Page 18 of 73 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast
    small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

don't know if it's even possible, but I'd go waaaay back to the very first Guardians. It's clearly 'of its time' with regard to artwork and scripting, but the characters really carried the title then, and (as it was my first Guardians experience) never again really caught fire for me as the characters were 'redefined' and/or replaced. And when I look at the upcoming "original characters" series (due in October I believe), I really want even less to do with the title. I'm hoping the movie will be successful, AND reignite some interest in the very first, original series.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    I recommend these in this order:

-Annihilation: Conquest (with Star-Lord tie-in)
    -Then Vol II by DnA
    -Realm/War of Kings tie-ins
    -Thanos Imperitive

This http://www.amazon.com/Annihilation-C...on%3A+Conquest
    This http://www.amazon.com/Annihilation-C...on%3A+Conquest
    This http://www.amazon.com/War-Kings-Dan-...realm+of+kings
    And this http://www.amazon.com/Thanos-Imperat...realm+of+kings

?

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Just get all of the DnA cosminc run. Totally worth it.
    Cyclops was right

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by new_onslaught View Post
    How about the writing? Apart from Annihilation: Nova #1-4 and Annihilation: Conquest - Starlord #1-4 is any other Annihilation and/or Annihilation: Conquest mini worth the buy?
    Nova is the only mini that's required reading for the main Annihilation event. Other than that, pick up the other minis based on which characters you are interested in. I wanted to learn about Ronan the Accuser so I picked up Annihilation: Ronan, for example.

Fantastic Member

Marvel has DnA's GotG on sale. Is the whole series good, or is it dragged down by ties to events?

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Marvel has DnA's GotG on sale. Is the whole series good, or is it dragged down by ties to events?
    I loved it all!
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Fantastic Member

I finished Annihilation: Nova #1-4 and started Annihilation. The Nova mini was really good. Is the Nova series by DnA as good? I can't decide if I should get the whole DnA GotG or get the first 12 issues of GotG and save the money for Nova, in case his series is on sale any time soon.

I finished Annihilation: Nova #1-4 and started Annihilation. The Nova mini was really good. Is the Nova series by DnA as good? I can't decide if I should get the whole DnA GotG or get the first 12 issues of GotG and save the money for Nova, in case his series is on sale any time soon.
    The DnA nova series is worth checking out. I'd check out guardians first since it's on sale then get nova later.

Amazing Member Prince Disarming's Avatar

Is Jim Steranko's S.H.I.E.L.D run a good starting place for someone who hasn't read much of any comics from the big two? From what I've seen of the art it looks quite stunning and the entire thing can be collected in a very reasonably sized volume so it seems like a decent start but I would like some more informed opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Disarming View Post
    Is Jim Steranko's S.H.I.E.L.D run a good starting place for someone who hasn't read much of any comics from the big two? From what I've seen of the art it looks quite stunning and the entire thing can be collected in a very reasonably sized volume so it seems like a decent start but I would like some more informed opinions.
    You cannot go wrong with that run. It's perhaps a little dated, but the art was innovative for its time and is still considered great by today's standards, and the ideas and concepts are really cool.

Amazing Member Prince Disarming's Avatar

Awesome. Thanks for the advice.

Amazing Member

Default need recomendation for marvel now/ pre marvel now

hi there
    i read a lot of marvel comics they are my favorite right now
    i need recomendations for comics of marvel now or pre marvel now (if i can call it pre...)
    i read thor, cap, ironman, guardians, black widow, avengers, spiderman, xmen all of them from marvel now and i enjoy them a lot
    can some one give me more recommendations?

ty in advance,
    mabos

All-New Member

Defiantly check out Matt Fraction's Invincible Ironman, the entire run is superior to Gillen run in every way.
    Uncanny X-Force
    I suppose if you like bendis Guardians of the Galaxy you'll like his new avengers, its pretty much the same thing, lots of heroes eating cereal and just chatting

Default Where to start with Nova?

Comixology currently has Nova on sale and which series is the best to start with? The 2007 series that began after Annihilation or the Marvel Now series?
    I love the New 52. I love the dark and grittiness of it and find that is what makes the most enjoyable superhero stories. At the same time I find All Star Superman to be the most depressing Superman story I have ever read. Yeah I'm weird.