Thread: Forty Two

Default Forty Two

The following people are transported to the restaurant at the end of the universe and asked to find the question to the ultimate answer! Can they do it?

Dr Doom(616 Earth)
    Thanos (616)
    Metron ( post crisis)
    Braniac ( composite post crisis)
    Tony Stark (616)
    Batman

There's a catch however. The restaurant isn' t surviving this Big Bang. They must find the solution ( question?) within an hour. After this the universe explodes and they all die . Knowing the answer saves them all from universal annhilation and turns them all into Galactusus ( Galacti?) of the next universe

So can they find an answer before time runs out?
    Last edited by The Dork Knight; 04-05-2015 at 01:53 PM.

Is Bats there to fetch coffee while they work?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Given his lack of cooking skill, I don't think that ups their chances much.

They ultimately fail, considering the supercomputer that took 7.5 million years to come up with the answer doesn't know the question it answered, and the Earth itself was created just to find the ultimate question. And after billions of years, the question STILL hasn't been found. So I doubt even five of the greatest minds in the multiverse (and Batman) can do it in an hour. Especially considering some of the greatest egomaniacs in the multiverse are also involved.

They end up wasting the entire time arguing whose the greatest among them until the Big Bang. But never fear, there will be a new Galactus. And the name of the new Galactus is... Marvin the Paranoid Android.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

"How many total reboots can DC go through before comics end up selling entirely?"

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Yeah. Bat-Coffee.

Bat.jpg
    "But only in their dreams can men be truly free. 'Twas always thus, and always thus will be."

-Robin Williams (Dead Poets Society)

~Member Since: 09/25/2009~
    ~Old CBR Post Count: 834~

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    The following people are transported to the restaurant at the end of the universe and asked to find the question to the ultimate answer! Can they do it?

Dr Doom(616 Earth)
    Thanos (616)
    Metron ( post crisis)
    Tony Stark (616)
    Batman

There's a catch however. The restaurant isn' t surviving this Big Bang. They must find the solution ( question?) within an hour. After this the universe explodes and they all die . Knowing the answer saves them all from universal annhilation and turns them all into Galactusus ( Galacti?) of the next universe

Not really that difficult, given it's part of pop culture and I'm pretty sure that series of books exists in all of their worlds.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Not really that difficult, given it's part of pop culture and I'm pretty sure that series of books exists in all of their worlds.
    Except Douglas Adams never gave a straight answer on what it was either. So even metafiction won't save them here.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

All-New Member

Not only that but I'm pretty sure it was implied that the question and answer couldn't exist at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by krang View Post
    Not only that but I'm pretty sure it was implied that the question and answer couldn't exist at the same time.
    Which is why it being the End of the Universe is ultimately relevant. Regardless of whether or not one finds the question, the result is the same. The End of the Universe.

Only difference here is that them finding the question means they're the next Galactus.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Incredible Member

I'm sure that ONE of them(Or all five of them working together, plus Batman) is smart enough to perform a Kobayashi Maru and just re-write the rules of the Douglas Adams universe so the Answer To The Ultimate Question is now "F*** Reed Richards"(Upon Doom's suggestion) instead of 42.

Guys, guys. You are missing the point of Batman. This is arguably a more deduction based question than pure science. So if the others can assemble the data, I figured the "world's best detective " could be the one to crack it especially since the chances of it being a question of a few words is far more likely than it being some complex scientific equation

Plus if nothing else, Bruce can certainly learn to fly in an hour from the guide and end his life on a ..."high". Hehe. Sorry
    Last edited by The Dork Knight; 04-06-2015 at 06:20 AM.

BANNED

THanos. THANOS. As in he-who-when-properly-motivated-assembled-the-most-lethal-tool-in-the-MU Thanos? He'll come up with a random answer, FUBAR the universe, then un-F*** it in a way that causes that answer to be thr correct one(while getting his powers jacked in the process) Which leads to NEXT YEAR's summer mega X-over special where all of us will be broke from buying all the necessary books to complete the storyline...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post

Dr Doom(616 Earth)
    Thanos (616)
    Metron ( post crisis)
    Tony Stark (616)
    Batman

Braniac gets eaten for breakfast. AND HE'S DELICIOUS!