Page 27 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Avengers arena is about a bunch of teenage heroes (some old, some new) getting abducted by Arcade (who has been kind of rebooted and is now a major badass) and forced to do a Hunger Games-ish battle royale to the death. Darkhawk is in it too (others include 2 Runaways, Cammi, partner of Drax the Detroyer, some X-school kids, some Avengers Academy kids and some newly created characters, I'm sure I'm forgetting some). It sounds as a horrible premise but it's perfectly executed.

my personal faves currently are:
    Cyclops (currently by Rucka but he leaves soon
    Superior foes of spider-man (also nearing its end)
    X-Force
    Moon knight (every issue is self contained)
    Thor god of thunder
    Magneto
    Rocket Racoon

hope my blabbering helped a bit.
    Thank you! This has helped a lot! I have some questions though. I had no idea there was a new Moon Knight series. I really liked Bendis' series, even though it was short lived. I haven't read Age of Ultron but is it true that he had a vital role in that or am I mistaken? And by self contained do you mean that every issue is a new story? I can get behind that.

I've never been a fan of Cyclops but I'm a HUGE fan of Greg Rucka...that might be interesting to try out.

What happens in Magneto's book? He seems like such a huge character, hard to imagine him having his own series.

EDIT: Sorry if I'm asking a lot of dumb questions

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Some of the characters in it are from Avengers Academy, such as Hazmat, Mettle, Reptil, and X-23.
    Cool, thanks man! I'm definitely checking the series out plus the spin off. How many trades are out right now?

Quote Originally Posted by GrandKaiser View Post
    Cool, thanks man! I'm definitely checking the series out plus the spin off. How many trades are out right now?
    Not to many I think, Arena only made it to issue 18 and Undercover is ending at issue 10 tomorrow. So in total probably about 5 trades. Although Darkhawk is not in Undercover, for some reason I never actually understood.

Here's what I am reading/will be reading in Marvel(just felt like adding this since others were putting up their lists).

Avengers & X-men: Axis
    All-new X-men
    Uncanny X-men
    All-new X-factor
    Uncanny Avengers
    Avengers Undercover
    Mighty Avengers(Soon to be Captain America and the Mighty Avengers)
    Guardians of the Galaxy
    All-new Captain America
    Ms. Marvel
    Loki: Agent of Asgard
    All-new Ghost Rider
    Miles Morales: Ultimate Spiderman
    Nova
    Last edited by sifighter; 09-09-2014 at 02:20 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

BANNED

Not to many I think, Arena only made it to issue 18 and Undercover is ending at issue 10 tomorrow. So in total probably about 5 trades. Although Darkhawk is not in Undercover, for some reason I never actually understood.
    Hm, maybe they have something else planned for him. I've found two Avengers Arena trades on Amazon, I believe it's the entire series. I'll see how long I can wait for Avengers Undercover. I might just grab all the issues at once haha. Thanks again!

Amazing Member

i used to not be a big fan of cyclops either, but i have become one after reading Bendis's Uncanny X-men, the x-men titles like the Avengers titles can get confusing, but i do recommend Uncanny X-men, The new Amazing Spider man would be good too its only on like issue 4, there is a new Superior iron-man coming out which i am gonna check out, also there is going to be a new avengers book titled Captain America and the Mighty Avengers which will have Sam Wilson(falcon) as Cap leading a group of Avengers, so if i were you i might would check out these new titles coming out and when you can grab a few Trade Paper backs on some of the more established stuff like uncanny xmen and avengers/new avengers to catch up on those

Amazing Member

also you can get a lot of the trades on your ipad or tablet or whatever, thats a good way to catch up on stuff

Thank you! This has helped a lot! I have some questions though. I had no idea there was a new Moon Knight series. I really liked Bendis' series, even though it was short lived. I haven't read Age of Ultron but is it true that he had a vital role in that or am I mistaken? And by self contained do you mean that every issue is a new story? I can get behind that.

I've never been a fan of Cyclops but I'm a HUGE fan of Greg Rucka...that might be interesting to try out.

What happens in Magneto's book? He seems like such a huge character, hard to imagine him having his own series.

Regarding your questions in this post:

1. Moon Knight is one and done stories. There's no need to worry about continuity.

2. Cyclops by Rucka was great. Without spoiling too much it focuses on the Scott from the past who is currently in the present.

3. Magneto's solo is him going after those who are harming mutants and taking them out. It's written by Cullen Bunn and it has a nice blend of flashbacks to help provide perspective for Magneto's methods. It also explores his power reduction and is about to tie in heavily into AXIS.

Amazing Member

if you like the X-men and like the more old fashioned team mission style books that dont have a whole lot to do with MU continuity Amazing X-men would be good also its pretty new and only in like issue number 10 i think

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Moon Knight has a new self contained story every issue, yes (At least, Ellis did it the first 6 issues, it's now at #7 and Brian Wood has taken over but he said he wanted to stick tp the formula). And I haven't read Age of Ultron either. Cyclops is about a younger Cyclops (a Cyclops from the past who is 16 years old and just met Prof X and such) traveling with his father Corsair in space. It's pretty awesome. Magneto is written by Cullen Bunn and is about Magneto taking revenge on some people. And don't worry about the questions, that's what the board is for
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Oh and if you don't might reading comics on a screen you might want to look into Marbel Unlimited. It can save you tons of money
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

BANNED

Here's what I am reading/will be reading in Marvel(just felt like adding this since others were putting up their lists).

Avengers & X-men: Axis
    All-new X-men
    Uncanny X-men
    All-new X-factor
    Uncanny Avengers
    Avengers Undercover
    Mighty Avengers(Soon to be Captain America and the Mighty Avengers)
    Guardians of the Galaxy
    All-new Captain America
    Ms. Marvel
    Loki: Agent of Asgard
    All-new Ghost Rider
    Miles Morales: Ultimate Spiderman
    Nova
    Awesome! Thanks for this list man!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Regarding your questions in this post:

1. Moon Knight is one and done stories. There's no need to worry about continuity.

2. Cyclops by Rucka was great. Without spoiling too much it focuses on the Scott from the past who is currently in the present.

3. Magneto's solo is him going after those who are harming mutants and taking them out. It's written by Cullen Bunn and it has a nice blend of flashbacks to help provide perspective for Magneto's methods. It also explores his power reduction and is about to tie in heavily into AXIS.
    Thanks man! Magneto sounds awesome.

BANNED

Moon Knight has a new self contained story every issue, yes (At least, Ellis did it the first 6 issues, it's now at #7 and Brian Wood has taken over but he said he wanted to stick tp the formula). And I haven't read Age of Ultron either. Cyclops is about a younger Cyclops (a Cyclops from the past who is 16 years old and just met Prof X and such) traveling with his father Corsair in space. It's pretty awesome. Magneto is written by Cullen Bunn and is about Magneto taking revenge on some people. And don't worry about the questions, that's what the board is for
    Thanks dude! I thought by Cyclops you meant present day Cyclops, who seems like a real piece of work. I'll check out Cyclops and Magneto for sure.

Thanks man! Magneto sounds awesome.
    Oh it's one of the best books in the X-line currently. Best part is how it's left to you to determine if he's a hero or not.

BANNED

Oh and if you don't might reading comics on a screen you might want to look into Marbel Unlimited. It can save you tons of money
    Not a fan of digital comics but I am a fan of saving money. I'll look into it, thanks!