Page 69 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1959656667686970717273 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1095

Quote Originally Posted by maklelin highbain View Post
    the original run is in my opinion the best run. The title became a lot darker once CW started though these are still entertaining. Personally believe that the original run is one of the best team books marvel has released, it has the feel of old school 70s early 80s team books
    I agree with this. I have the first 50 issues in trade form which includes all of the busiek run and part of the FabNic run I think. First 3 books are under thunderbolts classic And the next two are under Hawkeye and the thunderbolts I think. They read great and are look great on the shelf together as well.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

All-New Member

Hi. I was looking for a Fantastic Four comic. I was on TV Tropes and it mentioned a time when the government barred Reed and Sue from seeing their children and used the Avengers to stop them from visiting? It sounds pretty bad, but I was curious to see how it came to that. Does anyone know the issue(s)?

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...InvisibleWoman

Mama Bear

- The Mighty Thor by Walter Simonson
    - Moon Knight by Jeff Lemire
    - Daredevil by Frank Miller
    - Wolverine by Chris Claremont
    - Doctor Strange : Into Shamballa
    - Hawkeye by Matt Fraction
    - Doctor Strange Sorcerer Supreme
    - Immortal Iron Fist (2006-2009)
    - Defenders (2012-2013)
    - Captain America (2002-2004)

Amazing Member

I like, Carnage, Venom, Deadpool & Spawn.

I also really like the 2099 Universe & Tarot Witch Of The Black Rose.

Looking for anything along those lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Valcrist View Post
    I like, Carnage, Venom, Deadpool & Spawn.

I also really like the 2099 Universe & Tarot Witch Of The Black Rose.

Looking for anything along those lines.
    Gerry Duggan's entire Deadpool run. Remender and Bunn's Venom run.

Here ya go. I'll give you a great way to jump into ANYTHING new that you're interested in might have a DEEP history, or ANY history that might make it more complicated then you would like. WIKIPEDIA. It's a god send, and I've been using it for years. I read a lot of Marvel and a lot of DC. I'm 43, and I've been reading since I was 12 so I'm 30 years deep. Wow, that's the first time I realized I've been reading comics for 3 fucking decades. Anyway, I didn't get into DC for 10 after I started out. I began with Marvel. Spider-man and the X-Men, and it wasn't easy. Wiki helped me out years later. Right now Marvel is awful. Most of the stories and runs are garbage, I only keep reading them because at some time some new writer will come along that takes over a title and he rocks. Right now, I hate just about all of Marvel. Do this tho. It will make the transition to Marvel so much more easier then you would expect. This is how I was able to jump in reading the Avengers and after 40 years of continuity and it made it somewhat easy. Plus the arch I'm about to recommend are some of the best. Marvel for years kept dishing out retelling the origins of the Avengers, Fantastic Four, and the X-Men and failing. So they tried something new. In 2001 they created Ultimate Marvel. A WHOLE NEW universe. What was brilliant about this method was instead of retelling the creation of the X-Men in the 60's, it was retold as if the X-Men were created in 2001. Start with both of these titles at the same time, both are written by Mark Millar. At the time, Ultimate X-Men some months was either outselling Uncanny X-Men that was being written by grant Morrison, and legendary run itself, but way to hard for you to jump in, or the sales were neck in neck, which said a lot back then. But the stories were that good. It was my favorite title at the time. It was freaky too, because it was 911, and Millar was almost like a prophet. He was portraying Magneto as not some "I want to rule the world" bad guy, but a terrorist. He was even sending in videos the same Bin Ladin was. The stories were written months before 911, but released the same time 911 happened. They were only like 5 issues in. Magneto send in the videos's, he even blew up the Parliament building in England, and George Bush sends robots to take him down, while Prof. X warns Bush not to, because he's the most dangerous man in the world, and it reflected what the press was showing about Oliver North testifying about Bin Ladin in court for the Iran-Contra time. It was freaky as hell, and when you read the story you'll see why. Millar was doing so good, he got the Ultimates. He couldn't call them the Avengers so they changed the name. The Ultimates is modernized so well. It's what the Avengers would really be if they actually existed. Captain America is still greatest hero ever, but it doesn't shy away that he was also a soldier, so he kills the bad guys and you as a reader do NOT question it. The Hulk is crazy monster, Hawkey and Black Widow are also soldiers and will kill. Iron Man is portrayed as a flawed person, and there's just so much great from this arch. It's actually 3 volumes. About a 48 issue run that has a beginning and definitive ending. This run is my number 2 all time comic story ever told. It's genius. The MCU movies took more from the Ultimates then they did the 616 mainstream Avengers. Also, at the same time was Brian Bendis beginning run of Ultimate Spider-man that ran over 15 years, and 150 issues and the best Spider-man run I've ever read. I stopped reading Spider-man but never Ult. Spider-man. So read these 3 runs. Ult. X-Men, Ult. Spider-man, and the Ultimates. You'll be busy. If you want to throw in a few other just stories read Mark Millar Wolverine run, which is considered in the top 3 Wolverine stories, and Old Man Logan also by Millar which is in the top 4. If you want to know how to read them for free, then email me. johnnyjam2233@gmail.com. I still buy about $30 a week in books, about $40 a month in trades from stories I love, but I also read books for free to try them out. I guarantee what i tell you to read, you'll buy for yourself to read later.

