Page 67 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1757636465666768697071 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1095

If you're not reading Unbeatable Squirrel Girl then you're missing out on one of the most ridiculously entertaining titles on the shelves.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinXtreme View Post
    I am very new to Marvel comics and ANY comics at all (except manga). I started reading Invincible (2003) and I have been really enjoyed it so far. Does anyone know anything similar to that and not hard to follow?
    Marvel Adventures is a fine line up of comics to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Sethdean0 View Post
    I LOVE the whole Runaways series personally
    And this.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Is anybody reading both Ewing’s Immortal Hulk and Cates’ Venom? Subjective I know, but which would you say is the better book?

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    Is anybody reading both Ewing’s Immortal Hulk and Cates’ Venom? Subjective I know, but which would you say is the better book?
    I've been reading both. I prefer Hulk and do think it's the better book overall. But then I'm a huge Hulk fan.

That being said, Venom has been great. Easily my second favorite thing Marvel is putting out right now.

If you like your books a bit darker, psychological, and horror-esque both Immortal Hulk and Venom are must-haves.

I recently subscribed to marvel unlimited.
    What comics will you recommend I check up?
    There are so many comics... I am at a loss.
    What is generally good?

Well, to start out with, you could check out a really good little series like Hawkeye (2012), Elektra (2014), or Black Widow (2016).

If you want to jump into something bigger, you could check out Jonathan Hickman's awesome Marvel saga: http://i.imgur.com/X9zUA8X.png

I'm a big fan of Al Ewing's recent Marvel work too, I made a reading guide for it: https://i.imgur.com/5TEdIyu.png

So after the recent issue of Avengers I'd really like to learn more about Namor. I always thought he was a hero, but every time I see him I usually just don't like him very much. He seems like a really complicated character and I just don't understand him at all. I've never asked for recommendations before so if I'm doing this wrong please forgive me.

EDIT: Kinda took it down a notch.
    Last edited by VGCinema; 10-12-2018 at 12:09 PM.

So, I just saw Venom and I really liked his characteristics in that movie, plus the relationship with him an Eddie. I've only ever read old comics Spider-Man vs Venom and they were fine, but I am much more interested in a narrative where Eddie and Venom are allies. Recommendations?

I think Namor: The First Mutant (2011) would be a good place to start. I'm not a big fan of him as a character, but the setting and supporting characters are good. Marvel tried to overcompensate for his mermaid-like qualities by making him super tough, aggressive, and "manly." I really wish they would stop being cowards and just make a mermaid(man) already.

Spectacular Member

What are the best Thunderbolts runs and where do I start?

Quote Originally Posted by chongjasmine View Post
    I recently subscribed to marvel unlimited.
    What comics will you recommend I check up?
    There are so many comics... I am at a loss.
    What is generally good?
    I would like to second this. I'm basically brand new to Marvel comics and I've had an unlimited subscription for a few months, but I'm basically totally overwhelmed. Help!

sunandmoon

I’m new to comics and would like to read the them chronologically - which ones would be the best to start with??

Quote Originally Posted by sunandmoon View Post
    I’m new to comics and would like to read the them chronologically - which ones would be the best to start with??
    That is a LOADED question. What characters interest you? Let's start there.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crossfist View Post
    What are the best Thunderbolts runs and where do I start?
    the original run was the best i recommend that as a starting point

Turn

Quote Originally Posted by sunandmoon View Post
    You could start from the absolute beginning, I would not recommend that however, because very few sources have a good reading order, and most of the early comics don’t exist anymore.

A better starting point would be the Fantastic Four #1. The first comic under the name Marvel Comics, created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby.

I personally started at Fantastic Four #1, and so far I’ve enjoyed most of the comics. Especially the FF and Spider-Man.

Kind regards, https://itrate.co/
    Last edited by Turn; 12-03-2018 at 12:50 AM.