http://www.comicosity.com/exclusive-...speed-force-1/

Poor Wally lost his powers...

(Please support this book, guys )
    I pre ordered 10 copies of both issues.
    I have no beef with Vegans

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    Everyone in the closed domes lost their powers. They'll be back as soon as it opens.

http://www.comicosity.com/exclusive-...speed-force-1/

(Please support this book, guys )
    Wow what a cool preview! It's like going home again, can't wait to pick this up ��
    I see everyone's fate but my own. Sometimes that scares me. But when I see the future of someone such as yourself, I believe in tomorrow again

Staff writer at www.impulsegamer.com

Always Rakzo

God, I'm going to buy this out of principle but Bedard's writing is just so disturbingly bland. There's nothing remarkable about these early pages in the slightlest.

Also, good to know that someone finally put this preview here.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Will be interesting to see people put money with their mouth's are when it comes to Wally West.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Will be interesting to see people put money with their mouth's are when it comes to Wally West.
    Being that TT was the first Super team I loved and grew up with I'm all in.
    Last edited by blackbolt396; 04-04-2015 at 05:03 PM.

Astonishing Member

Oh this reads well and looks good. I'm so in.

Just initial reactions beyond that whole giddy "WALLY!" thing; The Flash is actually an ideal tone of book to explore this Convergence scenario with. Flash sci-fi is always a bit more temporal, but less astrophysics than Superman, but it's still a very sci-fi book and this kind of crap seems par-for-the-course for speedsters. I appreciated the mention of Ray Palmer too (looking forward to that book as well) because there's another ideal guy for a crisis-level Brainiac event. Superman's picking an anti-Brainiac team, he totally wants Flash and Atom.

I like it a lot when a book both reads well AND is kind of super appropriate and logical in the scheme of things.

I also wonder if post-Rebirth/pre-Flashpoint Barry is on Telos somewhere. I mean there's a weird hiccup, right? All these folks were collected by Brainiac in the moments between. These ones in the moments between his decision to stop Thawne from killing his mom and his acting on that decision (IE; right before causality blips things into Flashpoint) and then the Flashpoint ones again, collected in the moments between his decision to stop himself from stopping Thawne, right before that leads to the big Pandora splash page.

But Barry seemed to be a constant. He changed the timeline, remembered some changes, forgot others, but because he's the flashpoint nexus of the temporal changes, he's "more" the same guy than say, New 52 Bruce or someone else who is "effectively the same person". So is there a post-Rebirth Barry Allen chronal duplicate on Telos?

But whatever. Why the heck am I asking about Barry Allen? WALLY! I'll note that he's in his vintage costume, instead of the rejiggered Animated Series style one he was wearing so not to be confused with Barry. Which is fine by me. The goal with these is to present specific versions, "the most memorable" versions of themselves, and it's like, this is what he wore for most of his existence. And there was plenty of costume upheaval pre-Flashpoint, and super-hero camaraderie and Barry was probably just like "nah wear the vintage suit kid!"
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Unrepentant Magog Fan HaroldAllnut's Avatar

This definitely made my list of books to check out, Convergence-wise. Not sure if I'm going to make it past issues 1 or 2 of Convergence, but it'll be nice to see all of these old characters have another go-round, especially Wally.

.................................................. ................................
    Last edited by Waterfall; 05-20-2018 at 11:36 PM.

Ooh Wally is in Gotham, hopefully he tracks down his BFF.

Earth Defense Directorate buttler's Avatar

Ooo, see, this one I might actually enjoy. I'm way more interested in a lot of these tie-ins than the actual main miniseries.
    Blogging about Wonder Woman every Wednesday: theidiolect.com

BANNED

Wally the greatest Flash !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    God, I'm going to buy this out of principle but Bedard's writing is just so disturbingly bland. There's nothing remarkable about these early pages in the slightlest.

Also, good to know that someone finally put this preview here.
    agree about tony bedard writing.
    Last edited by Blacksun; 04-04-2015 at 01:45 PM.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece: Will be interesting to see people put money with their mouth's are when it comes to Wally West.

I've got to admit recent developments with character kinda killed hype. Most Wally fans are pessimistic about even for this book.
    Yeah, I'm at a place where can't afford to stick money on anything unless I'm already sure am going to like it. While I more than 'like' Wally, also don't like the writing, the art, the concept of the plot, the fact that this is in effect a two-part Retroactive created because moving across town is a pesky business. If it's as bland/distasteful to me as it looks so far then I'll still get it for the fact that its Wally and maybe has one or two good scenes of him, but the purchase will be made....in the 'bargain bin'. Just because I'm in love doesn't mean I'm desperate, DC. A poor book will not make me fork over full price.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Ultimate Member

I've got to admit recent developments with character kinda killed hype. Most Wally fans are pessimistic about even for this book.
    Because you can buy all the copies you want and this book cold make the top 10 in sales-it will not bring back Wally.

If the folks in charge don't want him back-he won't be back. If 4 years of asking for the real Wally and negative reaction to nu52 Wally is not enough of a hint-then that's on DC and not the fans.

No fan should be buying this book thinking this will get the real Wally back. Buy it because you want to read it.