I didn't know Jeff Lemire did a Moon Knight. His run on Old Man Logan was the best book being written at that time, and Andrea Sorrentino doing the art was sick. If you haven't read that run, I recommend to you, to pick it up. I'll be picking up his Moon Knight run, as I love Moon Knight. I would think it was after Bendis Moon Knight run he did with Alex Maleev.

Oh ****. I forgot why I mentioned that a good method when jumping into a new comic or comic company was wiki. This was why. I wanted to recommend reading Rick Remenders Uncanny X-Force. Read the first issue, then take the characters from the book, Wolverine, Archangel, Psylocke, Deadpool, Fantomex. After reading the first issue, go to google. EXAMPLE - type in Fantomex, and read about the characters history. Even if you typed in Wolverine, it would honestly only take you about 10 minutes. It'll explain everything so you could be up to date. Even if you read something, and picked up and read a previous arch about Wolverine, it wouldn't ruin the story for you. I'm recommending Uncanny X-Force because Rick Remenders run is INSANE and people complained it didn't win EVERY award out there from best book, to best writer, to best artist. Jerome Opena' will become one of your favorite artists ever. But when Uncanny- X-Force ends, it picks up with Uncanny-Avengers, and that story by Remender is better then Uncanny X-Force. It's about a 60 book story it ALL connects, but you will have to go to wiki (I even had to) to know who some characters were, but the story is just the best.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

A top recommendation from me would be Marvels by Kurt Busiek:

Quote Originally Posted by verden kommer til en slutt View Post
    - The Mighty Thor by Walter Simonson
    - Moon Knight by Jeff Lemire
    - Daredevil by Frank Miller
    - Wolverine by Chris Claremont
    - Doctor Strange : Into Shamballa
    - Hawkeye by Matt Fraction
    - Doctor Strange Sorcerer Supreme
    - Immortal Iron Fist (2006-2009)
    - Defenders (2012-2013)
    - Captain America (2002-2004)
    Wait you must add X-Men by Chris Claremont before Wolverine.
    And no love for Spider-Man or the Fantastic Four ?

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Recommended collections featuring comics from the 1960s-1990s:

Fantastic Four Epic Collection: The Coming Of Galactus
    Avengers: The Kree/Skrull War
    Avengers Epic Collection: The Avengers/Defenders War
    Avengers vs. Thanos
    Spider-Man: The Original Clone Saga
    Avengers: The Korvac Saga
    Iron Man: Demon in a Bottle
    Essential X-Men, Volume 2 (The Dark Phoenix Saga and Days of Future Past)
    Avengers: The Trial of Yellowjacket
    Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars
    Spider-Man: The Death of Jean DeWolff
    Avengers Epic Collection: Under Siege
    X-Men: Mutant Massacre
    Amazing Spider-Man Epic Collection: Kraven's Last Hunt
    X-Men: Fall of the Mutants
    Amazing Spider-Man Epic Collection: Venom
    X-Men: Inferno
    X-Men: X-Tinction Agenda
    X-Men Epic Collection: Mutant Genesis
    Silver Surfer Epic Collection: Thanos Quest
    Avengers Epic Collection: Operation Galactic Storm
    Spirits of Vengeance: Rise of the Midnight Sons
    Infinity War: Collected Edition
    X-Men: X-Cutioner's Song
    Spider-Man: Maximum Carnage
    Infinity Crusade, Volumes 1-2
    X-Men: Fatal Attractions
    X-Men: Legionquest
    X-Men: The Complete Age of Apocalypse Epic, Books One-Four
    X-Men: Operation Zero Tolerance

Heey Peeps: The Hulk's greatest Hits?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Amazing Member

I just saw a new Thunderbolts team has debuted in Punisher and I want to read about their formation.

So question is, how far do I need to go back in the run to get the full story? It looks like Zemo has been around for a while in the series, so am I looking at issue #1?

BANNED

I was hoping for some guidance...I heard of a newer(?) storyline in which Thanos returns from the dead through possession (that's as far as I want to go with the description for spoiler purposes) and it onvolvs the GotG...can anybody piece together what issues/collections/omnibuses a fan like myself might be able to capture this story arch?

Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

I'm just finishing up Hickman's Avengers run. Really enjoyed it. I was looking for other Avengers stories to check out, what are your recommendations?