Page 59 of 73 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast

You can start with Ellis' run. It's only one trade and only use two "persona" the classic one and a new one, Mr Knight.

Lemire's run is more complicated because it is from the main character point of view, and that character has multiple personalities and may or may not have hallucinations. It may not be a great fist step. Plus first trade is not released yet.

So Ellis run then next month try Lemire's.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by ian0delond View Post
    You can start with Ellis' run. It's only one trade and only use two "persona" the classic one and a new one, Mr Knight.

Lemire's run is more complicated because it is from the main character point of view, and that character has multiple personalities and may or may not have hallucinations. It may not be a great fist step. Plus first trade is not released yet.

So Ellis run then next month try Lemire's.
    Thank you so much.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    I have not read Lemire's MK. Is it really that good? MK is another character that I've never been able to get into.
    Just imagine what if Batman were REALLY crazy and you have MK. I've read Charlie Huston' s MK run (drawn by David Finch like your Avatar) where he puts down "his Joker". You can skip Bendis' MK, Ellis' is great and I've read great things about Lemire's MK but tradewait it. I was not able to get into 80s Doug Moench MK but Moench's stuff is drawn by the great Klaus Janson.

I'm familiar with the Inhumans but have not read Uncanny or All-New.

There is a sale on both (Vol 1 n Vol 2)...which one do you recommend?

Or are both worth getting?

Quote Originally Posted by T.S. View Post
    I'm familiar with the Inhumans but have not read Uncanny or All-New.

There is a sale on both (Vol 1 n Vol 2)...which one do you recommend?

Or are both worth getting?
    Uncanny follows the royal family, mostly Medusa and Black Bolt. All-New followed the new Inhumans (NuHumans) created by the Terrigan cloud. This book has Crystal in it.

Both are/were very good, but if I had to pick one I would pick Uncanny. Both are very good and they both serve a bigger Inhumans story that's going on.
    "Magneto, you ARE the father!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sans Simian View Post
    Uncanny follows the royal family, mostly Medusa and Black Bolt. All-New followed the new Inhumans (NuHumans) created by the Terrigan cloud. This book has Crystal in it.

Both are/were very good, but if I had to pick one I would pick Uncanny. Both are very good and they both serve a bigger Inhumans story that's going on.
    Thanks, San. Appreciate the reply.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Just imagine what if Batman were REALLY crazy and you have MK. I've read Charlie Huston' s MK run (drawn by David Finch like your Avatar) where he puts down "his Joker". You can skip Bendis' MK, Ellis' is great and I've read great things about Lemire's MK but tradewait it. I was not able to get into 80s Doug Moench MK but Moench's stuff is drawn by the great Klaus Janson.
    Thanks! I've never really been a fan of MK but I'll check some of this out.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

I actually just picked up a copy of the ongoing Doctor Strange series. I hadn't bought a comic in nearly a decade but thought why not? The art looked cool, and with the movie coming out, not to mention having never read Doctor Strange before I thought it would be worth a try. It was a fun read and looked really good, but then I was a big fan of Chris Bachalo from his days on Generation X. Anyway, I wrote a little review of the issue here: https://sirmarkussite.wordpress.com/...-12-in-review/
    I even included a screenshot of the art side by side with a preview I'd received(which was my #1 incentive to buy the issue).

All-New Member

I don't know whether this is the right thread to ask this question but I'm trying to start getting into reading comics (not necessary just Marvel) and am more or less completely unsure where and how to begin. I mostly know Marvel content from the movies out there but already attempted to get into the comics themselves several times before. Every time I tried I either got bored by the story or soon lost track as too many unfamiliar faces showed up without a proper introduction. So my question is: How to approach reading comics as a beginner in general?

BANNED

ComicsNewbie:
    Solo series of Your favorite hero? This sounds like something for You.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    ComicsNewbie:
    Solo series of Your favorite hero? This sounds like something for You.
    I don't really have a favorite hero yet. My favorite Marvel movie would be Iron Man. Comics I tried so far were an Avengers series and Guardians of the Galaxy/Legendary Star-Lord.

BANNED

ComicsNewbie:
    I agree that these movies are very good. but for some reason i never wanted to read comics about them after movie

Maybe You should start with some series about Deadpool (Kelly run or Duggan run - if Duggan ignore first arc or start with http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/The_Goo...,_and_the_Ugly)

Vision solo series?
    All New Wolverine?
    Thor: God of Thunder?
    Superior Spider-man?
    Moon Knight?
    Uncanny X-Force by Remender?

I can tell that i had easier. I really like Rogue from X-men and i started with comics about her (Uncanny X-men 171-247). Then i have read X-men events. I understood then that i was completly wrong about X-men .

I was unhappy with ANAD X-men team books so i started reading Avengers and i really had fun with Hickman run(Avengers, New Avengers) and Secret Wars, Cap America Steve Rogers, Vision plus few more.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicsNewbie View Post
    I don't know whether this is the right thread to ask this question but I'm trying to start getting into reading comics (not necessary just Marvel) and am more or less completely unsure where and how to begin. I mostly know Marvel content from the movies out there but already attempted to get into the comics themselves several times before. Every time I tried I either got bored by the story or soon lost track as too many unfamiliar faces showed up without a proper introduction. So my question is: How to approach reading comics as a beginner in general?
    I think it is better to start with something in its own universe or at least distant from the main stuffs with a lot of characters from DC or Marvel. A creator owned comics from Image can be a good introduction to comics for instance. And because super-heroes is a weird genre, it can be easier to look at other genres at first like crime or horror.

From Marvel, Xelossik list is good, you can add Runaways is a classic entry point or Ms Marvel from 2014 as possible reads.
    Fables, is a book about characters from various stories living in the real world.
    The books by Brubaker/Phillips are good crime/noir stories.
    From DC, I can think of Gotham Central, it happens in Gotham City but from the point of view of cops.

BANNED

ian0delond :
    Ms Marvel from 2014 as possible reads.
    true i should add this title

i would love to add Cap America Steve Rogers and Uncanny Avengers but i don't think that Cap solo is good for new readers:P

Anything by Walt and Louise Simonson.