Page 68 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1858646566676869707172 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1095
    Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

Just finished Daredevil season 3. I would like to start reading some Daredevil comics and need recommendations. I have read Born Again that is about it.

Quote Originally Posted by comicstar100 View Post
    Just finished Daredevil season 3. I would like to start reading some Daredevil comics and need recommendations. I have read Born Again that is about it.
    The current book just ended yesterday. A "Man Without Fear" weekly series is launching in January before Chip Zdarsky launches a new Daredevil volume in February.

As for past runs, Bendis and Brubaker are both critically acclaimed. Mark Waid as well following Brubaker, but it's a little less (a lot) gritty. Much more lighthearted. Then Soule's run that just wrapped followed that.

You really can't go wrong with DD.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyBC View Post
    I've just been getting into marvel recently and have read Secret Wars, infinity gauntlet, and age of apocalypse. I want to get more into the marvel cosmic stuff, any suggestions?
    Since you like Secret Wars, you might like Marvel Super Hero: Contest of Champions.

Since you like Infinity Gauntlet, you might like Avengers: The Korvac Saga.

Since you like Age of Apocalypse, you might like The Dark Phoenix Saga.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 12-01-2018 at 03:13 AM. Reason: Made a correction.

Quote Originally Posted by T00.Mch_t00.Lttl View Post
    I picked up Venomized and Venom (2018-). I'm really liking this new take on Venom. I'm unsure what Venom comics I should read to understand what's going on. I pre-ordered Venom: First Host and Ve'nom to follow on the origins of Rex Strictland, the weaponization of symbiotes, and who Venom attached to first. At some point I'll need to get Space Knight. Is there anything else I should be reading up on about Venom's new arch?

I also want to get into the Ghost Rider comics but unsure where to even begin.
    I'll do my best to help out with Ghost Rider.

For Johnny Blaze Ghost Rider:
    -Marvel Spotlight #5-11 (first appearance & origin)
    -Ghost Rider, the 1973 series (especially the brief Roger Stern run)

For Dan Ketch Ghost Rider:
    -Ghost Rider, the 1990 series (it starts off well, so check out the first dozen issues)
    -Ghost Rider, 1994 Annual #2 (Warren Ellis wrote it, so you might like it)
    Last edited by K7P5V; 12-01-2018 at 01:10 PM. Reason: Made a correction.

Neil Parker

For a new reader I would make the next suggestions:

Astonishing X-Men by Joss Whedon and John Cassaday.
    Ultimate Spider-Man by Bendis and Mark Bagley.
    Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Captain America: Red Menace by Ed Brubaker.
    Captain Marvel by Kelly Sue DeConnick
    Hawkeye by Matt Fraction and David Aja.
    Daredevil by Bendis and Maleev.

Maybe, if he or she is interested in some Thanos stuff: Rebirth of Thanos and Infinity Gauntlet. But that's saying the obvious, right?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Since you like Secret Wars, you might like Marvel Super Hero: Contest of Champions.

Since you like Infinity Gauntlet, you might like Avengers: The Korvac Saga.

Since you like Age of Apocalypse, you might like The Dark Phoenix Saga.
    annihilation is a great cosmic tale that ushers in the creation of the current Guardians of the Galaxy team

Quote Originally Posted by maklelin highbain View Post
    annihilation is a great cosmic tale that ushers in the creation of the current Guardians of the Galaxy team
    Thank you for the recommendation. I'm still a newbie when it comes to recommending titles, so I'm sorry if my choices don't "sync up" with everyone else.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 12-08-2018 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Corrected grammatical errors.

Mighty Member

After reading Avengers #12. I've grown intrigued by Ka-Zar. Is he as cool as he looks? Where can i read more about him?
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    After reading Avengers #12. I've grown intrigued by Ka-Zar. Is he as cool as he looks? Where can i read more about him?
    Mark Waid and Andy Kubert's KA-ZAR run from the late Nineties. Which has been collected into two trade paperback volumes ,and I found enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by The One and Only View Post
    Mark Waid and Andy Kubert's KA-ZAR run from the late Nineties. Which has been collected into two trade paperback volumes ,and I found enjoyable.
    Totally agree, an excellent choice.

Also don't forget the Bruce Jones/Brent Anderson run from the early eighties.

Mighty Member

With a cover like this. I MUST check it out now.

1FA72679-CB1A-481E-B495-E02EF245C281.jpg
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

boogie71517

Default Recommendations

Looking for some recommendations for a 'first time reader'. Was into comics when I was younger, but fell off for 15ish years, and I also feel like I've missed alot of the essentials.
    Have recently read and enjoyed: Marvel 1602, Wolverine (Claremont/Miller 1982), X-men God Loves Man Kills.
    Non-Marvel likes: Watchmen, Kill or Be Killed, Black Hammer.
    When I was in high school and collecting I was really into Ultimate X-Men/Spiderman and the Ultimate team-ups.

Looking for the 'essentials' that people can recommend. Origin stories, important story arcs, etc. Recommend a bunch, my train commute is 3 hours/day so I blow through these things quick! Thanks in advance.

If you like Kill or Be Killed, you would really enjoy Greg Rucka's The Punisher & Matt Rosenberg's The Punisher. Rosenberg's Punisher spins out of the Secret Empire event by Nick Spencer, which I think is wonderful. If you'd like to read that as well.

Since you enjoy Frank Miller, you might like Elektra: Assassin from the Marvel/Epic line of the eighties. While reading, it will certainly give you a lot to think about during those long train commutes.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crossfist View Post
    What are the best Thunderbolts runs and where do I start?
    the original run is in my opinion the best run. The title became a lot darker once CW started though these are still entertaining. Personally believe that the original run is one of the best team books marvel has released, it has the feel of old school 70s early 80s team books