Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

This. This is the main reason I'm still holding off: I'm afraid of being reminded of how much I miss Wally and family only to experience deep grieving a second time. Sure, there would be closure, but the first hit of grieving during SDCC 2011 was absolutely brutal. No kidding--I cried buckets.

Too much too soon despite the four year gap.
    Call me Coward with a capital C, but am afraid of the end of Book 2 and want to be able to distance my mind from it as much as possible just in case of that noble death thing....or worse, yet another ignoble death.

btw, I read in a review that they killed the Justice Riders. That was my favorite Elseworld Wally. Hope I never run across the scan of that death.
    Last edited by Kyer; 04-11-2015 at 08:16 PM.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Quote Originally Posted by Heatwave the Rogue View Post
    Good to see the Wally West from the Pre-Flashpoint universe again... although I'm not so much enamored with the story. I smell a noble death at the end of this story for Wally West.
    Nah... DC have alienated enough people from The New 52. A few of these world's will exist post - convergence and Wally will be one. That's what I think anyway
    I see everyone's fate but my own. Sometimes that scares me. But when I see the future of someone such as yourself, I believe in tomorrow again

Staff writer at www.impulsegamer.com

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    He doesn't know it yet though. The only thing he knows is Barry did something.
    Yeah, that's sort of a minor thing bugging me; Telos explicitly states their worlds are dead, yet so far in the issues I've read no one's reacted to THAT statement. I really don't get how all these pre-Flashpoint fights are going off and no other heroes are noticing them, either. I get them wanting to tell separate stories, it just seems weird. Gotham isn't THAT big, and it's not all of Gotham, either. Oh well, it's been a good read, just don't end it with mass death (even though it looks like they're all just fabricated copies anyway).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Master X View Post
    Yeah, that's sort of a minor thing bugging me; Telos explicitly states their worlds are dead, yet so far in the issues I've read no one's reacted to THAT statement. I really don't get how all these pre-Flashpoint fights are going off and no other heroes are noticing them, either. I get them wanting to tell separate stories, it just seems weird. Gotham isn't THAT big, and it's not all of Gotham, either. Oh well, it's been a good read, just don't end it with mass death (even though it looks like they're all just fabricated copies anyway).
    I *think* the people in the cities don't know their worlds are dead. They might not even know they have been displaced, just locked in the dome (although I imagine they would wonder why nobody on the outside has done anything). Brainiac put the main cities in, but now Tellos is doing things differently.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Master X View Post
    Only one reality will survive says the book and so does the solict. It's the same concept from Secret Wars.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordonstar View Post
    Only one reality will survive says the book and so does the solict. It's the same concept from Secret Wars.
    A concept that is making it very hard for me to love either company.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    A concept that is making it very hard for me to love either company.
    It's a concept with sales. Besides life operates on you cant always get what you want.

Today I bought my 10 copies of Speed Force. New girl at the Local Comic Book Store (LCBS), when she got to the part of the pile with the 10 copies of Speed Force, she looked at me and said. "You must REALLY like the Flash!" I had to fight the inner comic book nerd from explaining to this 20 something about Wally West. I fought back the Nerd rage and said with a smile, "Yes, yes, I sure do".
    I have no beef with Vegans

It's a concept with sales. Besides life operates on you cant always get what you want.
    But, you CAN try sometimes , and you just might find.... you get what you need.
    I have no beef with Vegans

BANNED

That's not necessarily a done deal - it's just sales hype. "Everything will probably be OK and everybody will be happy at the end!" is not all that hot a sales pitch.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan

I've been waiting to get something of what I want since early 2009. Life is a tease, flirt, and a B. Flash fact.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    That's not necessarily a done deal - it's just sales hype. "Everything will probably be OK and everybody will be happy at the end!" is not all that hot a sales pitch.
    I doubt everything survives. Besides they're clearly only interested in one Reality for the people to live on. It's guess it's a homage of sorts to Crisis as well. If you combine about 8 of them together that's probably it.

Dc know even if they do restore all of them, they're never all going to get to see the light of the day again outside of limited series or once in a blue moon,

Quote Originally Posted by upgrayedd View Post
    Today I bought my 10 copies of Speed Force. New girl at the Local Comic Book Store (LCBS), when she got to the part of the pile with the 10 copies of Speed Force, she looked at me and said. "You must REALLY like the Flash!" I had to fight the inner comic book nerd from explaining to this 20 something about Wally West. I fought back the Nerd rage and said with a smile, "Yes, yes, I sure do".
    awww. How hard was it to fight back the nerd rage ramblings about how you want Wally back, and how DC screwed up ever removing him to begin with?

Because that's where I'd be.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

So... that wasn't very good. Bedard's writing is bland and he doesn't get Wally's voice at all; the art was far from Grummet's best and the whole Convergence thing just seems to be a really crappy idea over all. Instead of giving us a bunch of cool one-off issues with different versions of our favourite characters, it all seems to be hindered by the seemingly inane main series dictating what happens in every single issue. I only read Speed Force and The Question (considerably better but...) but I was already bored with the whole conceit. I mean just compare this with the beautiful stuff that Morrison is doing with Multiversity: this inane, half-hearted "event" (events: why I now only read two Big 2 superhero comics - and they're both ending shortly) just looks embarrassing.

I'll check out the next issue but however much I've missed the real Wally West, I'm not really looking forward to it.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan

agreed, I've read a fair fraction of the story now and while I love Wally, was so wanting Wally with Linda. Didn't realize how much until today.
    Also am hating the love affair DC has with death. Would rather not the Justice Riders idea was resurrected just so they could snuff it out. It's like reading reviews of Flashpoint tie-ins all over again.