Page 19 of 73 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast

They star different Novas if you didn't know.
    Start with the '07 series.
    BB

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by november View Post
    Defiantly check out Matt Fraction's Invincible Ironman, the entire run is superior to Gillen run in every way.
    Uncanny X-Force
    I suppose if you like bendis Guardians of the Galaxy you'll like his new avengers, its pretty much the same thing, lots of heroes eating cereal and just chatting
    cool ty

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mabos555 View Post
    cool ty
    Is there any genre you're interested in? Do you want yo go back to the 80s etc. Or do you only like recent stuff?
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

The 2007 run is superb.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Is there any genre you're interested in? Do you want yo go back to the 80s etc. Or do you only like recent stuff?
    recent stuff but if there cool stuff from the 80s i'll glad to hear

2007 run. Or the original Wolfman run. Just stick with Richard Rider.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Ok will do, thanks.
    I love the New 52. I love the dark and grittiness of it and find that is what makes the most enjoyable superhero stories. At the same time I find All Star Superman to be the most depressing Superman story I have ever read. Yeah I'm weird.

I would definitely read Annihilation Prologue, Annihilation Nova and the Main Annihilation book before starting off the 2007 run.

Spectacular Member

Hey all,

I'm looking to round out my Marvel titles for my stack. I was hoping someone could give me some suggestions of what to read. Here's the series I'm currently reading and/or planning to read (got some catching up to do... and that's expensive xD)
    1-Storm
    2-Magneto
    3-Elektra
    4-All New X-men
    5-Uncanny X-men
    6-Avengers
    7-New Avengers
    8-Avengers World
    9-Secret Avengers

I'm looking for one more title to round it out to 10 Marvel titles. Now titles 4-9 I'm way behind on and have a lot of catching up to do so I'm open to replacing them with other titles that started recently. Here's some titles I tried out that I'm NOT interested in:
    -Amazing X-men
    -Nightcrawler (I know CC writes it but... I'm just not getting into it. Blasphemy I know)
    -Black Widow (I love her on the Avengers team but for some reason her solo book bores me)
    -Uncanny Avengers (Love the concept... hate the writing and art. Rick Remender is just NOT the writer for me. I don't like any of his work for some reason)

I was considering maybe trying Moon Knight? But I heard somewhere that the creative team will be changing up so I'm not sure if it is worth getting invested. I listed so many Avengers books because if I was following all their solo titles I'd have a million comics in my stack and no money in my bank. Any good suggestions of comics that have started recently or will be starting up soon?

Quote Originally Posted by ItsDaveyJ View Post
    Hey all,

I'm looking to round out my Marvel titles for my stack. I was hoping someone could give me some suggestions of what to read. Here's the series I'm currently reading and/or planning to read (got some catching up to do... and that's expensive xD)
    1-Storm
    2-Magneto
    3-Elektra
    4-All New X-men
    5-Uncanny X-men
    6-Avengers
    7-New Avengers
    8-Avengers World
    9-Secret Avengers

I'm looking for one more title to round it out to 10 Marvel titles. Now titles 4-9 I'm way behind on and have a lot of catching up to do so I'm open to replacing them with other titles that started recently. Here's some titles I tried out that I'm NOT interested in:
    -Amazing X-men
    -Nightcrawler (I know CC writes it but... I'm just not getting into it. Blasphemy I know)
    -Black Widow (I love her on the Avengers team but for some reason her solo book bores me)
    -Uncanny Avengers (Love the concept... hate the writing and art. Rick Remender is just NOT the writer for me. I don't like any of his work for some reason)

I was considering maybe trying Moon Knight? But I heard somewhere that the creative team will be changing up so I'm not sure if it is worth getting invested. I listed so many Avengers books because if I was following all their solo titles I'd have a million comics in my stack and no money in my bank. Any good suggestions of comics that have started recently or will be starting up soon?
    Try X-Force (at least the first 4, #1 gets some bad reviews but the rest is awesome and it really picks up after Molina takes up the art), Thor god of thunder, Daredevil, Ms Marvel (stars a new character) and of course Superior foes of spider-man. I bet you'll like at least some of those

Quote Originally Posted by mabos555 View Post
    recent stuff but if there cool stuff from the 80s i'll glad to hear
    Most of the characters you listed have several praised runs, I usually give 2 runs for every character as a recommendation, a recent definite run and an older definite run. These are the recent runs for the most important characters:
    Captain America by Brubaker
    Thor god of thunder/Thor by J. Michael Straczynski
    Incredible Hulk by Pak
    Daredevil by Bendis (followed by the just as awesome run by Brubaker) or Daredevil by Waid (Waid's run is more upbeat and the Bendis and Brubaker runs are grim and dark)
    Annihilation followed by Annihilation Conquest and the Guardians of the Galaxy run by Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning
    Avengers by Kurt Busiek or New Avengers by Bendis
    Astonishing X-men by Whedon and New X-Men by Morrison
    Ultimate Spider-Man by Bendis (it's set in another universe than the regular Marvel universe but still very good)
    Superior Spider-Man

These are the definitive runs for the most important characters from the late 90's/00's/10's. If you want to know the great runs for a specific character let me know (Iron man hasn't really had a recent definitive run in my opinion. For a single great story arc you can try Iron Man Extremis and I guess some are a big fan of Busiek's run).
    Do you use Marvel Unlimited?

Read the first issue of the 2007 Nova series and loved it. I bought 4 more issues too.
    I love the New 52. I love the dark and grittiness of it and find that is what makes the most enjoyable superhero stories. At the same time I find All Star Superman to be the most depressing Superman story I have ever read. Yeah I'm weird.

All-New Member

Default New to Comics - HELP!

Hi all, I'm fairly new to comics and I'm looking for a good place to start. I'm looking for some books that collate a lot of comics in order or have a few standout important comics etc. I've found a few things like Marvel Ultimate Collection, Complete Epic, Epic Collections, 100 greatest Marvels of all time, Official Marvel graphic novel collection...

Would anyone recommend any of these or any others?

Thanks!

All-New Member

Anyone?...

You asked a little over an hour ago and most people are asleep at this time. You're probably going to have to be patient.

As to your question I have no idea.