Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    Ya'know, I really started hating both Fantomex and Psylocke when that was going on. I've since started actually digging le Pew, but not so much Miss Braddock...
    I just think that he works far better as the baddie who occasionaly helps out, though nobody trusts him any further than they can throw him towards the moon, and he flirts with all of the X-ladies but they're all to smart to let it go any further than that...and yeah Nicieza is back writing an X-book or two.

Mighty Member

Tempo is back from the dead. Becomes a real fleshed out character in a new X force like series with Dani Moonstar who is a mutant again, Jame Proudstar, Boom Boom, and other mutants who aren't being used.

Synch is brought back from the dead. Gen X gets an Reunion mini series.Chamber is being used. Mondo gets some love and we finally get to know Cordelia Frost. What are her powers?

Astrid Bloom comes back to get her revenge on Emma Frost in a nice arc and reforms the Hellfire Club or joins the Sisterhood with Maddie and Selene. Emma frost becomes a great anti hero leader of the Hell Fire club with a mutant school of her own.

Teaching mutants becomes a central focus and mission of the books again.

Banshee comes back, Frenzy joins a team, Hope goes away and is never mentioned again, Cable gets status quo once and for all with powers and his techno organic body.

New Excalibur reforms with some of the Genoshan mutants who are repowered joining( Shola, Hub, Wicked, etc) with the classic cast of Capt B, Meggan, Pete Wisdom

Iceman is gay, CeCe Reyes is reluctant but great hero, Polaris, Storm, Jean Grey are all powerful, intelligent women who are able to use their abilities with out stepping on each others toes.

Wind Dancer, Wallflower, Sway and Petra are alive and well

Psylocke is either asian or white, a decision is made, Monet and Sunspot are always drawn with the correct skin tone( brown), no more white washing of those characters
    Last edited by Paleo_Rage; 04-07-2015 at 07:58 PM.

Nightcrawler's parents are as his creator Dave Cockrum intended, merely human parents overwhelmed and horrified by Kurt's appearance. Mystique is a liar waging emotional warfare on her foe.

Wolverine's origins are restored to mysterious and unknown. He's old, but not insanely old, perhaps a Korean War veteran (leave WWII to the Invaders and All Winners Squad). Logan never had bone claws, his mutant powers are his regeneration and enhanced senses. His regeneration is not off the charts overpowered, it can be overtaxed with too much trauma.

Jean Grey was Dark Phoenix and died sacrificing herself on the Blue Area of the Moon. No Phoenix Force and no energy cocoon at the bottom of Jamaica Bay. She's really dead.

Time-travelling alternate-reality versions of characters inexorably get shunted back to their own timelines as this timeline inevitably repairs itself. Therefore Rachel Grey, Cable, Stryfe, X-Man, Dark Beast, Bishop, Hope Summers, etc. are merely occasional cautionary tale guest-stars in this reality rather than main characters.

The original New Mutants are the new mutants at the school. Stop artificially advancing the sliding scale timeline too quickly. Therefore no X-Force, no Generation X, no X-Statix, etc.

Retcon Rogue to be a sleeper agent (brainwashed by Mystique) planted in the X-Men. Once Rogue is accepted by the X-Men, Mystique can utter the trigger words to revert her to her villainous personality and destroy the X-Men from within.

Basically retcon everything after the start of the Morlock Massacre (Uncanny X-Men #211). That way the 1990's never happened.
    BOOSTER GOLD (Michael Jon Carter), HAWKEYE (Clint Barton), IRON FIST (Daniel Rand), MOON KNIGHT (Marc Spector aka Steven Grant aka Jake Lockley), NIGHTCRAWLER (Kurt Wagner), NOVA (Richard Rider)

BendisClops was Cyclops attempt at taking a vacation before the Big Day. He was supposed to start going Renegade but got lazy.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Ultimate Member

Wolverine isn't that old, he's only like 125 or so, Mystique is older if memory serves, as is Exodus...and Magneto would have to be in his late 80's to early 90's but he got de-aged a time or two...

X-Force let some of the old New Mutants grow and develop on their own pretty much and become even better characters...

Many of those time traveling characters are guest starring characters and not the main characters like Rachel and Bishop...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Wolverine isn't that old, he's only like 125 or so, Mystique is older if memory serves, as is Exodus...and Magneto would have to be in his late 80's to early 90's but he got de-aged a time or two...

X-Force let some of the old New Mutants grow and develop on their own pretty much and become even better characters...

Many of those time traveling characters are guest starring characters and not the main characters like Rachel and Bishop...
    No, it goes Selene>Apocalypse>Exodus>Sabretooth>Mr Sinister>Wolverine>Mystique>Destiny>Magneto>Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    No, it goes Sublime>Selene>Apocalypse>Exodus>Mr. Sinister>Sabretooth=Wolverine>Mystique>Destiny>Dea dpool>Magneto>Xavier
    I think Sabretooth and Wolverine are about the same age or at least a couple years apart give or take

Praiseworthy Analyst Emerald_616's Avatar

Lessee...

