Page 2 of 73 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Just ordered New Avengers trade & will look into getting Avengers Assemble. Read Avengers & UA, I really enjoyed both. I just need to try and stick to a limit of how many i will be reading lol.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    All-New Doop \m/
    Probably a bit early, but what's that like? Spiritual successor to X-Force/Statix or something completely different?

I'm liking the new Magneto run at the minute, and issue #1 of Nightcrawler was a fun start. I've been getting into All New X-Men too.

Other than those, I love the new Daredevil books so far, and Nova is refreshing (has a young Peter Parker feel to it IMO). Spidey is always divisive but I enjoyed the way the Superior book wrapped up and I'm looking forward to seeing Parker picking up what's left of his life.

The new Hulk run has an interesting premise with a "Who shot Banner?" idea, and I'll likely be picking up Savage Hulk too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rascal View Post
    I'm liking the new Magneto run at the minute, and issue #1 of Nightcrawler was a fun start. I've been getting into All New X-Men too.

Other than those, I love the new Daredevil books so far, and Nova is refreshing (has a young Peter Parker feel to it IMO). Spidey is always divisive but I enjoyed the way the Superior book wrapped up and I'm looking forward to seeing Parker picking up what's left of his life.

The new Hulk run has an interesting premise with a "Who shot Banner?" idea, and I'll likely be picking up Savage Hulk too.
    There's a Magneto solo atm? I had not heard about this. What's up with that?

@TheDarkKnight16

The new X-Force series might be of interest to you, Only 3 or 4 issues in. It's fast becoming one of my fav books im collecting at the moment.

Cable, Psylocke, Marrow, Fantomex, & MeMe (new character)

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    I wasn't overly excited by the first issue, although i was pretty tired when i read it. The 2nd was a much more enjoyable read for me.

Probably a bit early, but what's that like? Spiritual successor to X-Force/Statix or something completely different?

Couldn't even finish it, too dialogue heavy and rehashing old scenes we have previously read.

Yeah, it's a bit early to say. It's the TRUE story about BotA and Doop wanting that Kitty Pryde love.
    Maybe a little similar to the previous Doop stuff (Wolverine & Doop, and the short story from [Heart] Marvel) i.e. being comedic.
    BB

Yeah, it's pretty great, has him being more proactive seeking out threats to mutants, etc....

magneto_1.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    Yeah, it's a bit early to say. It's the TRUE story about BotA and Doop wanting that Kitty Pryde love.
    Maybe a little similar to the previous Doop stuff (Wolverine & Doop, and the short story from [Heart] Marvel) i.e. being comedic.
    Ah, I never read those, my only exposure to Doop is X-Force/Statix.

Okay, Black Panther. I read the first 4 issues of Priest's run, which seems to be considered the best, and he's a stone-cold badass, but I found it a little.... boring, honestly. He's just awesome and more awesome. I prefer characters that have more vulnerability and human moments so I can relate to them. Is there a BP run like that?

Hey guys (and girls).

Is there any Thor-centric Avengers titles or any events/crossovers?

All-New Member

New to Marvel. Any where I can start and not be completely confused? I have basic knowledge of the Marvel universe.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Summers View Post
    Just ordered New Avengers trade & will look into getting Avengers Assemble. Read Avengers & UA, I really enjoyed both. I just need to try and stick to a limit of how many i will be reading lol.
    You might want to check out Al Ewing's Mighty Avengers too.

It's probably the best written and most coherent team based book Marvel's publishing presently.

Excellent characterization across the board and Ewing's obvious respect for established 616 MU continuity make this book a true gem.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lt Trouble View Post
    Okay, Black Panther. I read the first 4 issues of Priest's run, which seems to be considered the best, and he's a stone-cold badass, but I found it a little.... boring, honestly. He's just awesome and more awesome. I prefer characters that have more vulnerability and human moments so I can relate to them. Is there a BP run like that?

You should check out Black Panther: Man Without Fear by David Liss or Panthers Rage by Don McGregor which were both excellent explorations of T'Challa at his most vulnerable.