Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Justice League: Gods and Monsters

Has we know this is Bruce Timm version and a stand alone film. It will be a take on Earth 2

Here is Diana, Clark and Bruce

http://comicbook.com/2015/04/04/just...uge-changes-t/

Superman is the son of General Zod, not Jor-El...and he's not the nicest of guys. Wonder Woman has ties to the New Gods, and Batman is wildly different as well...although that's an area where there's less crossover with Earth-2.

While in the Earth-2 comics, Val-Zod is black (and not the general's son, that we know of -- just has the same house name), Wonder Woman has a child with one of the New Gods (Steppenwolf, to be exact) and Batman is Thomas Wayne, the father of Bruce, the animated film makes Superman white, Batman into Kirk Langstrom (Man-Bat in the comics), who has cancer, and Wonder Woman's relationship is instead with Orion.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 04-04-2015 at 12:08 AM.

Blah, I'm bored with the alternate Wonder Woman stuff. We got the Crime Syndicate in an animated film not that long ago, I don't know why they feel the need to do another alternate universe. That was always my least favorite aspect of DC.

So Wonder Maxima of Apokolips, Ugly Super Zod and Vampire Batman Beyond. hehe.

I think I read it was aimed for the young male teenage audiences and is supposed to be more violent than the norm. These AU do not sell as well as the normal JL, do they?...so why they waste their time on it baffles me? Ironic too when they keep saying WW can't sell.

I think it's just to ride the Injustice bandwagon. Those dark versions were a hit with the gaming audience.

I understand showing us versions of the world that are darker and produce harder super heroes, but from the sounds of this SM/BM/WW won't really be super heroes at all and are just another knock-off version of the CS. At least with Timm-verse the Justice Lords thought they were doing the right thing for the people. This just seems like another experiment in "what if the JL was filled with douchebags"

Spadassin Extraordinaire Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Has we know this is Bruce Timm version and a stand alone film. It will be a take on Earth 2

Here is Diana, Clark and Bruce

http://comicbook.com/2015/04/04/just...uge-changes-t/

Superman is the son of General Zod, not Jor-El...and he's not the nicest of guys. Wonder Woman has ties to the New Gods, and Batman is wildly different as well...although that's an area where there's less crossover with Earth-2.

While in the Earth-2 comics, Val-Zod is black (and not the general's son, that we know of -- just has the same house name), Wonder Woman has a child with one of the New Gods (Steppenwolf, to be exact) and Batman is Thomas Wayne, the father of Bruce, the animated film makes Superman white, Batman into Kirk Langstrom (Man-Bat in the comics), who has cancer, and Wonder Woman's relationship is instead with Orion.
    Man, that really doesn't look.....appealing at all.
    I mean, even for a "alternate universe where the heroes are bad guys" thing, it just doesn't look right.
    Hold those chains, Clark Kent
    Bear the weight on your shoulders
    Stand firm. Take the pain.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    So Wonder Maxima of Apokolips, Ugly Super Zod and Vampire Batman Beyond. hehe.

I think I read it was aimed for the young male teenage audiences and is supposed to be more violent than the norm. These AU do not sell as well as the normal JL, do they?...so why they waste their time on it baffles me? Ironic too when they keep saying WW can't sell.

I think it's just to ride the Injustice bandwagon. Those dark versions were a hit with the gaming audience.
    Hmmm, there really aren't too many movies I would call AU. Certainly Flashpoint Paradox would be one if I had to call a movie AU, but the only other one I would say that could be considered AU is New Frontier. Pre-Flashpoint Paradox, the only movies that were said to be in continuity with one another were the Superman/Batman films.

It's hard to get super-reliable data for these sales, because all I can find are the physical copy sales and none of the digital, so for basis of comparison I check the sales of the movies that were released both directly before and afterward. New Frontier sold a lot less than its predecessor, Superman: Doomsday (less than half, although Superman: Doomsday is the best-selling title in the line), and its successor, Gotham Knight (a little more than half). Flashpoint Paradox sold better than it's predecessor, Superman Unbound (this is the second worst-selling title in the line; only the inexcusably cheap-looking Superman vs. the Elite sold worse), but slightly worse than Justice League: War.

Based on this tiny sample size, you might be right that "AU" sells worse.

I'm curious in seeing this movie. I give every movie a chance, except The Dark Knight Returns because I knew it wasn't going to vary from the comic book I didn't like, but as I like to say, watch the movie first and then say it's awful.