Not retcons so much as things to tighten the line:
    - Return of actual antagonists/villains for the team to fight
    - Teams spread across the world instead of concentrated in one or two locations
    - Remove the school idea. That was a Morrison construct that only hinders the franchise and leaves characters in high school forever (Not counting GenX because they've all "graduated" and become full-fledged X-Men)
    - Reduce the number of characters
    - Reduce the number of titles to maintain quality across the line

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    I think Sabretooth and Wolverine are about the same age or at least a couple years apart give or take
    Sabretooth claims to be much older. How much older we don't really know, though.

Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

-Have something looking like the old X-Mansion. The JGS is too funny looking IMO.
    -Adult Jean Grey returns. Also, whenever she becomes Phoenix, her transformation should simply be a temporary power boost like the Phoenix 5 that leaves her alive afterwards rather than an evolutionary path that ends with her dying.
    -Make Rachel and Hope more distinct from Jean and allow them all to coexist.
    -Wolverine and Professor X return in a couple years.
    -More focus on the ideological division within the mutants.
    -I'd like to see more gradual progress on human-mutant relations. More integration for the mutants who favor integration.

Mild-Mannered Reporter BlitheringToot's Avatar

I think the "X-Men '92" versions of Jubilee and Rogue should replace the 616 versions (so we have spunky fireworks Jubes and sassy southern brawler Rogue).

I think 616 Wolverine should stay dead and an alternate, less douchey version should take over. I'd be okay with the '92 version or Howlett from "X-Treme X-Men" (who would also add some diversity to the team).

It looks like 616 Cyclops will still be around, and I'm glad. He's in a dark place now, but he deserves to live and to keep striving for redemption.

Banshee needs to be on Team Cyclops. Whether it's an old-school alternate version or the post-Apocalypse version who's still struggling to control his Death powers matters not (although the latter sounds pretty BA, now that I think of it).

Keep 616 Magneto but fix his powers. The whole broken powers bit was fun for a while, but now that he's hopped up on MGH it just reminds me a little too much of "Xorneto" and his Kick addiction.

I think Jean should stay dead, honestly. Either keep Tean Jeen around or let sleeping Phoenixes lie. ORRRRRRR have PHOENIX return and join the team (the "fake" Jean from Uncanny 101-137). Her I liked.

Trade Storm for the version from "Astonishing X-Men." Set up a love triangle between Scott, Emma and Ororo.

Bring back Pyro!

Age of Apocalypse Kitty or Ultimate Kitty would be a fun replacement for 616 Kitty. Not that I don't like 616 Kitty, but it might be fun to shake things up.

We definitely need an alternate Iceman. Mutant X Iceman would be fun, but my vote is for Teen Bobby to take the mantle full-time (the youngest X-Man becomes, once again, the youngest X-Man). However, I disagree with the notion that Bobby should be gay, and I'm still not quite sure where that came from. Bobby has always liked girls ... he's just a sh!tty boyfriend. I WOULD like to see Teen Bobby mature into a better person than his current "ARRRClops"-ish self, who has really grown obnoxious in recent years.

Age of Apocalypse Exodus would be a fun addition to the team. I loved that version.
    "What would you prefer? Yellow spandex?" – Scott Summers, 2000

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Phoenix View Post
    I just want an X-men book that showcases a team of mutants that are willing to put their lives on the line to save everyone regardless of being mutant or human.
    I want a book about a group of mutants who aren't arsed about saving anyone.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlitheringToot View Post

I think Jean should stay dead, honestly. Either keep Tean Jeen around or let sleeping Phoenixes lie. ORRRRRRR have PHOENIX return and join the team (the "fake" Jean from Uncanny 101-137). Her I liked.

While everyone is entitled to their opinion I find it odd how poster's word Jean should stay "dead", as if she's constantly resurrecting when contrary to popular belief she has the actual courtesy of dying and staying that way for a long time unlike many of the characters appearing currently who die only to miraculously return!!!

Mild-Mannered Reporter BlitheringToot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    While everyone is entitled to their opinion I find it odd how poster's word Jean should stay "dead", as if she's constantly resurrecting when contrary to popular belief she has the actual courtesy of dying and staying that way for a long time unlike many of the characters appearing currently who die only to miraculously return!!!
    Yes, Jean has stayed dead for a long time. So why mess with a good thing?
    "What would you prefer? Yellow spandex?" – Scott Summers, 2000

I honestly think one of two things happens with Wolverine (or possibly both):

1) He stays dead after Secret Wars and we continue with the whole "Sabretooth as the new Wolverine" story in Uncanny Avengers and "X-23 as the new Wolverine" story in the X-books (most likely scenario); or

2) Old Man Logan sticks around somehow after the event as part of the NuMarvel U (less likely scenario, but I'd be in favor; I see this as somewhat likely due to Bendis working on the character with Sorrentino and being a pretty decent sales draw).

It's possible that both kind of happen too, though. In that Wolverine stays dead in the main Marvel Universe but somehow Bendis keeps the Old Man Logan series going set in his alternate future.