Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Default When Marvel/Star Wars does happen...

...cause let's face it, it's gotta happen some day, what should the plot be? Limited to one section of Marvel or all of it? Guardians of the Galaxy seems the most logical to me if we're going with the Original Trilogy. A Palpatine and Thanos alliance would be terrifying.

Also the inevitable Boba Fett and Deadpool mini.

No.

/10char

BANNED

Given the Star Trek/Green Lantern crossover, you can bet somebody at Disney will want something like that to happen like Avengers vs. Star Wars or Guardians of the Galaxy versus the Galactic Empire.

BANNED

I suppose a Death Star gets aimed towards Earth and the Rebels try to stop it themselves, but get overwhelmed somehow. The Rebellion then goes to Earth to see what they can find there. After some trepidation on the Marvel Heroes' part, they decide to check the scenario unfolding in space (I suppose above Battleworld or just outside of Knowhere).

The heroes recognize they have a perilous situation on their hands and it could be disastrous to take a direct approach to the Death Star. So, instead of opposing the admonition of the Rebels further, they form an uneasy alliance and they seek to both infiltrate the Death Star and abort it.

I imagine stellar team-ups for such a scenario although I imagine if Marvel wanted to pursue the idea further, they'd probably use lesser known Marvel characters - or outright new ones to keep the series fresh.

It probably will happen after Episode 7.

People keep thinking that the original trilogy status quo is still gonna matter when the new characters come in.

I mean, it's a 40 year old movie franchise. What was established back then won't matter as much in the near future.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Jedi-trained Nova Corps would be epic.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by MCBT View Post
    Given the Star Trek/Green Lantern crossover, you can bet somebody at Disney will want something like that to happen like Avengers vs. Star Wars or Guardians of the Galaxy versus the Galactic Empire.
    A Guardians of the Galaxy one is more preferable to an Avengers one.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Unless Darth Vader is the main focus of it as a baddie from the Star Wars point of view than I'm not interested in a crossover personally as I'm not a fan of Star Wars - though I do like Vader and Yoda but that's about it personally.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Galactus Eats The Star Wars Universe

I still just don't see how a Star Wars/Marvel crossover can work.

I mean, Star Wars is a set story. If you want to crossover, how will you explain the crossover in the Star Wars canon? Do they just forget they meet all the Marvel heroes? Will it be past Episode 6 when the Empire is destroyed and Vadar is dead? Will all the Star Wars characters just happen to merge on Earth?

It makes as much sense as a Naruto/Marvel crossover, or a Lord of the Rings/Marvel crossover. It just doesn't click with me.

Star Wars crossovers with other franchises have been rare, and handled very delicately. For example, there was ONE Star Wars/Indiana Jones crossover story at Dark Horse, but it was blatantly out-of-continuity and in a one-off short story. Most others have been similarly out-of-continuity or done in a manner where you know it doesn't fit in the larger narrative, like appearances by the Star Wars characters on The Muppet Show, Sesame Street, or in The Lego Movie.

Probably the most blatant franchise crossover I can think of is last year's crossover with Phineas and Ferb (another Disney property), but even then, that was a very tongue-in-cheek story that was intended as a P&F supplement and had no meaningful bearing on either property.

This is not to say that a Marvel/Star Wars crossover is impossible, as you never know what a clever enough writer can accomplish. Prior to 1994, most people would tell you that an Archie/Punisher crossover was impossible, but it happened and stands as one of the greatest intercompany crossovers ever done. Having said that, Star Wars really is this grand, operatic story in its own little closed universe, and the notion of it mixing with another franchise is...odd. I wish I could articulate it better, but my feeling on the matter is that the very nature of Star Wars qua Star Wars is that it doesn't allow itself to seriously mingle with another franchise. The only crossover I and other fans have been able to envision is a Star Wars/Aliens story, but that surprisingly never happened in all the years that Dark Horse had both licenses.

I don't know that I'd ever want one, as I'd want it to be explicitly non-canon. But if it did occur, Dr. Doom and Darth Vader must talk outfits..

Well, the obvious guess would just be a retread of the original trilogy with deadpool replacing luke.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    Well, the obvious guess would just be a retread of the original trilogy with deadpool replacing luke.
    No, keep Luke but replace Vader with Doom

Y'know, what, people should just track down this story from Dark Horse's Star Wars Tales #9.

Star Wars Tales had a lot of serious, meaningful stories...and a lot of tongue-in-cheek, off-kilter ones like this one.
    Last edited by resipsaloquitur; 04-05-2015 at 11:11 AM.