Page 63 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1353596061626364656667 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

Hello everyone,

I would like to read something abour Franklin Richards. However, I know very little about him, and therefore I have no idea which comics should be read - if any at all ? Ideally something origin perhaps, and something where he lights everything up ?

Does it exist, or...?

Thanks in advance.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lynild View Post
    Hello everyone,

I would like to read something abour Franklin Richards. However, I know very little about him, and therefore I have no idea which comics should be read - if any at all ? Ideally something origin perhaps, and something where he lights everything up ?

Does it exist, or...?

Thanks in advance.
    I would suggest Hickman's FF run
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

If you want a really fun single issue try Guardians of the Galaxy 16. It's written in a really different style than a lot of books. It's not heavy reading, but it was enjoyable. http://wp.me/p81uZL-7d

Amazing Member

Speaking of Guardians of the Galaxy, Duggan's run has only seen three issues out so far, but #3 was my favorite issue I've read all year. The first two issues were phenomenal as well. Go read it. Hop on this bandwagon. This looks like it will be a special run.
    MARVEL - All-New Guardians of the Galaxy, X-Men Gold, Thanos, Hawkeye (trade)
    DC - Doom Patrol, Cave Carson Has A Cybernetic Eye, Shade the Changing Girl, Mother Panic, Bug!: The Adventures of Forager, Mister Miracle
    Non-Big Two - Forever waiting on another arc of The Umbrella Academy, I Hate Fairyland (trade)

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Just one question from myself: Where does LOGAN come from? Real name is James Howlett, no? Is there a tale behind it?

Hello everyone,

Does it exist, or...?

Thanks in advance.
    My favourite issue about Franklin is Fantastic Four #245 by Byrne although it's not quite the Franklin that you might be used to.....

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Just one question from myself: Where does LOGAN come from? Real name is James Howlett, no? Is there a tale behind it?
    The story is Origin by Paul Jenkins, written in 2001. It was one of the first comics I ever read. Definitely recommend it.
    Currently Reading:
    MARVEL - Fantastic Four, She-Hulk, Hulk vs Thor: Banner of War
    DC - Batman: Shadow War, Batman: Beyond the White Knight, World's Finest
    Dark Horse Koschei the Deathless in Hell
    Other

All-New Member

Hello again everyone,

So I got through most of the FF and F4 comics with Franklin Richards which were awesome. Thank you!
    But now I have my eyes on The Hulk as the next project. I know enough about his origin story, so that does not interest me that much. However, I would really like to read something where he goes batshit crazy, and becomes almost unstoppable (if that exist at all?). I was thinking that World War Hulk and World Breaker Hulk might be the way to go. But I don't know if he can get even more crazy ? In addition, what are the issues to read. There seem to be a few around, but I'm not sure how it all entangles. I saw a few snippets of him fighting Sentry, and "easily" beating him. That's kind of the thing I'm looking at

Also, are there any Adam Warlock origin stories out there ? In Infinity Gauntlet he is pretty much the one that saves everyone (if I remember correctly). However, I'm not sure that is how it will happen in the movie version. But still, I had no background story of Adam Warlock when reading the Infinity Gauntlet, so that would also be awesome.

So yeah, any help appreciated.

Regards
    Last edited by Lynild; 07-29-2017 at 12:43 PM.

Hello again everyone,

So I got through most of the FF and F4 comics with Franklin Richards which were awesome. Thank you!
    But now I have my eyes on The Hulk as the next project. I know enough about his origin story, so that does not interest me that much. However, I would really like to read something where he goes batshit crazy, and becomes almost unstoppable (if that exist at all?). I was thinking that World War Hulk and World Breaker Hulk might be the way to go. But I don't know if he can get even more crazy ? In addition, what are the issues to read. There seem to be a few around, but I'm not sure how it all entangles. I saw a few snippets of him fighting Sentry, and "easily" beating him. That's kind of the thing I'm looking at

Also, are there any Adam Warlock origin stories out there ? In Infinity Gauntlet he is pretty much the one that saves everyone (if I remember correctly). However, I'm not sure that is how it will happen in the movie version. But still, I had no background story of Adam Warlock when reading the Infinity Gauntlet, so that would also be awesome.

