Page 23 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Joe Kelly had a run on deadpool..unfortunately, i have'nt read much deadpool to suggest anything to you :/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mabos555 View Post
    what is the kelly run?
    yeah i'll try "the good the bad and the ugly" and the xforce also
    what more?
    Joe's Kelly run on Deadpool. It's the first solo Deadpool volume.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darthkostis View Post
    Joe's Kelly run on Deadpool. It's the first solo Deadpool volume.
    and now it's Way's run no?

BANNED

and now it's Way's run no?
    No. The Way run ended before Marvel NOW! started. The current volume is by Duggan and Posehn.

Amazing Member

No. The Way run ended before Marvel NOW! started. The current volume is by Duggan and Posehn.
    ok... i understand now ty
    what about the other limited series like:
    deadpool corps
    deadool kiil the marvel universe/ kill deadpool
    deadpool vs carrange/x-force
    deadpool pulp
    deadpool merc with a mouth
    deadool max
    deadpool wade's war

is there something good from this list?

The current run is by Gerry Duggan & Brian Posehn and just like Darthkotsis said it becomes really good from the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly arc and onwards. I would also recommend checking out the miniseries Deadpool Dracula's Gauntlet and the upcoming Hawkeye vs Deadpool and Death of Wolverine: Deadpool and Captain America since they all tie-in to the main series. The former is written by both men and the latter two by just Gerry Duggan.

On top of Kelly's run and Cable & Deadpool, I'll also recommend Rick Remender's Uncanny X-Force which had a great portrayal of Deadpool. If you want to go old school you could check out the first 25 issues of the original X-Force by Fabian Nicieza and see Deadpool as a villain. Then you could check out the Deadpool Classics Vol. 1 which combined his first two miniseries where he started to make the transition from villain to anti-hero though he stumbled along the way. I believe the first issue of Kelly's run is also collected there. In fact out the Deadpool classics, volumes 2-5 collects all of Kelly's run and volume 9 and the soon to be released volume 10 will collect Gail Simone's run (along with Agent X) which will provide some good background for Cable & Deadpool.
    Last edited by pinoypanzer; 09-01-2014 at 06:36 AM.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

You might want to get the Deadpool Minibus (it collects Deadpool kills the Marvel Universe, Deadpool Kills Deadpool, Deadpool Killustrated, Deadpool vs Carnage and another one I can't remember). Other than that I'm gonna say Deadpool by Joe Kelly, Cable&Deadpool and the current series starting with "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly"
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

BANNED

I'm not a Deadpool fan, but he was great in 'Cable & Deadpool' and 'Uncanny X-force'. Both those runs are collected in an omnibus(C&D comes out in a few months).

Amazing Member

so as i see it deadpool is recommended to be read as one in a team, but not as solo? (with cable or x-force)

so as i see it deadpool is recommended to be read as one in a team, but not as solo? (with cable or x-force)
    More like a solo not written by Daniel Way since you didn't like one of his stories and they are generally the same. Plenty of us have recommended Kelly's run, the current run by Duggan & Posehn and the related mini series i mentioned in my earlier post. Cable & Deadpool spent as much time apart as they did working together.

To sum up my earlier post you could check out (in chronological order)
    X-Force HC Vol.1-3 which collects his earlier appearances as a villain
    Deadpool Classic vol. 1 (the transition period to Kelly's run which collects the Circle Chase and Sins of the Past miniseries)
    Deadpool Classic vol. 2-5 (Kelly's run)
    Deadpool Classic vol. 9-10 (Simone's run plus Agent X)
    All the Cable & Deadpool
    Uncanny X-Force by Rick Remender
    Gerry Duggan and Brian Posehn's run(especially the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly) along with Deadpool Dracula's Gauntlet and upcoming Hawkeye vs Deadpool mini-series.
    Last edited by pinoypanzer; 09-01-2014 at 07:17 AM. Reason: added list

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Not in particular, the team books that were mentioned were just very well written (I bet a solo Deadpool comic by Remender would be just as good as Uncanny X-Force). But like I said, Joe Kelly's run is regarded as the best Deadpool stuff
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

The Way stuff was bad to ok at best. The Kelly run though is fantastic and still holds up. Same goes for Cable and Deadpool. As far as the current series go, I'd jump during "The Good, The Bad and the Ugly" arc. It did wonders for DP's character and the series is still great and it's fleshing out Wade. TBH, fart joke Deadpool is awful and I don't like him, at all. But the damaged psycho who is trying to make sense of it all and still acts heroic besides his problems? This character I love!
    All this. All of it. Way's run sucked (the Secret Invasion arc was pretty OK, one of the best in that run). The Duggan/Posehn run was crap until The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, which brought in the drama the character requires to be worth reading. And Joe Kelly's classic run - which has been collected - is fantastic, and the reason I like the character. I'm not quite as enamoured of Cable & Deadpool as most people, but it was pretty good.

ok... i understand now ty
    what about the other limited series like:
    Deadool Kills the Marvel Universe/Deadpool Killustrated
    Deadpool vs X-Force

is there something good from this list?
    Those are the only OK ones from the list. Those two Deadpool Kills minis were darkly comical - Killustrated had the added benefit of lots of literary references. (Deadpool Kills Deadpool was just awful.) Deadpool vs. X-Force has been a lot of fun so far. It's very much rooted in the early '90s, but without all the awful. It might not appeal to someone who hasn't read the late New Mutants/early X-Force comics where Deadpool first showed up.

Fantastic Member

Deadpool's one of those characters than when written well, he is really interesting and genuinely funny, but fits pretty much any tone under the right pen... But written badly he's a boring unfunny juvenile joke. The best Deadpool stories are the ones where it's made clear he's NOT just some goofy clown - he's acting out because he is really, really messed up and can't cope with the real world - Nicieza was the first to go down this route, Kelly raised it to an art form, the new run started out wacky but has got more serious and better for it. He also needs a good foil/cast to bounce off - Weasel and Blind Al, Cable, the rest of Uncanny X-Force, Agent Preston all act as a counterpoint. In Way's run he only had Bob, who was basically a much worse Weasel and was just there for bad/'funny' things to happen to rather than challenging Deadpool in any way.

Amazing Member

double post i didn't meant to write read the other one below
    Last edited by mabos555; 09-01-2014 at 02:02 PM.

Amazing Member

ok ty very much everyone!
    keep this coming i want to make a final desiaiton so i won't spent my money in vain (btw the stories that i've read weren't mine... i borrowed it from a friend)
    i will write this again and just reply again which is also good: (cuz i forgot some stuff)
    1. deadpool corps
    2.deadpool kill deadpool/ marvel universe/ killustrated
    3.deadpool max
    4.merc with a mouth
    5.deadpool pulp
    6. deadpool vs carnage
    7. wade wilson's war
    8. suicide kings
    9.night of the living deadpool
    10. game of death
    and the last one: 11. deadpool teamups

ty again!