Page 72 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2262686970717273 LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1095
    Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

Besides Busiek and Bendis what Avengers runs do you recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by comicstar100 View Post
    Jonathan Hickman

As writer, Jim Shooter's initial run from the '70s (highly recommended, IMHO):

Roger Stern
    Bob Harras
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Spectacular Member

I have to agree with the Harras run it was a great period for the avengers and Epting's art is awesome

I have already created a thread on the subjet, but I will ask here also.
    What are for you (the people who know), the essential Thanos stories to read.

So far I've got:

1. Warlock by Jim Starlin: The Complete or Avengers vs. Thanos - they overlap a bit, should I read both or only one of them ?
    2. The Death of Captain Marvel
    3. Silver Surfer: Rebirth of Thanos /Thanos Quest
    4. Infinity Gauntlet
    5. Infinity War
    6. Infinity Crusade - can it be skiped ?
    7. Thanos: Redemption - not sure if it's mendatory.
    8. Annihilation
    9. Thanos: The Infinity Saga - is it really that good ?
    10. Thanos Wins

I was wondering if Ms. Marvel by Brian Reed from the latter half of the 2000s is any good?

Looking for some comics with gay guys. I've read all YA content and Rictor/Shatterstar content, but I need more!

All-New Member

Hey,
    I've read a lot of the modern comics but I've got a Marvel Unlimited subscription and I've started reading The Amazing Spider-Man 1963 comics which I'm loving so far. I want to go back and read some more of the older comics if people have any recommendations? Also I want to read the original Secret Wars if anyone could help me with that?

Quote Originally Posted by spidermaximoff View Post
    Hey,
    I've read a lot of the modern comics but I've got a Marvel Unlimited subscription and I've started reading The Amazing Spider-Man 1963 comics which I'm loving so far. I want to go back and read some more of the older comics if people have any recommendations? Also I want to read the original Secret Wars if anyone could help me with that?
    For stuff like this you ought to look at wikipedia first, then you can check comicvine, they've got lots of informations.

Quote Originally Posted by spidermaximoff View Post
    Hey,
    Reading recommendations for Marvel Unlimited?
    — Starlin’s Captain Marvel, around #25 through 33
    — Starlin’s Warlock, which is Strange Tales #178 through 181, then Warlock’s own title starting at #9 until Starlin’s done, at #15
    — Starlin wrapping up Warlock and Thanos, Avengers Annual#7 and Marvel 2 in 1 Annual#2
    — Thomas’, Adams’ and Palmer’s X-Men, #56 through 63, and #65. It’s just non-stop action in those issues.
    — Kirby’s and Sinnott’s, okay and Lee’s too, Fantastic Four, #84 through 87, which was Kirby’s homage to the British TV series the Prisoner. The story and dialogue are pretty good, but also it is flat-out the very best drawn Doctor Doom EVER. What does Doc Doom look like? This is it. Definitive, especially so in #87. Kirby draws the sh!t out of the FF as well. It’s really just the height of the Kirby-Sinnott art team.
    — Englehart’s and Marshall Rogers’ Silver Surfer, #1 through 11, perhaps the best Marvel story and stories no one seems to remember or talk about anymore.
    — While we are talking Englehart, we ought to mention the Celestial Madonna saga, some nutty but dang fun Avengers stories, Avengers #129 through 134 plus Giant-Size Avengers #3 and 4. There’s nice Dave Cockrum work in some of those issues, too.
    — Conan, all the Barry Windsor-Smith issues, #1 through 24 with a few fill-ins late in the run, plus Savage Sword of Conan #3. Just read Savage Sword #3 if you can’t be bothered with the other issues. That’s the “Red Nails” Conan issue.
    — Anything by Steve Gerber, Defenders, Man-Thing, Guardians of the Galaxy, even the first nine issues of Marvel 2 in 1, and Legion of Night. It’s all so... strange. And good!

All-New Member

Hi all,

Just looking for new DC/Marvel comics to pick up and particularly interested when older heroes undergo a renaissance. Any recommendations?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackiebaby View Post
    Hi all,

Just looking for new DC/Marvel comics to pick up and particularly interested when older heroes undergo a renaissance. Any recommendations?

Thanks.
    Check out the new Eternals series.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

BANNED

I've basically only read DC Comics in my life but I've tired some Spider-Man comics and they were really good. Where should I start with Spider-Man and I'm also curious about the X Men?

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Devil View Post
    I've basically only read DC Comics in my life but I've tired some Spider-Man comics and they were really good. Where should I start with Spider-Man and I'm also curious about the X Men?
    For Spider-Man, start at Amazing Fantasy #15 (his first appearance in the early 1960’s)

For X-Men, start at Giant-Sized X-Men #1 (1975)

Comics this old are not for everyone, so if you prefer a later starting point, better advice can be given