Page 24 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

I would recommend all the Deadpool Kills books that you listed, as well as Night of the Living Deadpool. Seek out the Joe Kelly run on Deadpool, it's VERY good, and should be collected in various forms. Just go to Amazon and search for "joe Kelly deadpool" You'll find what you need. I am apparently alone in liking Daniel Way's run a good bit, but I haven't like the new series much at all. The old Cable & Deadpool book is a lot of fun, but you might need a bigger knowledge of the character to enjoy it. His recent cameo in Secret Avengers is really fun, if you want to test those waters.

Quote Originally Posted by mabos555 View Post
    i will write this again and just reply again which is also good: (cuz i forgot some stuff)
    2.deadpool kill marvel universe/ killustrated
    8. suicide kings
    9.night of the living deadpool
    10. game of death
    ty again!
    Suicide Kings, from what I can recall, wasn't bad. Game of Death, I think, if I'm remembering the right one, was pretty good, and basically set up the anti-hero version of Deadpool (as opposed to the straight villain he'd been in X-Force). Night of Living Deadpool was . . . OK.

Marvel Universe and Killustrated were fun, for how dark they were.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Suicide Kings, from what I can recall, wasn't bad. Game of Death, I think, if I'm remembering the right one, was pretty good, and basically set up the anti-hero version of Deadpool (as opposed to the straight villain he'd been in X-Force). Night of Living Deadpool was . . . OK.

Marvel Universe and Killustrated were fun, for how dark they were.
    Game of Death came out in 2009 and I believe it involved Deadpool being involved in some kind of contest where the last survivor wins or something. I think the miniseries you're describing is either the Circle Chase or Sins of the Past which both occurred before Kelly's run.

Quote Originally Posted by mabos555 View Post
    i will write this again and just reply again which is also good: (cuz i forgot some stuff)

2.deadpool kill deadpool/ marvel universe/ killustrated

4.merc with a mouth

6. deadpool vs carnage

8. suicide kings
    9.night of the living deadpool
    10. game of death

ty again!
    2, 6, and 9 are collected in the Minibus and I remember kills the marvel universe as meh, killustrated i though had a good premise and some interesting ideas but I didn't like the execution, kills deadpool was ok, night of the living deadpool was my favorite but it is non-canon, and deadpool vs carnage was more about blood and gore than story and characterization though there were some tidbits i liked.

Merc with a Mouth was pretty meh imo

Suicide Kings, i thought was ok/average

Game of Death i thought was meh too
    Last edited by pinoypanzer; 09-01-2014 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pinoypanzer View Post
    Game of Death came out in 2009 and I believe it involved Deadpool being involved in some kind of contest where the last survivor wins or something. I think the miniseries you're describing is either the Circle Chase or Sins of the Past which both occurred before Kelly's run.
    Circle Chase was what I was thinking of. I was just too lazy to look it up. I don't even remember Game of Death, then. Which probably isn't a very good endorsement of it. And I barely remember Suicide Kings, so that's another one that's clearly forgettable.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Circle Chase was what I was thinking of. I was just too lazy to look it up. I don't even remember Game of Death, then. Which probably isn't a very good endorsement of it. And I barely remember Suicide Kings, so that's another one that's clearly forgettable.
    If I remember right, in Suicide Kings Deadpool teamed up with Outlaw while Punisher was hunting him down for a crime committed by Tombstone and I don't remember any other details about it.

Circle Chase and Sins of the Past were a heck of a lot better than those 2009 miniseries that's for sure.

Amazing Member

ok ty all i'll make a final desecion and let you know

All-New Member

Default Where should I start in Marvel comics?

Ok so let me start this off by saying that I am not completely new to marvel comics, I've been reading them since I was about 8(Im 19 now) but with all the marvel comic movies coming out these last few years I have felt compelled to learn more about the characters and the marvel universe in general, and I want to start from the beginning. I went and saw Guardians of the Galaxy today and it was freaking epic, and after seeing that movie and the fact I had never really heard much about them I figured now is a good time to start learning more about the marvel universe. Anyways, I have just been wanting to read from the beginning of marvel comics but I don't know where to start. Do I need to start by reading From Captain America and then go to the Fantastic Four, Hulk, Spider-man, Thor, Iron Man, etc. I know this probably sounds crazy because there are so many different characters and many of them intertwine but I really want to learn from early on. There seems to be so many different variations of each character and so many complex continuities that I just don't know where to start. I want to be able to read from the beginning and continue on from there and go on and on with each character. For example, I would like to see where Wolverine is introduced in the Incredible Hulk and then see when he meets the X-Men, Basically I would like to read the comics in order if at all possible. If you are able to help me at all that would be great and any info you may have will be greatly appreciated.

BANNED

Start here: http://www.marvelessentials.com/

And if Black & White pages aren't your thing, try:

Last edited by Marvel_Is; 09-06-2014 at 10:39 PM.

If you don't mind Digital comics Marvel Unlimited is excellent. I finally subscribed about a week ago and my only regret is not doing it sooner.

Default Need good Deadpool story arcs

Hi guys, Can you suggest good Deadpool story arcs, I plan to read the whole thing but will no do so because I don't have the luxury of having time to read the whole thing from the start. Recommendations and Suggestions are very much welcomed. I'm currently reading Batman New 52 and i'm nearing the end so I need a new reading material. I find Deadpool interesting because like Spiderman he has this comic and carefree attitude, hoping to get some input from comic book veterans and enthusiasts here. Thanks

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Pick up Deadpool Classic, vol. 2-5. That covers the best Deadpool material.

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    Or the Joe Kelly omnibus if darokg420 is into those.
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    Or the Joe Kelly omnibus if darokg420 is into those.
    Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    Thanks for your feed backs guys. I have done my own little research too, And like what you two have said those to are the most recommended Deadpool volumes. Another question, why does "Merc with a Mouth" have more negative than positive feed backs from the community? Is it that bad?

Deadpool Kills The Marvel Universe, Deadpool Kills Deadpool and Night Of The Living Deadpool are all entertaining 4 issue minis.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

I'd recommend 3 omniboo to read, Joe Kelly Deadpool omni, Cable&Deadpool Omnibus and the Deadpool Minibus. That covers my favorite Deadpool sstuff. The cureent stuff also becomes very good after the Good the Bad and The Ugly arc.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47