Page 51 of 73 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    Is All New, All Different Avengers any good, so far? Haven't heard too much about it but recently found out Waids writing it.
    I really like Miles, Nova and Kamala in this book. I think its my favorite title now and I didn't purchase right from the start…I stopped pulling most of my DC titles and wanted to try out a few different things.

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    Is All New, All Different Avengers any good, so far? Haven't heard too much about it but recently found out Waids writing it.
    I like it a lot. It's got a bit of an old-school vibe to it. True team-up book, and you don't need to be reading the individual character's solo books to know what's going on.
    "Magneto, you ARE the father!"

Trying to get into the Inhumans main group (Black Bolt, Medusa, Karnak, Crystal, Triton, Gorgon, and Maximus.) and don't know where to continue. I read the 1998 12 issue series but I don't know where to go now.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DarthCaedus View Post
    Trying to get into the Inhumans main group (Black Bolt, Medusa, Karnak, Crystal, Triton, Gorgon, and Maximus.) and don't know where to continue. I read the 1998 12 issue series but I don't know where to go now.
    I always liked Secret Invasion:Inhumans ,and the follow-up War of Kings.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthCaedus View Post
    You can start with the Inhumanity event from a couple of years ago (no main Inhuman book, but the rest of the Marvel 'verse reacting to something Black Bolt did) and then on to the Inhuman book from 2014 which leads into the Secret Wards mini Atillan Rising and the new books, Uncanny Inhumans and All-New Inhumans.

That pretty much covers the last couple of years since the Inhumans were brought back to prominence. If you're looking for classic stories, The One and Only's suggestions are a good place to start.
    "Magneto, you ARE the father!"

Thanks for the help guys. I have Marvel Unlimited so I probably start at the Secret Invasion tie in.

BANNED

Whenever I get into a conversation involving great Avengers books, I usually can't say much because the only Avengers books I ever read were The New Avengers by Brian Michael Bendis, The Ultimates by Mark Millar & Avengers by Johnathan Hickman. (Sidenote: I'm not counting books like Secret, Uncanny, Dark or Young.)

So I don't know hardly anything about extensive history about The Avengers. Hell, I didn't even know that Pym was abusive long before The Ultimates. I'm pretty sure there's more to The Avengers than those two runs right? Soooo what recommendations do you have for me?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpunk Ronin View Post
    Whenever I get into a conversation involving great Avengers books, I usually can't say much because the only Avengers books I ever read were The New Avengers by Brian Michael Bendis, The Ultimates by Mark Millar & Avengers by Johnathan Hickman. (Sidenote: I'm not counting books like Secret, Uncanny, Dark or Young.)

So I don't know hardly anything about extensive history about The Avengers. Hell, I didn't even know that Pym was abusive long before The Ultimates. I'm pretty sure there's more to The Avengers than those two runs right? Soooo what recommendations do you have for me?
    How are you with reading comics from the 1960's & 1970's? That's where the best runs are, although there are good stories
    in all eras. I'll be glad to direct you to the cream of the crop if you're able to enjoy the older style.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Thomas View Post
    How are you with reading comics from the 1960's & 1970's? That's where the best runs are, although there are good stories
    in all eras. I'll be glad to direct you to the cream of the crop if you're able to enjoy the older style.

I'm very open to older stuff. I've reading a lot of Marvel's Silver Age stuff lately like Doctor Strange and X-Men. I love it.

Hey guys, I'm looking for some Night Thrasher and Ben Reilly stuffs, specially a writer's whole take on them. Can you give me some recommendations? For Night Thrasher, it doesn't matter whether it is solo or New Warriors stuff by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Solid Snake View Post
    Hey guys, I'm looking for some Night Thrasher and Ben Reilly stuffs, specially a writer's whole take on them. Can you give me some recommendations? For Night Thrasher, it doesn't matter whether it is solo or New Warriors stuff by the way.
    Anyone?

(20 chars...)

I'm only 15 issues in but I say read Nicieza and Bagley's New Warriors
    We need better comics

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Solid Snake View Post
    The best Night Trasher stories are from New Warriors (original series) at least from my perspective - I recently picked up the omnibus and while somethings feel a bit dated - the stories in general are quite good.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpunk Ronin View Post
    I'm very open to older stuff. I've reading a lot of Marvel's Silver Age stuff lately like Doctor Strange and X-Men. I love it.
    If you like Dr Strange then you should try Defenders - its worth giving them a try. As for the Xmen - the best stories are from Claremont during the 70s and 80s in my opinion - try the classic New Mutants as well and don't miss out on the mini-series that appeared during this time - Beast, Kitty Pryde and Wolverine, Wolverine (mini-series solo by Frank Miller and Claremont) and Longshot.

UltimateTy and magisensei, thanks guys!