Regards
    For Adam Warlock, I would look at Marvel Masterworks: Warlock Vol. 1 & 2 TPBs or HCs.

Volume 2 contains "The Warlock Saga" written by Jim Starlin (who also wrote the Infinity Gauntlet) and is basically a prequel to the Infinity Gauntlet. It also has a detailed summary as to Warlock's origins. Now if you would like to read his origin story then you can read Volume 1.

If you cannot find the Marvel Masterworks you can also check out the Warlock by Jim Starlin TBP (for the Warlock Saga) or the Essential Warlock TBP vol. 1 which compiles them all but is in Black & White rather than in color.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Hello again everyone,

Regards
    I would HIGHLY recommend Planet Hulk and WW Hulk. Both of which are coming out in omnibus format (PH on September 5th and WW Hulk on October 3rd).
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

BANNED

I don't even know where to start when it comes to Marvel anymore. The last time i read Marvel Comics: Peter was Tony Stark-lite, DD had a sidekick, OML was in the 616, Black Knight had a solo, Doom was cured? and Marc was in a psychiatric hospital (I missed Ellis and Bunn) Marvel repeatedly changes things around so it's hard to keep up. But in some twisted way i want to get back into Marvel. Any books i should check out?

The only that changed since is the status of DD's sidekick and Black Knight got cancelled at issue 5 or 6.

You can read OML. It's not going anywhere soon.
    Last edited by ian0delond; 08-08-2017 at 11:50 AM.

All-New Member

-Uncanny Avengers by Gerry Duggan (Volumes 2-4)
    -All New Wolverine by Tom Taylor
    -Hawkeye by Matt Fraction and David Aja Omnibus
    -Wolverine and the X-Men by Jason Aaron Omnibus
    -Mighty Thor by Jason Aaron and Russel Dauterman
    -Guardians of the Galaxy by Gerry Duggan
    -Vision by Tom King and Gabriel Hernandez Walta
    -Spectacular Spider-Man by Chip Zdarsky
    -All New X-Men by Brian Michael Bendis OHC (Volumes 1-2)

AllNew52RebirthNow

hello, im basically new to marvel comics. only thing i have read is spiderverse, civil war, and a bit of Marvels. i heard that Marvel Now is basically marvel's new 52, but marvel now seems so be over? is marvel now 2.0 a new starting off point? my biggest question is, where do i start reading marvel comics without reading hundreds of back issues? i do plan on reading civil war 2, but what do i need to know about that? do i start with marvel now 2.0? secret wars? plz help

Quote Originally Posted by AllNew52RebirthNow View Post
    hello, im basically new to marvel comics. only thing i have read is spiderverse, civil war, and a bit of Marvels. i heard that Marvel Now is basically marvel's new 52, but marvel now seems so be over? is marvel now 2.0 a new starting off point? my biggest question is, where do i start reading marvel comics without reading hundreds of back issues? i do plan on reading civil war 2, but what do i need to know about that? do i start with marvel now 2.0? secret wars? plz help
    Welcome aboard! Marvel's a tricky thing, because there have been a lot of starts and stops to titles over the last couple of years. You can start with the upcoming Legacy renumbered titles, or start at Secret Wars, and go forward, because that's where the current storylines have come from.

event wise, you're looking at Secret Wars -> Civil War II -> Secret Empire. Secret Empire is still going on, but it's pretty easy to see what books are affected by the storyline, and the ones that aren't.

I would highly advise to start reading the titles of the character(s) you like the most, starting with the current #1 and going forward to the present (that's about two year's worth of stories post-Secret Wars). that way you're going to be caught up on the current makeup of each character, but not bogged down by years of back-stories. (of course, you can read those too, should you like.)
    "Magneto, you ARE the father!"