All-New Member

The Injustice bandwagon simply picked up the current trend of grim dark that's so popular now. Except whereas George RR Martin can make those kind of tropes interesting because he writes such incredible characters, this doesn't look nearly as original. And why even bother with recycling names lifted from the main DC verses? These aren't Superman, WW, or Batman in any meaningful sense. It comes across as lazy writing and lazyworld building.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    I understand showing us versions of the world that are darker and produce harder super heroes, but from the sounds of this SM/BM/WW won't really be super heroes at all and are just another knock-off version of the CS. At least with Timm-verse the Justice Lords thought they were doing the right thing for the people. This just seems like another experiment in "what if the JL was filled with douchebags"
    Quote Originally Posted by Auguste Dupin View Post
    Man, that really doesn't look.....appealing at all.
    I mean, even for a "alternate universe where the heroes are bad guys" thing, it just doesn't look right.
    Well there is the JL War and Throne of atlantis main movies that are full of douchebags and violence.

when I heard the movie was going to be dark I was like: but they already are dark, wth?
    it's not like marvel movies difference to daredevil netflix series, it's all dark

At least i hope the story in this movies is good.

It is Bekkah as WW, it seems; that is weird

It's only the chronicles shorts from machinima that are for the male adult public, the movie is all genders. Like all the stuff in mainstream that Timm did.
    Last edited by Blacksun; 04-04-2015 at 01:04 PM.

On one hand, I'm tired of ultra dark like this. On the other hand its Elseworlds, so even though Timm sucks with Superman and Wonder Woman, there's less a chance of him to mess them up because they're not the actual characters.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    On one hand, I'm tired of ultra dark like this. On the other hand its Elseworlds, so even though Timm sucks with Superman and Wonder Woman, there's less a chance of him to mess them up because they're not the actual characters.
    well the animated movies already get them wrong on a regular basis

Spadassin Extraordinaire Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    Well there is the JL main movies that are full of douchebags and violence.

when I heard the movie was going to be dark I was like: but they already are dark, wth?
    it's not like marvel movies difference to daredevil netflix series, it's all dark

At least i hope the story in this movies is good.

It is Bekkah as WW? that is weird
    Well, the're adapting Johns's stuff, of course they're bad. Not worth mentionning , really.
    That said, it is pretty ironic. For the last few movies, every one was like "OMG, they're so dark, why can't they just bring back Bruce Timm, he knows how to do it right". Bruce Timm comes back.....and his project looks like the darkest yet. Hilarious.
    Well, personally, I think it's funny, anyway.
    Hold those chains, Clark Kent
    Bear the weight on your shoulders
    Stand firm. Take the pain.

But its Bruce Messiah Timm so he can get away with it.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

So I am not the only one who thinks Dc just lose its mind along with WB. I mean JL NEw 52 animated is bad. WB doesn't seem to get that the animation and new 52 is bad. DC is at its lowest point right now. I mean Wonder Woman in both movies is violent. Still don't get how they can't see it that Wonder Woman is salable 2009 proves it. New 52 is a dumb and yet Dan id happy right because Dan Dido can't see that Marvel is kicking their buts right now. Dc needs to get it that new 52 is failing more books are cancelled sales are now just decent

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    So I am not the only one who thinks Dc just lose its mind along with WB. I mean JL NEw 52 animated is bad. WB doesn't seem to get that the animation and new 52 is bad. DC is at its lowest point right now. I mean Wonder Woman in both movies is violent. Still don't get how they can't see it that Wonder Woman is salable 2009 proves it. New 52 is a dumb and yet Dan id happy right because Dan Dido can't see that Marvel is kicking their buts right now. Dc needs to get it that new 52 is failing more books are cancelled sales are now just decent
    I don't even know what to say to this.

Other than I'm sure "New 52 is a dumb" counts as a valid criticism.

And really, have you not seen the sheer amount of books Marvel have cancelled either over the past few years? Hell, they've relaunched their apparent answer to WW in their own "trinity" four times since 2007.
    Last edited by LoneNecromancer; 04-04-2015 at 03:39 PM.

Okay Sneak peak.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qro9...ature=youtu.be

It really is not the characters we know as the Trinity. It is Zod's son who is Superman, it is not Clark Kent and it is not Bruce Wayne who is Batman nor does it seem like Diana as we know it. So I guess that isn't that bad. It was just getting real annoying thinking we will be seeing the evil SM or WW troupe again ala Injustice. This might actually be interesting in terms of story. Darker for sure but it is not SM, WW or the BM we know.

Mind you I do think there are other comic movies they could be adapting that fans dying to see still instead but Timm is getting his chance to delve into something else.