Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 20606667686970
Results 1,036 to 1,045 of 1045
  1. #1036
    Incredible Member jb681131's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by comicstar100 View Post
    I'm just finishing up Hickman's Avengers run. Really enjoyed it. I was looking for other Avengers stories to check out, what are your recommendations?

    The Cosmic Cube Saga (Infinit Gems Saga prequel):
    0. Avengers vs. Thanos
    The Infinit Gems Saga:
    1. Silver Surfer: Rebirth of Thanos
    2. Infinity Gauntlet
    3. Infinity War
    4. Infinity Crusade (2 volumes)
    5. Infinity Abyss

  2. #1037
    Fantastic Member ARkadelphia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    412

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jb681131 View Post
    The Cosmic Cube Saga (Infinit Gems Saga prequel):
    0. Avengers vs. Thanos
    The Infinit Gems Saga:
    1. Silver Surfer: Rebirth of Thanos
    2. Infinity Gauntlet
    3. Infinity War
    4. Infinity Crusade (2 volumes)
    5. Infinity Abyss
    I wouldn’t really call these avengers stories, even the one that has “Avengers” in the title.

    Here are some stories that are more Avengers focused I think, though some possibly too old for a new reader...

    Avengers/Defenders war
    Kreme/Skrull war
    Siege of the mansion
    The Crossing (likely to be an unpopular opinion)
    Ultron Unlimited
    No surrender
    No road home
    “Tell me, are you an Avenger now? The brand is not what it once was” - Mr. Sinister, Uncanny X-Men (2019) #19

  3. #1038
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    627

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    I wouldn’t really call these avengers stories, even the one that has “Avengers” in the title.

    Here are some stories that are more Avengers focused I think, though some possibly too old for a new reader...

    Avengers/Defenders war
    Kreme/Skrull war
    Siege of the mansion
    The Crossing (likely to be an unpopular opinion)
    Ultron Unlimited
    No surrender
    No road home
    I'd also go with:
    OPERATION:GALACTIC STORM.
    AVENGERS/THUNDERBOLTS.

  4. #1039
    Mighty Member K7P5V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    1,648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The One and Only View Post
    I'd also go with:
    OPERATION:GALACTIC STORM.
    AVENGERS/THUNDERBOLTS.
    Great choices. I'll throw in two more:
    The Bride of Ultron
    The Morgan Conquest

  5. #1040
    Fantastic Member ARkadelphia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    412

    Default

    I support all these additions and will also throw in Kang Dynasty for good measure.
    “Tell me, are you an Avenger now? The brand is not what it once was” - Mr. Sinister, Uncanny X-Men (2019) #19

  6. #1041
    Incredible Member Blue22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    735

    Default

    Looking to go back to the days when X-Men and Runaways weren't the only Marvel titles I read. My friends already suggested Strike Force and Savage Avengers.

    I'm a big fan of team books especially ones that involve young heroes, or are just really emotionally and character driven just as much as they are action (Teen Titans was what started me out as a comic fan so I've always had a soft spot for stories like those). So... anyone got anything good for me? It doesn't even have to be a series that's currently going.

  7. #1042
    Mighty Member Electricmastro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    1,221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Looking to go back to the days when X-Men and Runaways weren't the only Marvel titles I read. My friends already suggested Strike Force and Savage Avengers.

    I'm a big fan of team books especially ones that involve young heroes, or are just really emotionally and character driven just as much as they are action (Teen Titans was what started me out as a comic fan so I've always had a soft spot for stories like those). So... anyone got anything good for me? It doesn't even have to be a series that's currently going.

  8. #1043
    Incredible Member Blue22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    735

    Default

    Yeah, New Mutants was definitely on my radar. Was kinda looking for things outside of the X-Men umbrella though. It feels like every time I try to get into Marvel, I just end up gravitating towards them and nothing else.

  9. #1044
    Amazing Member JTHM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    48

    Default

    Strange request:

    During the INFAMOUS (See what I did there?) period when the Inhumans started to pop out everywhere and were basically trying to become the new X-Men there were a lot of books. A lot of these have bad fame and many people just don't want to remember this phase at all but I want to torture myself and see if there is something salvageable in this mess. Do you guys recommend any book from this era of the Inhumans?

  10. #1045
    Mighty Member Electricmastro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    1,221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Yeah, New Mutants was definitely on my radar. Was kinda looking for things outside of the X-Men umbrella though. It feels like every time I try to get into Marvel, I just end up gravitating towards them and nothing else.
    The New Warriors would be a good choice as well.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •