Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    Fanatics of any fandom are like driving into a wall, but with the fanatics of the Final Fantasy fandom, it's like driving into that wall, surviving the crash, and being an immortal vegetable only to be wiped out when the Sun takes the Solar System when it explodes.
    What are they like? I was a big fan of the series from VII on to X (getting into the older games as well along the way), but kind of fell off the wagon around XII since I stopped getting consoles and stuck with PC gaming.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    They make me want to hop into bed with a python.
    What makes me laugh even more is, those same FF7 fanboys liked FF15 (before the latest batch of news) because it wasn't FF13, which they absolutely despise, but now they hate FF15 just a little less than 13...and the game hasn't even come out, yet.
    I didn't know this. FF7 is my favorite though and my 5 favorite FF characters (not in order) are Cloud, Kadaj, Lightning, Reno and Oerba Dia Vanille.

Who thinks Young Justice, in any incarnation, qualifies as "grim and gritty"?
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    The Kord one is odd, because I see Jaime fans (full disclosure, started off a fan of Ted from Giffen back issues of JLI, but since he wrote Jaime's first stories he's basically a Giffen Blue Beetle so he's just as good in my book) talking about Ted fans not giving Jaime a chance or trying to keep Jaime down, and I see one or two Ted fans who tend never to talk about Jaime Reyes or much else aside form JLI appreciation threads. It seems to be a perceived slight, but certainly not the back and forth you get with the others.
    I can't speak for here, but I remember several Ted fans referring to Jaime by a certain racial slur online and complaining about the book the minute it came out. Never even read one issue. Same happened with Jason Rusch. I didn't like what happened to Ted but I thought it was stupid to take it out on Jaime.

Found it quite telling that some fans were fine with Firestorm being a cat or a computer, but having a black replacement was too much for them. 'Course, in the end DC gave in to those fans just like Marvel did and that's when I decided to start looking more towards the indies.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Diamond View Post
    I can't speak for here, but I remember several Ted fans referring to Jaime by a certain racial slur online and complaining about the book the minute it came out. Never even read one issue. Same happened with Jason Rusch. I didn't like what happened to Ted but I thought it was stupid to take it out on Jaime.

Found it quite telling that some fans were fine with Firestorm being a cat or a computer, but having a black replacement was too much for them. 'Course, in the end DC gave in to those fans just like Marvel did and that's when I decided to start looking more towards the indies.
    There's a letter they published in Iron Man, during Rhodey's just-pre-War-Machine time in the suit, wherein the writer compares Rhodey to "the best of the best" of black men, as part of his evidence that, basically, no black man will ever be able to defeat Whiplash or MODOK. It's polite racism, but there's no way around it being racism.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Sonic fans are pretty intense. If it's not Sonic 2 or Sonic Adventure 2 they don't want anything to do with it. I've heard people badmouth the comic, I like it, but it's whatever.

There are GeeWuners, who treat transformers G1 like its the best thing since sliced bread. Well really anyone who nostalgia trips for those 80's cartoons. They weren't that good.

@KF, You've never been to the DC thread? Not even out of curiosity?
    Sonic fandom is just SMH worthy. Thought Sonic 3&K was considered the gold standard (and with great reason).

Never been fond of fanboys/fangirls/stans, but Nintendrones are the most irritating. Then again, I'm a Sega fan...

Don't care much for those who laud the past in cape comics either. I'm not saying that everything that came before was garbage (ex. I rather like Jack Kirby), but whenever I hear someone talk about how awesome the Satellite League was for example or how the Wolfman Titans were so much better than Young Justice I just cringe. I tried reading that run and it just bored me to tears. Not to mention the implications of dragging things backwards.
    Last edited by Crazy Diamond; 04-07-2015 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    Oh, snap!
    LOL.

X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Diamond View Post

Guess I just missed it. To be honest I wasn't on the boards then, but even though I'd count the Giffen era Blue/Gold team among my favorites in comics history when I saw Giffen on the creative team behind Jaime I saw that as reason enough to give the new guy a chance. Ted Kord would be a forgotten character without Giffen. Sadly, seems like both are forgotten characters at the moment. At least by the way DC's using them.

Kobe vs. LeBron stans

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    Maybe if they're talking about the cartoon, which compared to others could be pretty dark.

I don't think that I've ever really been involved in a discussion on them due to not being knowledgable enough, but judging from CBR forums the fans of Wonder Woman and Batgirl seem to be able to start a fight in an empty room. The Superman forum is also quite infamous for havig 2 page threads on the latest issue of Action Comics, while discussions of Silver Age v.s Golden Age v.s Post Crisis, Lois Lane v.s Wonder Woman and general thoughts on what Superman should and should not do and be easily swells into hundreds of pages.

I wanna be your lover... emac1790's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpoff AKA JohnnyBlazed View Post
    a hip hop fan who doesn't care for Jay-z and doesn't think pac was that great on a lyrical.
    Don't feel bad about this. I think Jay-Z only has two good albums (Reasonable Doubt, The Black Album) and I also think that most times, Pac was subpar, lyrically. When this is your opinion, you get called a "hater" (perhaps the most misused, abused, played out slang word).
    What U putting in your nose?
    Is that where all your money goes (Is that where your money goes)
    The river of addiction flows
    U think it's hot, but there won't be no water
    When the fire blows

First they came for the mutants, and I said nothing. Then they came for the chickens, and still I said nothing... -cyberhubbs

Ultimate Member

Bloodborne fans have very recently been quite.....annoying.

PS4 fans vs Xbox fans is just.....awful.

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    Teen Titans Go fans

TTG did a parody of YJ in a supposed crossover and how "serious" they think it was.

Then they went on about how they were prepared for backlash. Meh.
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...tice-crossover
    Last edited by PretenderNX01; 04-08-2015 at 08:56 AM.

Marvel/DC, expecially stupid considering how many people are buying books from both companies. And Marvel zombies are just...good god...there is actually some of them who read nothing else if you can believe it.

Green Lanterns, pretty much all of them are in a book but still the so called fans can't help themselves from starting never ending bickerings.

And for some reason everything X-books related tend to bring the worst out of people.