Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    I think this is brilliant idea and your picks were spot on.
    Thanks a bunch, man, appreciate the feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by Jodoc View Post
    The New Champions

Giving the public something to believe in

Captain Marvel (Carol)
    Scarlet Spider (Ben)
    Human Torch (Johnny)
    Clea
    Namorita
    Guardsman
    Do you mean that guy in the green/green Stark armor? Is there a particular Guardsman right now?

Y'know, except for Spectrum that's almost exactly the lineup from Ostrander's "Heroes for Hire" title. It was really good and ended way too soon.

Code: Blue

Matt Murdock
    Kasper Cole
    Lucas Bishop
    Jen Walters
    Greer Nelson
    Ben Urich

This isn't really a "team" but just a concept I've wanted to see done for years. Basically, an MU version of Homicide: Life on the Streets, Law and Order, or The Wire. It would have metahumans and normals that operate within the criminal justice system and be a procedural type book.

Brubaker or Bendis would have killed on this type of thing in their prime.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Y'know, except for Spectrum that's almost exactly the lineup from Ostrander's "Heroes for Hire" title. It was really good and ended way too soon.
    purposely so. it's my favorite team. i feel that Monica would have been a better fit than Thena (who wasn't very down-to-earth and wouldn't realistically need to be a hero for hire).

Had an idea for a pseudo squadron supreme that could organically grow out of the recent Marvel 1000 book.

1. Blue Marvel

2. Jimmy Woo (wielding some kind of power ex. Crusader's freedom ring, the star brand, power prism, maybe even the 3-D Man powers, etc)

3. Night Thrasher

4. Zarda Shelton (still trying to find her place in a new world & proactively taking down secret threats)

5. Namora (now the queen of atlantis)

6. All depends on what power jimmy picks. But it needs to be someone with resources and a personal agenda. This isn't about finding someone with flash powers or green lantern powers. That's a lazy way to create a team imo.

They would all be independent operators with their own often overlapping agendas.

A team of six heroes out to find and rescue a friend, who they all happened to have dated...:

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    A team of six heroes out to find and rescue a friend, who they all happened to have dated...:

Now you're talking. Kinda reminds me of Brubaker's run on Winter Soldier (2012).

Nevertheless: if Marvel does pick up your idea, then I would totally read this.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 09-12-2019 at 09:48 PM.

I’ll take that as a big compliment, thanks!

Okay I decided to take the Best of The Thunderbolts & the best of Avengers The Initiative (Sorry Mr.Michael Watkins Constrictor is dead & off the table, I'm bummed about it too) and I came up with a team that I felt that the dynamics were a key part. With that in mind, here is Marvels version of The Secret Six

Songbird
    Moonstone
    Ghost

Diamondback
    Taskmaster
    Black Ant

And like DC's Secret Six they take orders from Mockingbird (Bobbi Barton) who does not hold this team in high regard. At. All, yet in spite of how bad the missions are
    Meet the new Blu_Spyder,
    same as the old Arachne_Azure

"If Life doesn't give you some sugar to go with the lemons
    your lemonade is gonna suck
    "

Quote Originally Posted by Blu_Spyder View Post
    Okay I decided to take the Best of The Thunderbolts & the best of Avengers The Initiative (Sorry Mr.Michael Watkins Constrictor is dead & off the table, I'm bummed about it too) and I came up with a team that I felt that the dynamics were a key part. With that in mind, here is Marvels version of The Secret Six

Songbird
    Moonstone
    Ghost

Diamondback
    Taskmaster
    Black Ant

And like DC's Secret Six they take orders from Mockingbird (Bobbi Barton) who does not hold this team in high regard. At. All, yet in spite of how bad the missions are
    i'd read it. ..............

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Had an idea for a pseudo squadron supreme that could organically grow out of the recent Marvel 1000 book.

1. Blue Marvel

2. Jimmy Woo (wielding some kind of power ex. Crusader's freedom ring, the star brand, power prism, maybe even the 3-D Man powers, etc)

3. Night Thrasher

4. Zarda Shelton (still trying to find her place in a new world & proactively taking down secret threats)

5. Namora (now the queen of atlantis)

6. All depends on what power jimmy picks. But it needs to be someone with resources and a personal agenda. This isn't about finding someone with flash powers or green lantern powers. That's a lazy way to create a team imo.

They would all be independent operators with their own often overlapping agendas.
    Gorilla Man (he’s got Avengers headquarters), Human Torch (Jim Hammond) (it all started with him), or Sunspot (the one who was responsible for bringing Jimmy Woo in to solve the mystery)?

Quote Originally Posted by HipHopAvenger View Post
    Gorilla Man (he’s got Avengers headquarters), Human Torch (Jim Hammond) (it all started with him), or Sunspot (the one who was responsible for bringing Jimmy Woo in to solve the mystery)?
    i'll pass on Gorilla Man. the other two are, at least, candidates. i could make an argument for Hammond being the 'Nuke' of the team. i don't know that he's necessarily a mastermind or solo agenda type though. guess he kind of was in Ostrander's Heroes for Hire book. but that personality trait seemed to disappear with his beard. Roberto is at least a colleague of Jimmy Woo.