Page 58 of 73 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    comicbookroundup is the imdb for comics. But they seem to give most Marvel books high scores, so don't take it too seriously lol

Both Cap books are godawful, they're almost unreadable to me (just my opinion). If you want legit good Cap stuff, almost anything from 2000-2010 era will be a good read.

The Ultimates book is decent.

X-Men and Spider-Man are both on a huge decline, nothing interesting there at all.
    Wat? other than the arguably weak first arc of Sam Wilson, both books are great, The Sam Wilson series goes into the downside of being Captain America, everyone expects you to agree with them, he is likely the biggest victim of the news in the marvel universe, almost Spider-man-ish in a way. Steve Roger's series is basicly a in-universe what-if, Spencer's writing had me on the edge of my seat anticipating what would happen.

I would argue that, given enough time, Spencer's Captain America run could overshadow Brubaker's run. Though I would have to read through Brubaker's run all the way through instead of the snippets I have read.

BANNED

TobyRobles :
    I would love to read some Captain America, for example, but I see there's Sam Wilson and Steve Rogers, (what's going on there?, should I buy both? )
    Both books and Uncanny Avengers and Thunderbolts are linked and they good or great.
    Cap America Steve Rogers is great from very first issue
    Uncanny Avengers are great during and after Avengers Standoff event. They have good starting point in issue 15
    Cap America Sam Wilson is very good after first arc

What about X-Men and Spider-Man?
    I love X men but Avengers are better right now. X men team books are waiting for IvX and have unimportant stories.
    They have very good solo series but team books are weaker
    Uncanny Avengers are the best X men book right now

All-New Member

I am new to marvel comics. Old Man Logan captured my interest. Would you recommend that to a newbie like me?

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Bat View Post
    I am new to marvel comics. Old Man Logan captured my interest. Would you recommend that to a newbie like me?
    Absolutely. Brilliantly written and the art is amazing.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by ian0delond View Post
    Old Man Logan is also an interesting book.
    OML is the best out of those.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Absolutely. Brilliantly written and the art is amazing.
    Thank you! Won't I be confused even if I am very ignorant regarding continuities and other stuff like that?

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

I'm enjoying POWER MAN AND IRON FIST a lot (currently at #2) is there another ongoing like it right now? Same with current Spider-Woman, anything like it on the shelves?

Really would love a book with a roadtrip feel to it (like let's say Green Arrow Archer's Quest) but on the Marvel side. Doesn't matter if its old or ongoing.

All-New Member

I just finished reading Mark Millar's Old Man Logan. It was very good.

What should I read next, guys? Can I just continue with Jeff Lemire's Old Man Logan? Or should I read first the Secret Wars' miniseries of Old Man Logan?

Skip the Bendis mini.

I just finished reading Mark Millar's Old Man Logan. It was very good.

What should I read next, guys? Can I just continue with Jeff Lemire's Old Man Logan? Or should I read first the Secret Wars' miniseries of Old Man Logan?
    Yeah, like ian said, skip the mini and go right to the current series.

BTW, if you enjoy Lemire's writing, I would recommend reading his Green Arrow run. It's superb.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by ian0delond View Post
    Skip the Bendis mini.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Yeah, like ian said, skip the mini and go right to the current series.

BTW, if you enjoy Lemire's writing, I would recommend reading his Green Arrow run. It's superb.
    Do you mean his run during new 52? If so, yeah, I agree. That was superb. I read that a long time ago.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Thank you.

Do you mean his run during new 52? If so, yeah, I agree. That was superb. I read that a long time ago.
    Jeff Lemire's Moon Knight or Warren Ellis' MK or MK in general

Thank you.

Yep, that was the run I was referring to. And I'm not a GA fan at all. I just got it because I tend to like Lemire's writing and I was not disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    I have not read Lemire's MK. Is it really that good? MK is another character that I've never been able to get into.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Thank you.

I don't have any knowledge about Moon Knight. Is it a good idea for me to start with Jeff Lemire's run?