Check this out for all the beginner stuff you need: https://www.reddit.com/r/Marvel/wiki/faq/

All-New Member

Thank You!

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sigh8Squid View Post
    There's only been two runs since Secret Wars (technically three but two are by Mark Waid), and tbh they're not great, with Jason Aaron's being downright atrocious IMO. His Avengers title is very much written for children and young readers and it's just a nonstop barrage of throwing the most absurdly gigantic threats at the team (Celestials, the Phoenix, Mephisto, Khonshu, Earth being invaded and nearly conquered/destroyed multiple times, evil Avengers, etc.) which results in there being zero stakes to any of it. It's honestly terrible. Read all of Hickman's run and Bendis' New Avengers if you haven't already.

^^^I know, right?! After Waid's brief run during the '90s, I was looking forward to his takeover. Too bad not too many found it to their liking, though.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    ^^^I know, right?! After Waid's brief run during the '90s, I was looking forward to his takeover. Too bad not too many found it to their liking, though.

If I recall correctly, that original Waid run in the 1990’s was only 3 issues. 400 then 401-402 which were Onslaught tie-ins before Heroes Reborn started. I was happy to see him get The Avengers again post Secret Wars 2015 but generally speaking, the run was not very good.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    If I recall correctly, that original Waid run in the 1990’s was only 3 issues. 400 then 401-402 which were Onslaught tie-ins before Heroes Reborn started.
    No need to worry, you're absolutely correct. For what it's worth, those three issues were most enjoyable (IMHO):

I was happy to see him get The Avengers again post Secret Wars 2015 but generally speaking, the run was not very good.
    Completely understandable. All things considered, I was able to get the ".1" issues & thought they were a fine read...

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheOneManRiot View Post
    There's only been two runs since Secret Wars (technically three but two are by Mark Waid), and tbh they're not great, with Jason Aaron's being downright atrocious IMO. His Avengers title is very much written for children and young readers and it's just a nonstop barrage of throwing the most absurdly gigantic threats at the team (Celestials, the Phoenix, Mephisto, Khonshu, Earth being invaded and nearly conquered/destroyed multiple times, evil Avengers, etc.) which results in there being zero stakes to any of it. It's honestly terrible. Read all of Hickman's run and Bendis' New Avengers if you haven't already.
    Oh! Well, that's a bit of a shame, I was fairly interested in both runs (Aaron's in particular) but they'll be fairly low down on my list of priorities.
    I have read... most of the Bendis run. All the way up to Siege and I do want to continue it. It's fun and the coveted 'Bendis-Speak' didn't bother me that much.
    What scares me about Hickmans run is that it seems so... big and grand and epic and... complicated... and dense... and spotlighting a lot of characters I don't much care for... I just worry that it's too plot-focused and mechanical for my personal tastes. But thank you so much for the suggestions! Can anyone say if Hickman does small character moments well? Apologies for clogging up the forum...

If I recall correctly, that original Waid run in the 1990’s was only 3 issues. 400 then 401-402 which were Onslaught tie-ins before Heroes Reborn started. I was happy to see him get The Avengers again post Secret Wars 2015 but generally speaking, the run was not very good.
    Storywise, I prefered his second (third?) run than his first (second?) with the proto-new Champions. Unfortunately, the art with the proto-new Champions was more to my liking than the one with a more adult team. I can understand Mike Del Mundos's appeal, but I prefer a more traditional penciller for the Avengers. Unfortunately, it was not a long run, with only a couple of story-lines, before it soon got hijacked by events such as the Champions cross-over (with art by Jesus Siaz, which I did like) and the Avengers No Surrender line-wide cross-over (which I actually liked). I feel Waid could have offered more, and I did like the retcon mini-series with art by Kitson, however, post Dissassembled, it's one of the few Avengers runs that I actually enjoyed.

Peace

Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

What do you consider the best Marvel What If issues?

Quote Originally Posted by comicstar100 View Post
    What do you consider the best Marvel What If issues?
    Personally, any of the Humor Issues. They're a tradition, as far as I'm concerned...

All-New Member

Hey all, I am reading via marvel unlimited and I used to read full runs, but I would prefer to be more focused this time. I have been googling around, trying stuff out and usually it doesn't really work, some suggestions of "best runs" just don't seem too appealing. So that's why I am here, hoping a more personal suggestion will be more helpful.

I read most of Hulk - enjoyed Peter David (Vegas part was my favorite) and Ewing (first half was stronger), Pak was not bad as well.
    I read Spider-man from JMS to 2016ish, JMS was not bad at first, everything else I could have done without
    X-men - I read Claremont, skimmed through stuff until Morrison - sadly the art style really bothered me, read astonishing and skipped everything till Krakoa. Claremont's stuff was my favorite of it all.
    Ultimate Spider-man was pretty good, tried some other ultimate universe stuff, but didn't really work for me
    Tried a few Doctor strange, Punisher and silver surfer runs, but except current Punisher and Silver Surfer: Black nothing really worked for me
    Read Fractions Iron-man, Hawkeye and Iron fist, only enjoyed the Hawkeye
    Read most of Daredevil and most of it was pretty good, However I don't like the last arc of Zdarskys run sadly
    Ed Brubaker’s Captain America was good, the run after that was not for me, never came back to captain America after that
    Read all of colors by Tim sale, beautiful but I am not sure if its for me
    Earth X, Old man Logan, etc - alternative dystopic realities are not really my jam, only Peter David's Maestro worked
    Inhumans by Paul Jenkins - not for me
    Marvel 1602 - not for me
    Ewings Venom and X-men stuff - I lover immortal hulk, so was bummed when neither worked for me.
    Tried some Carnage/Symbiote runs and crossovers, but it wasn't for me as well
    Spider-verse's - not for me
    Spider-man's life story - it was fun
    Vision by Tom King - not for me
    Moonknight (2016) - not for me
    Never tried Thor or Avengers, just doesn't seem like something up my alley, but maybe you have a suggestion which could rock my world?
    Tried getting into F4 a few times with Hickman, and while it was ok, it didn't really grip me after the first "solve everything" arc ends.

I am sure I missed something, but any advice is appreciated! Thank you so much!