Page 56 of 73 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast

Hello guys, what do you think is considered one of the best if not the best Ghost Rider stories/crossovers/arc/events?

Quote Originally Posted by PeterBatmanSuparmanParker View Post
    Hello guys, what do you think is considered one of the best if not the best Ghost Rider stories/crossovers/arc/events?
    Really depends on what Ghost Rider you like.

For me, the only true Ghost Rider is the original(Johnny Blaze).

I also prefer my Ghost Rider in a team format(and the original Champions was a lot of fun for that, in a '70s fashion).

Here would be my recommendations(with emphasis on the bold ones)

The New Fantastic Four: Monsters Unleashed [Features a "new" Fantastic Four consisting of Ghost Rider, The Hulk, Wolverine and Spider-Man]. (trade paperback, 1992; reprints Fantastic Four #347–349)
    Essential Ghost Rider Vol. 1 (trade paperback, 2005; reprints Marvel Spotlight # 5–12, Ghost Rider Vol. 2 #1–20 and Daredevil #138)

Essential Ghost Rider Vol. 2 (trade paperback, 2007; reprints Ghost Rider Vol. 2 #21–50.)
    Essential Ghost Rider Vol. 3 (trade paperback, 2009; reprints Ghost Rider Vol. 2#51–65, Avengers #214, Marvel Two-In-One #80)
    Essential Ghost Rider Vol. 4 (trade paperback, 2010; reprints Ghost Rider Vol. 2#66–81, Amazing Spider-Man #274 and New Defenders #145 and 146)
    Ghost Rider Team-Up (trade paperback, 2007 ; reprints Marvel Team-Up #91, Marvel Two-in-One #80, Marvel Premiere #28, Avengers #214 and Ghost Rider #27 & #50.)
    Champions Classic Vol. 1 (trade paperback; reprints Champions #1–11.)
    Champions Classic Vol. 2 (trade paperback; reprints Champions #12–17, Iron Man Annual #4, Avengers #163, Super-Villain Team-Up #14, and Peter Parker, the Spectacular Spider-Man #17–18.)

Incredible Member

GHOST RIDER/PUNISHER/WOLVERINE:Hearts of Darkness-prestige format book, featuring the Ghost Rider that got me into the character, Danny Ketch. Written by Howard Mackie and art by John Romita Jr. and Klaus Janson.
    GHOST RIDER/PUNISHER/WOLVERINE:Dark Design-the sequel to Hearts of Darkness, written by Howard Mackie, and Ron Garney performing art duties.
    RISE OF THE MIDNIGHT SONS-kicking off the fan favorite Marvel Horror themed Midnight Sons line. Ghost Rider and Johnny Blaze must gather the Midnight Sons, Frank Drake, Blade, Hannibal King(the Nightstalkers), the Darkhold Redeemers, and Morbius:The Living Vampire, to combat Lilith, Mother of Demons, and her children, the Lilin. A group of villians that would do 80's horror proud.
    GHOST RIDER/CAPTAIN AMERICA:FEAR-written by Howard Mackie with superb art by Lee Weeks. Picking up on a dangling plot thread left in issue seven of Ghost Rider's seventh issue. The thought to be dead psycho contortionist, the Scarecrow, was recovered by the organization known as the Firm. Operating the nutjob, they alter his body to produce a pheromone that induces panic attacks on any person around him. Also it cranks up his adrenal gland to boost his strength. He gets out of the Firm's custody ,and continues his killing spree in search of the guy who stopped his earlier killing spree, Captain America.
    MIDNIGHT MASSACRE-all is not happy with the Midnight Sons, Blade, now a member of the Nightstalkers, a team dedicated to taking down the supernatural, is not happy with the alliance with characters like Ghost Rider, and Morbius. Eric Brooks thinks the backroom deals with individuals representing the occult he Frank Drake and Hannibal King have vowed to take down is the worst idea ever. Enter a page from the Book of Sins, the Darkhold(something CARNAGE fans are quite familiar with at the moment), which offers a way to wipe out the occult. Reading the spell gives Blade the ability to absorb the occult abilities of anyone who ends up in his crosshairs. Becoming more powerful as the body count rises, pitting him against the rest of the Midnight Sons.

