Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

For this soundtrack...let me put it this way:

I hum it (Flight) now and then (moreso when I'm in a bit of a hurry).

I loved the Zimmer score. He did a great job. I'll admit, the Williams score will always be my favorite. Though I didn't find Zimmer's score to be lacking. It had a heroic sound when it needed it. There was good build up to some strong, soaring pieces. It did what it's supposed to do. I have it in my itunes and give it a listen fairly often.

Spectacular Member

Of course you guys forgot the best one on the soundtrack "If you love these people". That one is epic.

I definitely loved the soundtrack. The Williams soundtrack was good, there's no doubt, but after decades of overuse, I was tired of it. I'm so glad that Zimmer made a different theme and went in a different direction, even if it wasn't one you could really hum along to.

(But does anyone remember the theme from All-Star Superman? That one was also amazing.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by planetman View Post
    Nothing against Zimmer, but, that music can only evoke memories of the absolute crap Snyder put on the screen with it.

Williams, however, evokes more pleasant memories of the better representation of the character in the Chris Reeves movies, superior in every respect to Snyder/Goyer's dissolute nonsense.

I don't have expectations of anything better with BvS; same crap director, same monkey suit. Yukkk!

Same here, I'm afraid. I also feel the same way about that beautiful \S/ shield they went with for the film. I love it, but every time I see it, it doesn't say "Superman" to me the way the classic (or other shields) does. Instead, it says "Man of Steel," which has numerous, unpleasant connotations for me.

That said, Zimmer is great. Love his TDK trilogy stuff and his work on Inception.

For me, the score is the only reason to revisit the film. I would have liked Faora and the kryptonian battles more if they didn't look like video game sprites when fighting. Zimmer's score was epic.