Page 9 of 73 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

About spidey: Ultimate Spider-man.

In general:
    - Magneto.
    - Ms. Marvel.
    - All new x-men.

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    What did you like at DC? I read both, so I might be able to direct you to something similar to what you used to read.
    Well towards the end of my reading of DC I mostly read The Flash. But before I read Justice League, off and on again with Batman and Earth 2, early Geoff Johns GL. That's what I read mostly out of the New 52.

Before the New 52: GL, The Flash, Superman, Batman, Superman/Batman, Batman & Robin. And pretty much anything Geoff Johns wrote.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Geek644 View Post
    Well towards the end of my reading of DC I mostly read The Flash. But before I read Justice League, off and on again with Batman and Earth 2, early Geoff Johns GL. That's what I read mostly out of the New 52.

Before the New 52: GL, The Flash, Superman, Batman, Superman/Batman, Batman & Robin. And pretty much anything Geoff Johns wrote.
    I haven't read much pre-52 Johns, but I think Ichope this can help.

Like dragonmp93 said above, All-New X-Men is good. Brian Bendis, if you don't know, is the Marvel Equivalent of Geoff Johns. He writes a lot of stuff, and barring a few characters he can't get a hang of he writes pretty well (my opinion, both guys are rather polarizing) And Ms. Marvel is both awesome and only four issues in, so it's great for new readers.

If you had any interest in the Jimmy Palmiotti's Power Girl series pre-52 I highly recommend Captain Marvel. It was the first Marvel Comic I started regularly on and it just started over from #1 recently as well.

I hope this helps, and sorry if I sort of keyboard vomited.

Yeah, I'm somewhat aware of Bendis' presence in Marvel comics. I've read part of his Ultimate Spider-Man run (back when Peter was alive that is.) and really enjoyed it. I bought the first five issues of All New X-Men a while back back never really gave it a chance and only read two of the issues. Guess I'll give it another go. And I guess I'll try Ms. Marvel as well. I hear it's getting good reviews from critics and readers.

Now, when it comes to Ultimate Spider-Man should I read the Peter run all the way to the death? Or should I go ahead and start with Ultimate Comics Spider-Man Vol. 2/Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man? I'm aware the two Miles Morales series are two different series, but which one should I start with? And does anybody know if Original Sin is any good? Or Iron Man? I've started becoming a big Iron Man fan since the Marvel movies have been coming out.

Default New to comics and could use a few recommendations

Hi all, I am fairly new to comic's but have enjoyed the various Marvel movies/cartoons and have decided to venture into the world of comics, so far I have gotten a few recommendations for the X-Men but I would like to find some outside of the X-Universe.

I have no idea what characters I am interested in so far so I need suggestions and I will try anything but preferably something pretty easy to get into that won't require a lot of back story to get me caught up. I would rather be able to get trades but I will also do single issues.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Astonishing Member

You could try hawkeye/daredevil. They're both pretty easy to get into. Ms Marvel is a relatively new character without much backstory and good art. I wouldn't recommend Captain Marvel cos I think the writing is subpar.
    If you're looking to expand further than marvel, you can try Green Arrow, Aquaman, Wonder Woman or perhaps Red Hood and the Outlaws since it has a pretty X-men ish tone.
    I would also recommend American Vampire, Fables, Sandman and Saga if you like something more indie.

BANNED

Gillen's Journey Into Mystery, featuring Kid Loki, which has been collected into two trades. Awesome stuff. Also Ewings Loki, Agent of Asgard, which hasn't got a trade yet.

I only really know Marvel except for Batman and Spawn but I will try pretty much anything. The only book I had ever read until recently was Strangers in Paradise which I totally enjoyed.

BANNED

It's a bit older (2006?), but I LOVED Greg Pak and Fred Van Lente INCREDIBLE HERCULES, which has been collected in various versions. Fun buddy type book with Herc and Amadeus Cho, young genius. The Love and War arc, with the Atlanteans and the Amazons, especially.

Also, is Marvel Unlimited any good? I have a tablet and thought it might work better than getting trades, especially if it has a lot available.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsey View Post
    Also, is Marvel Unlimited any good? I have a tablet and thought it might work better than getting trades, especially if it has a lot available.
    I highly recommend it.
    Lots a good stuff.

Gots No Chi Danny Rand's Other Fist's Avatar

Mark Waid's currently Daredevil run is a pretty easy hop-on comic. They just had a new #1 recently so it's easy to get involved. It's lighter than my favourite DD runs (Bendis and Brubaker) but that doesn't take anything away from it.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsey View Post
    Yes, it's great for newer readers. On Marvel Unlimited you can try Brubaker's Cap run (Captain America 2004), Iron man by Ellis (the extremis storyline (#1-6 from a newer volume)), Astonishing X-men #1-24 and Giant size Astonishing X-men #1, Thor god of thunder #1-11 and Superior Spider-Man to cover the basics.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Merc with a Mouth delvetheunknown's Avatar

Original Sin is good. The issues have offered plenty of twists and good action. One of its strengths is how unique it is. It's a murder mystery, the art is unique, and the team-ups are unusual. I recommend you check it out since things are ramping up.

Merc with a Mouth delvetheunknown's Avatar

A lot of people on this forum seem to hate Bendis' run on GotG. Any thoughts on his run? Should I replace GotG with Avengers on my pull list? Any thoughts on the current Avengers run?