Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    In addition -

Let's say there are some "moderate" Amazons somewhere. Is there any way to handle last issue's close short of an Amazonian civil war?

I just don't see anything that resembles a "good" ending.
    Almost every post-Crisis WW run has a big Amazon battle in it so this would not surprise me.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Sure.

That said, is there a way to "Punish" Donna's crew of Amazons that doesn't end with serious amounts of blood being shed? Either way, is there anything like a way forward for Wonder Woman afterwards?

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    You can't blame a majority for what a small portion did on their own account. Makes no sense.
    It's not about blame. It's about standing aside and letting things like this happen. By allowing rape-raids and genocide to be committed all Amazons are involved in the acts. It's the concept of "first they came for the Jews and I did nothing" you don't have to be guilty to be complicit.

The only way things can be better is if this is Earth 52 and the real Golden Age Earth 2, Silver/bronze Age Earth 1, and post crisis Earth all still exist in the rebprn Multiverse so we can leave the darkness of this Earth forever and return to better storytelling and more complex and compelling world building ...

Spadassin Extraordinaire Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    It's not about blame. It's about standing aside and letting things like this happen. By allowing rape-raids and genocide to be committed all Amazons are involved in the acts. It's the concept of "first they came for the Jews and I did nothing" you don't have to be guilty to be complicit.
    But that's the thing, though. No important amount of population has ever been punished for not helping the Jews.
    Come to think of it, Dessia's is the only one on the Council we see standing up for the male, right? Thing is, Dessia was in exile in London when we first met her. We also know she wasn't the only one (for instance; Exirestos in Demn Knights). Maybe a solution (once the guilty Amazons have been properly dealt with) would be to have Diana call back all the exiled Amazon home to help her build a better Paradise Island.
    Hold those chains, Clark Kent
    Bear the weight on your shoulders
    Stand firm. Take the pain.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Auguste Dupin View Post
    But that's the thing, though. No important amount of population has ever been punished for not helping the Jews.
    Come to think of it, Dessia's is the only one on the Council we see standing up for the male, right? Thing is, Dessia was in exile in London when we first met her. We also know she wasn't the only one (for instance; Exirestos in Demn Knights). Maybe a solution (once the guilty Amazons have been properly dealt with) would be to have Diana call back all the exiled Amazon home to help her build a better Paradise Island.
    You mixed up Dessa with Hessia. Dessa is from the island, Hessia is the one exiled in London.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Auguste Dupin View Post
    What happened to her post-Demon Knights? I miss her, she was great. I mean, she's immortal/long-lived, right, she should still be hanging around somewhere in the DCU...

Spadassin Extraordinaire Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dumbduck View Post
    You mixed up Dessa with Hessia. Dessa is from the island, Hessia is the one exiled in London.
    Whoops.
    Hem....
    The rest f the point still....stands?
    Hold those chains, Clark Kent
    Bear the weight on your shoulders
    Stand firm. Take the pain.

Guys, I know how they can be reformed! What if Wonder Woman uses love?
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Bring back Hippolyta. Athena and Aphrodite see the chaos that is happening on the amazon island, and see that no good is coming from the lack of leadership that the amazons are experiencing. Diana comes back to see that while she was gone the small group of amazons led by Donna Troy killed all the men on the island. Diana battles Donna to a stand still. Diana implores the god's to help save her sisters from their fears and mistrusts. Athena and Aphrodite hears their sister's request and answers it. Since Hippolyta is part of the island, Athena and Aphrodite shape a body out of the clay from the island. Hippolyta regains control of the island and punishes the amazons that took part on the attack of the men. Hippolyta knows that Donna needs to be destroyed and teams up with Diana to destroy Donna. As they are about to destroy Donna, Athena and Aphrodite step in and explains that Donna is actually Hippolyta's second child by Zeus. When Hippolyta was turned to clay, she was pregnant with Donna. After hearing this Hippolyta and Diana cannot kill Donna, so the goddesses change Donna back to clay, and Hippolyta reforms the Donna and is given life again. Donna is reborn without the hate in her soul that the hag placed in her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    What happened to her post-Demon Knights? I miss her, she was great. I mean, she's immortal/long-lived, right, she should still be hanging around somewhere in the DCU...
    Unfortunately I suspect she eventually died of old age since she left the island behind (like what appears to be happening to Hessia). Demon Knights however ended up with the Knights riding off into the sunset, almost. However Cornell may have had some hidden idea with where the members of the Demon Knights eventually ended up, quite possibly as one of the Shadow Lords that manage(d) Stormwatch, since he was the initial writer of both books.

But yes, I too want her to come back, she was certainly the most likable new Amazon the New 52 has produced.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post

At one time I was hoping they would use her to bring back Donna Troy. I thought that she was immortal and could be around yet, so let her be Donna's mother. That way Donna could still be an amazon, but was raided in man's world. Zeus could have even had an affair with her and that way Donna would have been an amazon, and half sister to Diana.

IF it were up to u guys what writer wrote the better amazons? Also I would have the raids but the raids are unknown to the amazons. For these amazons are working for Circe. They are not the ones the were the created by Aphrodite but were regular women who joined the amazons or they can be sirens who work for Circe

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MTroy View Post
    At one time I was hoping they would use her to bring back Donna Troy. I thought that she was immortal and could be around yet, so let her be Donna's mother. That way Donna could still be an amazon, but was raided in man's world. Zeus could have even had an affair with her and that way Donna would have been an amazon, and half sister to Diana.
    They wouldn't even have had to do that. Exoristos could litterally have been Donna Troy, since Ex never gave up her real and instead went by Exoristos, which simply means (according to Xanadu); Exile.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    They wouldn't even have had to do that. Exoristos could litterally have been Donna Troy, since Ex never gave up her real and instead went by Exoristos, which simply means (according to Xanadu); Exile.
    That is true, but I was thinking if they wanted to introduce Donna as a teenager or in her early twenties they could of uses Exoristos to be Donna's mother.