Page 8 of 73 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast
    forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post

Does anyone read multiple comics at a time? Or just stick to one series?
    I read 9 Marvel comics a month (4 free with digital code trading), 3 Image comics and 2 Dc comics every month. And to top that I also read old collections (for example, I'm currently reading the Sleeper omnibus (amazing read by the way))
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Extraordinary Member

Good, you've started well.
    Its your call as to how many comics you read.

Default What Comics Should I Read?

First of all, sorry if this isn't where I'm supposed to put this. I looked around and didn't see anything at all like this.

I'm fairly new to comics, bought Amazing Spiderman #1-2, about a month ago and am thinking about getting into some others. (I did get two of the LEGO variants) However, if I'm going to get into some older ones, I have to start at the beginning, so I'd like to hear how these comics are before I buy them. (Because the comic shop would have to order them)

Stuff I'd like to read:
    Black Widow (My Favorite Superhero)
    Fantastic Four
    Inhumans

That's about 16 comics, a fair bit of money; so should I just buy the compendiums?
    Last edited by Masked Builder; 06-04-2014 at 04:55 PM.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Fantastic Four has had it's share of lauded writers, beginning all the way with Lee and Kirby from #1-#102 with half a dozen or so annuals or specials. They are collected in various compendia such as the Essentials in B&W newspriint and Omnibus hardcovers among others. Another noted run is John Byrne's in the 80's. Then we have Waid with Weiringo, Straczynski, McDuffie, and Hickman.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Oops, I guess I didn't mention that I'd be looking at the reboots, that started in January or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Masked Builder View Post
    First of all, sorry if this isn't where I'm supposed to put this. I looked around and didn't see anything at all like this.

I'm fairly new to comics, bought Amazing Spiderman #1-2, about a month ago and am thinking about getting into some others. (I did get two of the LEGO variants) However, if I'm going to get into some older ones, I have to start at the beginning, so I'd like to hear how these comics are before I buy them. (Because the comic shop would have to order them)

Stuff I'd like to read:
    Black Widow (My Favorite Superhero)
    Fantastic Four
    Inhumans

That's about 16 comics, a fair bit of money; so should I just buy the compendiums?
    I think your best bet may be looking into getting a Marvel Unlimited subscription to save on costs of reading back trades.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    I think your best bet may be looking into getting a Marvel Unlimited subscription to save on costs of reading back trades.
    I've heard mixed thoughts on that. But for $10 bucks, it doesn't sound bad. Anyone have any experience with it?

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Oops, I guess I didn't mention that I'd be looking at the reboots, that started in January or so.
    No problem.
    I've heard mixed thoughts on that. But for $10 bucks, it doesn't sound bad. Anyone have any experience with it?
    I have it and it is a godsend for tracking down those previous runs. The digitized issues are not complete, but good enough for me. Handy on tablets.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I did a 1 month trial over a year ago and my experience was mixed. Heard it's improved a lot since then but it's very handy to track down trades like Ravin' Ray said.

Okay thanks guys, I'll look into it.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should read?

Okay thanks guys, I'll look into it.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should read?
    Will suggest relatively light on continuity books for now:

Well if you like Black Widow you might like this current volume of Punisher. Written by the same author of the current solo and they have a crossover of sorts coming up. Miss Marvel has been consistently good as well with no worry about having to know about back story. As a fan of Black Widow, you might consider checking out this current volume of Secret Avengers as she is on the main cast. Mighty Avengers is also good as well with the writer doing quite well on keeping everything contained and referenced. Elektra is also something to consider as it's visually one of the best looking comics out there and also written well so far. She-Hulk is also another good solo. Really, Marvel's solos are being written quite well currently

I'm not that familiar with the current volume of FF. However Inhumans had a good 2nd issue however the next issue is apparently delayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Will suggest relatively light on continuity books for now:

Well if you like Black Widow you might like this current volume of Punisher. Written by the same author of the current solo and they have a crossover of sorts coming up. Miss Marvel has been consistently good as well with no worry about having to know about back story. As a fan of Black Widow, you might consider checking out this current volume of Secret Avengers as she is on the main cast. Mighty Avengers is also good as well with the writer doing quite well on keeping everything contained and referenced. Elektra is also something to consider as it's visually one of the best looking comics out there and also written well so far. She-Hulk is also another good solo. Really, Marvel's solos are being written quite well currently

I'm not that familiar with the current volume of FF. However Inhumans had a good 2nd issue however the next issue is apparently delayed.
    Hmm, okay thanks.

Little more background on what I like for others. Anything MCU, Arrow (CW show), and of course Spidey.

Default I Need Some Marvel Recommendations

Recently I have decided to drop all of my DC titles thanks to the New 52 screwing everything up that I loved before the relaunch. Anyway, this has left me with only one book I pick up monthly, which is a Marvel book, and that is Amazing Spider-Man. So now I'm stuck with only one series and it gets annoying waiting for a whole month to go by for me to have something new to read. So I figured I'd turn to the CBR forums for a little help.

Do any of you have any good recommendations to go along with my monthly Spidey? Keep in mind that yes I already plan on picking up Spider-Man 2099 when it starts hitting shelves. Other than that feel free recommend pretty much anything.

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Superior Foes of Spider-Man. Possibly Marvel's best book at the moment, but there's actually a lot of competition for that title at the moment. (Hawkeye, Daredevil, Ms Marvel, Moon Knight, She-Hulk, Silver Surfer, Mighty Avengers...)

BANNED

What did you like at DC? I read both, so I might be able to direct you to something similar to what you used to read.