Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All-New Member

Default Star Wars Comic - What's next?

Thoroughly enjoying both the ongoing Star Wars comic and Darth Vader series. Haven't had a chance to read Princess Leia 1 & 2 yet but Dodson art looks fantastic. So what's next Marvel? Personally I'd like to see a Rogue Squadron series. Dark Horse did a nice job Post-ROTJ and the novels a few years after that. But I'd really like to see Luke and Wedge as they form the group Post-ANH. These two teenagers' trials and tribulations as they build what becomes the galaxy's preeminent group of starfighter pilots. You just know they butted heads with veteran pilots, anti-alien bias, and interference from command. Plus we'd get the chance to see the early development of a group of friends that will last decades: Luke, Wedge, Tycho, Wes, and Hobbie.
    biukovic-roguesquadron.jpg

Amazing Member

I'd like something focusing on the ancient sith. Maybe a story about a student at Revan's Sith academy. Even something focused on the Jedi would be nice. I'd just like them to start rebuilding the EU since Disney gutted most of it.

Fantastic Member

You forgot about last weeks release of #1 of Kanan: the last padwan: http://www.comicbookresources.com/co...-marvel-comics

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Shattered Empire (post RoTJ) coming in September.

Beyond that, who knows? Hopefully something I'll want to read.

I was surprised to find I actually liked the main Star Wars title (given my like/dislike) of Jason Aaron's work, so I'm in until issue 6.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

I think the Star Wars comics are largely waiting til the 7th movie drops. Then they would know what new direction to take the books in.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

We should get a announcement about the next star wars mini series this week or next week. Shattered Empire should be a weekly through september since a trade releases in November already. We know someone else writes Kanan after the first arc. Also, we should be getting a star wars annual soon. Besides that, nothing else to report on the comics front.

All-New Member

@Whitewolf Disney has stated they won't be beholden to the established EU but have they done anything to directly contradict it yet?
    @VJ is Kanan the guy from Star Wars Rebels?

BANNED

Boba Fett mini following the Leia book. Think they're gonna have a rotation of minis like that

There should be a consistent level of talented artists. Lots of artists from diverse backgrounds should get to do ongoing series and mini-series and one-shots.

They should just make a Bounty Hunters book. They were the characters with the most intrigue.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by comicfoil View Post
    @Whitewolf Disney has stated they won't be beholden to the established EU but have they done anything to directly contradict it yet?
    @VJ is Kanan the guy from Star Wars Rebels?
    He is - it's his past; but you don't have to know that to read the comic. I only found out because it was in an online review (I've not got round to watching Star Wars Rebels).

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I wonder if the Kanan: The Last Padwan comic take place before the Star Wars: A New Dawn novel that tells more of Kanans story. The novels and comics are all supposed to be in cannon now so I would think that the comic would take place first so it should go The Last Padwan-A New Dawn-Rebels if I am thinking right.

I am just as curious about how the Star Wars: Shattered Empire comic is going to fit alongside the Star Wars: Aftermath novel that also comes out in September. Both are dealing with the events that take place right after Return of the Jedi and the destruction of the 2nd Death Star and the death of Vader and the Emperor.
    Last edited by Zero Hunter; 04-05-2015 at 01:52 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I wonder if the Kanan: The Last Padwan comic take place before the Star Wars: A New Dawn novel that tells more of Kanans story. The novels and comics are all supposed to be in cannon now so I would think that the comic would take place first so it should go The Last Padwan-A New Dawn-Rebels if I am thinking right.
    The only Star Wars EU I'm keeping up with is the comics, but it sounds as if you're correct as Wookiepedia says that the novel takes place six years before the series, and the comic is framed as a flashback from his youth. Page 1 is scrolling text recap page, page 2 is Kanan on board some space-ship when one of the crew mentions the name of the planet "Kaller" that throws us into the story in the middle of a battle, with him not now being the padwan "Caleb Dume", not the become who he was in the series.
    I am just as curious about how the Star Wars: Shattered Empire comic is going to fit alongside the Star Wars: Aftermath novel that also comes out in September. Both are dealing with the events that take place right after Return of the Jedi and the destruction of the 2nd Death Star and the death of Vader and the Emperor.
    Unlike George Lucas, Disney has a group that's actually going to keep an eye on all this and make sure it fits together (supposedly). So I wouldn't worry too much

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Do you have a link to the Shattered Empire synopsis? Sounds interesting

Incredible Member steeplejack2112's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ViewtifulJC View Post
    Boba Fett mini following the Leia book. Think they're gonna have a rotation of minis like that
    A Boba Fett mini? That would be great, but I would think there are enough fans out there to support an ongoing. I would be on board with that. Or, like one of the other posters mentioned....a book about all of the bounty hunters.