View Poll Results: Would you support a Sunspot solo series?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

21 30.88%
  • Maybe (Please explain what push you to buy)

11 16.18%
  • No (Please explain why not)

36 52.94%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Would you support a Sunspot Solo Series?

Like the title says is Marvel by some chance wanted to put out a Sunspot solo would you support it? Or at the very least give it a try?

It's somewhat rare to see a character in comics grow from teen to an adult. It's even rarer to see characters move beyond their usual "roles" without compromising the characters personality or warping the character into something else entirely. However, in the pages of Avengers, Avengers World, and even in New Avengers we have seen the character grow into a leader while still maintaining his lovable personality.

The once brash but lovable New Mutant:

Is not only sitting at the big kids table but he formed it:

And seemly the last of the Avengers with any sense left and the courage to act on it:

The character has a likable personality, a long history to draw from, and a powerset that would allow him to work on his own no problem. I think Bobby may have what it takes to fly solo.

But the question is would you help support him?
    Last edited by Trident; 04-04-2015 at 12:15 PM.

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Personally, I think no, because always I consider him to works better when he is in a team, New Mutants is the best example and also X-Force and maybe the Fallen Angels book on the 80s.

I like Roberto DaCosta´s character but I think a solo book would not be on his league.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Nah, I would not be interested in reading a book about him.

There needs to be an option that says, "Hell Yes!" I'm a big fan of his development under Hickman's pen (one of the highlights of Avengers/New Avengers, imo). I'd read a solo that further progressed the character. Or a book based around his New Avengers team, perhaps having them based in Rio.

Amazing Member

No, probably not.

Vote no . . . reason being: Why?

There are probably ten-or-twenty other properties I would prefer to see / buy, but that's just me.

No. I don't even know who he is.
    BB

BANNED

Honestly? No . I am Brazilian and NOT LIKE of Sunspot. Has nothing to do with his past stories only I think Sunspot is not a relevant enough character to make an entire comic book series about he.

Fantastic Member

A solo? Probably not. But is his group of Avengers were to be the stars of a relaunched New Avengers post-SW (preferably with Frank Barbarie writing), then hell yeah. Time Runs Out has been great on Sunspot, and I don't want to see it all thrown away in some inevitable New Mutants relaunch trying to recapture old magic.

Incredible Member

Not at all. I like the character but I would rather read a New Mutants book.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    Personally, I think no, because always I consider him to works better when he is in a team, New Mutants is the best example and also X-Force and maybe the Fallen Angels book on the 80s.

I like Roberto DaCosta´s character but I think a solo book would not be on his league.
    People use to say the same thing about Carol Danvers and some still do. But it seems to be working out ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    People use to say the same thing about Carol Danvers and some still do. But it seems to be working out ok.
    But her title is barely selling even with a relaunch by the same writer?
    BB

Niffleheim

I wouldn't mind reading it but Marvel already has a Robert Da Costa - in Tony Stark.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    But her title is barely selling even with a relaunch by the same writer?
    That can be said about quiet a few titles really. But I do understand what you mean.

Maybe, if the character had a proper following it could happen and keep him on the shelf.

CitizenD

I don't think he can hold down a solo alone. With that said I would buy a buddy comic with him and Cannonball.