Page 66 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1656626364656667686970 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Pool. Dead. View Post
    hello. new guy here. can someone tell me which comic is the picture from?
    Attachment 65847
    Attachment 65848

Thanks
    It's from the X-Men Battle of the Atom crossover event by Bendis and Aaron. Pretty sure that's from one of the All-New X-Men issues. I actually liked that part until the next page.

All-New Member

just started reading again, is the captain america title current or is this some flash back?

Quote Originally Posted by dan101575 View Post
    just started reading again, is the captain america title current or is this some flash back?
    What issue # are you asking about?

cpurvis13

Quote Originally Posted by Global Honored View Post
    New to Marvel? Just getting into a character or team and want to read back over their best back issues? Need to know where to start or what collections to pick up?

Well here is the best place to ask for MARVEL recommendations and also give your input on comics you dig and think other fans will too.

Proceed with the requests and recommendations!
    Probably one of my all time favorite crossover comics right here!!! The Uncanny X-men and The New Teen Titans!!

Last edited by Conn Seanery; 05-23-2018 at 09:05 PM.

All-New Member

Hi,
    I stared reading rocket raccoon comics I want to know if someone can help me to fill the blank: what should I read to get his storyline? I have read the original 4 issues series (from 1985, I think) that tells rocket origin in half-world and read the series that have his name on marvel unlimited site, but based on what I read on the later, there is something missing in between where he got separated from the rest of the half-world crew and lost his memory (and changes personality; the rocket from later looks really different from the original one for me). Based on the information I could gather, he appears in the guardians of the galaxy series (obviously) and also in the annihilation series, but there are several of both of those. Can someone point me a reading ordering of this series (and maybe other I have missed) to get rocket and the guardians background story?
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Lupus View Post
    Hi,
    I stared reading rocket raccoon comics I want to know if someone can help me to fill the blank: what should I read to get his storyline? I have read the original 4 issues series (from 1985, I think) that tells rocket origin in half-world and read the series that have his name on marvel unlimited site, but based on what I read on the later, there is something missing in between where he got separated from the rest of the half-world crew and lost his memory (and changes personality; the rocket from later looks really different from the original one for me). Based on the information I could gather, he appears in the guardians of the galaxy series (obviously) and also in the annihilation series, but there are several of both of those. Can someone point me a reading ordering of this series (and maybe other I have missed) to get rocket and the guardians background story?
    Thank you.
    You'll want to read Annihilation Nova and Annihilation, Annihilation Conquest, Annihilation Conquest Star Lord, Nova (2007), Guardians Of The Galaxy (2008), Realm Of Kings, and
    Thanos Imperative.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

There's a sale right now, so which one of these Trades are still relevant, good, set in the main universe and doesn't require years of knowledge?
    https://comicstore.marvel.com/Marvel...ale/page/18915

Hey I wanted to read Captain America when Bucky is under the mantle, can someone tell me the name of the series, volume number (if it's just called Capatain America), and how many it is? Thank you.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson View Post
    Hey I wanted to read Captain America when Bucky is under the mantle, can someone tell me the name of the series, volume number (if it's just called Capatain America), and how many it is? Thank you.
    If your looking at perusing the trade paperbacks for Bucky's run with the shield. I did a quick looksee, and here they are.
    Captain America:Death of the Dream-Cap gats assassinated after the events of CIVIL WAR, and after Clint Barton briefly toys with the notion of taking on the mantle. Bucky takes on the job.
    Captain America:Burden of the Dream- Bucky Barnes, now Captain America, jumps into the job.
    Captain America:The Man Who Bought America- the final part of Buck becoming Cap. Resolves a lot of stuff Brubaker set up in the beginning of his run. Also reintroduces the 1950's Commie Smashing Cap.
    Captain America:Two Americas-Buck locates the previously missing 50's Cap. Who's now working with the right wing extremist militants, the Watchdogs.
    Captain America:No Escape-Baron Helmut Zemo, finding out Bucky's alive, puts him through his paces. Ending with Zemo revealing to the world that the current Cap was in fact the Soviet assassin, the Winter Soldier. Which leads to...
    Captain America:The Trial of Captain America

RobinXtreme

I am very new to Marvel comics and ANY comics at all (except manga). I started reading Invincible (2003) and I have been really enjoyed it so far. Does anyone know anything similar to that and not hard to follow?

I LOVE the whole Runaways series personally

Starting to make the transition to trade paperbacks and trade waiting as it's more cost effective for me... so I'm taking the opportunity to catch up on characters I've always wanted to read but haven't been able to for budget reasons. Captain America (Steve) and Winter Soldier being some of the first ones. I'd like to stick to bigger collections like Ultimate or Complete collections if those are available. Any suggestions on where to start? What to avoid? I'm open for anything really. Thanks!
    Last edited by cc008; 08-16-2018 at 02:55 PM.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Starting to make the transition to trade paperbacks and trade waiting as it's more cost effective for me... so I'm taking the opportunity to catch up on characters I've always wanted to read but haven't been able to for budget reasons. Captain America (Steve) and Winter Soldier being some of the first ones. I'd like to stick to bigger collections like Ultimate or Complete collections if those are available. Any suggestions on where to start? What to avoid? I'm open for anything really. Thanks!
    Ed Brubaker's 2005 run. Captain America: The Winter Soldier Complete Collection, Captain America: Red Menace, Captain America: The Death of Captain America Complete Collection.
    I've never been a huge fan of cap but these are phenomenal. It also contains the Winter Soldier's origin, and a bunch of character development for him.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    Ed Brubaker's 2005 run. Captain America: The Winter Soldier Complete Collection, Captain America: Red Menace, Captain America: The Death of Captain America Complete Collection.
    I've never been a huge fan of cap but these are phenomenal. It also contains the Winter Soldier's origin, and a bunch of character development for him.
    Awesome. Ordered all of 'em!

All-New Member

I picked up Venomized and Venom (2018-). I'm really liking this new take on Venom. I'm unsure what Venom comics I should read to understand what's going on. I pre-ordered Venom: First Host and Ve'nom to follow on the origins of Rex Strictland, the weaponization of symbiotes, and who Venom attached to first. At some point I'll need to get Space Knight. Is there anything else I should be reading up on about Venom's new arch?

I also want to get into the Ghost Rider comics but unsure where to even begin.