Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default A perhaps controversial opinion on Wonder Woman's costume

I think she should go back to wearing skirts. I just think they look good on her

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I think she should go back to wearing skirts. I just think they look good on her
    I'm trying to think back to when she wore actual "skirts" . . . and for the life of me, I can't think of when that was?

It seems that any time I can think of when she wore anything that looked like a skirt, it was actually either armor or something that looked like culottes, where you have shorts with an attached wrap-around that looks like a skirt. But then again, I'm not a WW expert.

(And shouldn't something like this be in the specific Wonder Woman section of the Forum (http://community.comicbookresources....4-Wonder-Woman) instead of here in the more general "DC Comics" section (http://community.comicbookresources....p?10-DC-Comics)?)

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I'm trying to think back to when she wore actual "skirts" . . . and for the life of me, I can't think of when that was?

It seems that any time I can think of when she wore anything that looked like a skirt, it was actually either armor or something that looked like culottes, where you have shorts with an attached wrap-around that looks like a skirt. But then again, I'm not a WW expert.

(And shouldn't something like this be in the specific Wonder Woman section of the Forum (http://community.comicbookresources....4-Wonder-Woman) instead of here in the more general "DC Comics" section (http://community.comicbookresources....p?10-DC-Comics)?)
    Alternate reality and oneshot stuff, I think. Her mom wore a skirt in the 90s, though.

Pretty sure the closest Diana came was culottes.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Isn't she wearing a battle-skirt in Fabok's Justice League and for BvS?

All-New Member

Default Jla

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

she wore skirt in JLA when hippolyta replaced her as wonder woman...dont know about wonder woman book though
    as far as I am concerned she rocks all outfits except that half chicken armour of amazon war :P
    peace bros
    BIG DADDY OUT

Well if its between the bathing suit look that should have gone away when clark and bruce stoped wearing their underwear on the outside, or the pants that just look out of place. Yeah, team skirt.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

I prefer the Greek armor inspired "battle dress" because I feel its something a character like Diana would actually wear given her background. To me the pants don't make sense. The Amazon's don't really come across as a pants wearing culture, they seem more prone to tunics then pants, and when they go into battle they wear Greek inspired "battle skirts". Why would Diana wear anything different. I'd argue wearing pants would seem strange to her. It goes without saying that the bathing suit is archaic.

Astonishing Member

I like modernisation. I'm okay with skirts, shorts and pants on a rotation basis.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    I prefer the Greek armor inspired "battle dress" because I feel its something a character like Diana would actually wear given her background. To me the pants don't make sense. The Amazon's don't really come across as a pants wearing culture, they seem more prone to tunics then pants, and when they go into battle they wear Greek inspired "battle skirts". Why would Diana wear anything different. I'd argue wearing pants would seem strange to her. It goes without saying that the bathing suit is archaic.
    There is absolutely nothing about the regular Wonder Woman costumes over the decades that is even vaguely Greek inspired.
    So this battle-skirt, no-pants argument seems very feeble to me.

This costume doesn't look archaic to me.
    If done right I could see Wonder Woman in a Greek inspired battle skirt.

"History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Herowatcher View Post
    This costume doesn't look archaic to me.
    If done right I could see Wonder Woman in a Greek inspired battle skirt.

Too bad it looks more beauty pageant than superhero...

This to me is flatout the best costum she ever had. Too bad DC caved in before the book was actually published.

Runner up...

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Too bad it looks more beauty pageant than superhero...

This to me is flatout the best costum she ever had. Too bad DC caved in before the book was actually published.

Runner up...

I buy the pants look for Diana if its a more mature Diana that's been off the island a while and has integrated herself into the ways of modern society. but not fresh off the boat so to speak.

Incredible Member

I would be fine with anything other than that hideous monstrosity she wears now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    I buy the pants look for Diana if its a more mature Diana that's been off the island a while and has integrated herself into the ways of modern society. but not fresh off the boat so to speak.
    When have we ever had a fresh off the boat Diana in the comics after 1989 or so?

Besides, pants look as un-Amazonian and out of place on a fresh off the boat Diana as her usual gear.
    Last edited by Carabas; 09-05-2015 at 05:36 PM.

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

She routinely wore a skirt and blouse combination during the Perez run.

I don't see why she can't have a variety of outfits.
    "At what point do we say, 'You're mucking with our myths'?" - Harlan Ellison