Spectacular Member

i would recommend Doctor Strange and Black Panther they are really good books !!
    Quote Originally Posted by Global Honored View Post
    New to Marvel? Just getting into a character or team and want to read back over their best back issues? Need to know where to start or what collections to pick up?

Well here is the best place to ask for MARVEL recommendations and also give your input on comics you dig and think other fans will too.

Proceed with the requests and recommendations!

Spectacular Member

Doctor Strange - masterworks volume 1 , 2 , 3
    Luck Cage - Masterworks volume 1
    Original Sin - graphic novel

I'm a new Moon Knight reader. The short run of Warren Ellis was amazing. Should I continue with the series? I'd also appreciate some good recommendations.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Beorg View Post
    I'm a new Moon Knight reader. The short run of Warren Ellis was amazing. Should I continue with the series? I'd also appreciate some good recommendations.
    Definitely continue! Bunn's run is solid.

I strongly endorse the Huston Moon Knight run from the mid-00s. It was gritty and utterly page-turning.

However, I'd say Ellis's run almost aligns better with early Moon Knight. If you dig 70s comics, pick up one of his Epic Collections.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Many thanks!

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Sorry, should have said: Both Wood & Bunn's run were solid.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Anyone who can list the reading order for Spider Verse? The stuff I find is all over the place and nothing concrete.

I don't read many Marvel Books - the last series I followed was Ellis' Moon Knight, of 2014. Very good reading.
    Now, I am very interested and will buy Great Lake Avengers, this october. This book made me interested in another title, one that I've heard a lot about. So... what you can tell me about Squirrel girl? Is it that entertaining? Is the book stand-alone or requires you to follow or, at least know, more about the Marvel Universe? Intelligent humor, or body-noise-and-fluids humor?

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by FlictsLantern View Post
    I don't read many Marvel Books - the last series I followed was Ellis' Moon Knight, of 2014. Very good reading.
    Now, I am very interested and will buy Great Lake Avengers, this october. This book made me interested in another title, one that I've heard a lot about. So... what you can tell me about Squirrel girl? Is it that entertaining? Is the book stand-alone or requires you to follow or, at least know, more about the Marvel Universe? Intelligent humor, or body-noise-and-fluids humor?

Thanks in advance
    Squirrel Girl is pretty self-contatined. It operates sorta on its own, and doesn't interact with any other books out there, except for a two-part crossover with Howard the Duck. You can jump in and read it without knowing much about anything in the Marvel Universe (in fact, there's a in-book plot device that helps you out in this aspect). There's two volumes, one before and one after Secret Wars that is still ongoing. The humor is pretty intelligent; Doreen's a computer science student, and her studies frequently pop up as solutions to whatever problems she's facing (this was done to great effect her last issue, actually). And if you do like it, consider reading Howard the Duck's last two volumes too, as they're in the same vibe.
    "Magneto, you ARE the father!"

FrogCoin

X-Men seems to be scattered around at the moment, what was the next major story arc following Black Vortex?

Quote Originally Posted by Beorg View Post
    Anyone who can list the reading order for Spider Verse? The stuff I find is all over the place and nothing concrete.
    Try this one.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by FrogCoin View Post
    X-Men seems to be scattered around at the moment, what was the next major story arc following Black Vortex?
    There wasn't another "big" story in X-Men after Black Vortex, as that was relatively close to the end of all of the titles in Marvel Now. I suppose if you're looking at what to read next you ought to finish All-New X-Men and then read the final arc in UXM.

The next big cross-title arc in X-books was "Apocalypse Wars in the All-New All-Different books.

Amazing Member

Default New to Marvel

So I have been reading comics for about 5 years now but it has been almost exclusively DC Comics. I feel like the characters in the Marvel Universe are cool but all of the stories are so interconnected I have never known where to start. I have read Grant Morrison's X-Men and Ultimate Spider-Man but otherwise have not read any Marvel Stories. I would like to start reading and I'm wondering what the best Marvel Comics to read are? Any character is fine as long as the story is good. Any advice would be very much appreciated