Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Taral-DLOS View Post
    For that reason, I'm wondering if any of these guys have publicists that operate their twitters and other social media.
    Freelancers don't make enough money to have a publicist.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

BANNED

I have to echo what MajorHoy and tsaimelemoni said earlier in this thread: The board needs a "Like" button. At the very least, this thread does. These two posts had me literally laughing out loud:
    Quote Originally Posted by skyjumpermike View Post
    I've seen your twitter account. You constantly ask about spider-man teaming up with black widow, spider-woman, Jen Walters, etc. You've asked everyone and anyone who has ever worked on Spider-man these questions (probably more than once) and you complained to Dan Slott about being blocked by Soule.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Slott View Post
    Mark, if you can show me links to these offensive posts I've made towards you, and if they're not in response to rude or unwarranted behavior, I will very publicly and sincerely apologize.

Fantastic Member

DarthFury78, don't take this as an insult but you really talk about Peter Parker's love life (or your desires for it) way too much. Everyone has their favorite characters or topics, but you come across as a single issue fan when you're so persistent and repetitive about it. That's why people here doubt that you just asked Soule a simple question, and understand why he may have blocked you in addition to the legal risks involved with discussing story ideas.

These characters are fiction, and furthermore Peter has had no shortage of love interests throughout the history of his own titles. Shipping your own fanfic couples is fine in moderation, but you really need to broaden your interests.
    Last edited by JimRaynor55; 04-07-2015 at 08:35 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    The problem was that I have not talked to any other writer about Spider-Man x She-Hulk except for Soule, who I wanted to ask for his opinion. I was not providing any story ideas at all. Since he is a lawyer, I wanted to know of his personal thoughts about Jennifer and Peter.
    Yeah, this happened quite a while ago. Although, it looks like you asked him something initially that he felt was a story idea and he asked you not to ask him about, which you did not until about a few months later, after he replied to a tweet about writing a character and then you basically asked him the same question that he originally told you he felt was a story idea. I am guessing there were other exchanges that happened on his blog between the time of those tweets?

I am no expert on what writers can get in trouble for stealing so I don't know if those suggestions are enough for legal problems or not, but he made it clear he felt it was so it was up to you not to pursue that question again.

Extraordinary Member

I just want to add, I've seen the way some "fans" act, and I'm not pointing fingers. Its no one here, but some "fans" act disgustingly.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JimRaynor55 View Post
    DarthFury78, don't take this as an insult but you really talk about Peter Parker's love life (or your desires for it) way too much. Everyone has their favorite characters or topics, but you come across as a single issue fan when you're so persistent and repetitive about it. That's why people here doubt that you just asked Soule a simple question, and understand why he may have blocked you in addition to the legal risks involved with discussing story ideas.

These characters are fiction, and furthermore Peter has had no shortage of love interests throughout the history of his own titles. Shipping your own fanfic couples is fine in moderation, but you really need to broaden your interests.
    Most of Peter's love interests are Spider-Man created and not outside creation. And most of those love interests are boring. Sometimes, mixing things up makes it interesting. And no, I wasn't talking about Peter Parker getting another love interest. My argument is why we can't see a few heroines become part of Spider-Man's world in a normal occupation that helps him like Tigra and Wolfsbane working for the NYPD, Jennifer Walters as he legal adviser, while Carol Danvers could pop in once in a while along with Jessica Drew and The Black Widow? It would be cool to see Psylocke and Peter working together as well.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 04-08-2015 at 12:02 PM.

Most of Peter's love interests are Spider-Man created and not outside creation. And most of those love interests are boring. Sometimes, mixing things up makes it interesting. And no, I wasn't talking about Peter Parker getting another love interest. My argument is why we can't see a few heroines become part of Spider-Man's world in a normal occupation that helps him like Tigra and Wolfsbane working for the NYPD, Jennifer Walters as he legal adviser, while Carol Danvers could pop in once in a while along with Jessica Drew and The Black Widow? It would be cool to see Psylocke and Peter working together as well.
    If you keep pushing stuff like that on Soule and others, no wonder you got blocked.

There's asking a simple question, then there's a full-court press hard sell.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    If you keep pushing stuff like that on Soule and others, no wonder you got blocked.

There's asking a simple question, then there's a full-court press hard sell.
    I only asked Soule about the She-Hulk. As for the others, it's usually one or two heroines respectively.

BANNED

I only asked Soule about the She-Hulk. As for the others, it's usually one or two heroines respectively.
    Your responses on this thread speak for themselves as to why you were blocked. When it's suggested that you talk way too much about Peter's love life, your only response is to keep on talking about Peter's love life.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Your responses on this thread speak for themselves as to why you were blocked. When it's suggested that you talk way too much about Peter's love life, your only response is to keep on talking about Peter's love life.
    Not love life. But a strong friendship...